PoE II looking for advice on a good chanter tank build.

5 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Eh - Animated Weapons are powerful, not just "decent enough". :) You shouldn't use auto-attacks with summons whenever possible - because their attack abilities DO scale. Best example is the Dragon summon whose auto-attacks are bad but whose attack abilities (breath and tail lash) are pretty good because of "internal" PL scaling (I mean the PL of the Dragon, not the summoner).  

Most summons do not scale well - some however do. Not with the summoner's Power Level but with the character level.

Depends on playstyle, I myself am a lazy person and afaik there is no way to use animated weapons abilites per AI.

But if I play let's say a skald with Scordeo's perma extended and set both auto attacks and her revenge on AI, my char just goes around pewepewing. 😛

Once again depends on personal preferences some people like to manually input their summons every single ability, I personally am too lazy. 😛

I just started a play through with the Cunning Duelist (Rogue/Chanter). I'm a normal rogue instead of a Trickster but it is pretty fun especially once you hit mid level.  I'm taking a few other abilities, not just using as described.

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

Same here, actually I only recently played a rogue in PoE for the first time as I also dislike them. 770 hours so far on PoE and 1200 on Deadfire and only 1 rogue in each game! The cunning duelist is the continuation of my PoE rogue. It is fun now I'm 12th level but early on he kept getting knocked out (I guess those illusion spells of the trickster help keep you alive). I still have to learn how to play rogues, but I like the chant abilities and with just a single one-handed weapon he crits like crazy! I'm still not sold on multiclass, I prefer single class - I hate having to decide which abilities from each class to get as there are so many good ones which is why I usually play single class. Currently the whole party is multiclass but for my next run I shall go back to single class. I think if I would play again I would go trickster as I like him wearing the white witch mask which would have been useful for trickster abilities, but at the time I wanted more sneak damage as i was enjoying shadowing beyond and backstabbing in PoE 1.

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

• 4 months later...

Sorry for revive this old thread, but I was looking for some chanters topics and this one caught my attention. I am with the idea of an off-tank/support build, but can provide some damage too. And I was wondering if a  prirest of Wael/Troubador could fit this role.