Picture of Your Games the 14th

Amentep

21 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

But do you have a lap pool?
7DtD-A19-006.jpg
ย 

No, while the rampart is done, the interior of the keep is still fairly barebones. Ground floor - Crafting room:

bAgyUs7.jpg

Second floor (or first floor depending on which side of the pond you are on)ย - Throne room:

tKbIGYc.jpg

Third floor - bedroom:

ijGZ6Dq.jpg

There's also a small attic. It's currently empty.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธRFK Jr 2024๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

At least you get what looks like some decent decorative items.ย  There are some in 7 Days but many you have to go into the "creative/dev" menu to grab from there - they're not normally craftable by players.ย  ๐Ÿ˜•

I will try Valheim one day ... but going to wait a year or so and see what happens/what it turns into, first.

โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

@LadyCrimsonI'm sure I still have a ton of crafting to unlock. You unlock crafting via finding new materials and killing bosses. I've killed 2 bosses so far, there are at least 5 AFAIK. I'm sure there are several biomes I haven't visited yet. I'm just starting to venture into the plains (after getting horrifically murdered my first trip into it) as I make my way toward the third boss, Bonemass. Here's everything I've explored so far:

Z6UxDid.jpg

That right there is as big as many open world games in their entirety. Here's what it looks like zoomed out to show the size of the full map:

6WI605H.jpg

• Like 2

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On a mission to prove there can be only one -heim, the cultists of the Purple Toe go hunting for wyrdstone but find themselves surrounded by vampires and their minions:

xoJg9Cn.jpg

AT4osOF.jpg

They try to grab strategic positions and pick their engagements

B0uCXLX.jpg

against sometimes stupidly lucky opponents:

mhy3dNg.jpg

It is a very close fight, but they survive, though one brother will suffer from lingering internal injuries and Thrice-Amnesiac Lopt the berserker reached a point where his goldfish like memory has him completely confused:

HRkzikt.jpg

ย 

They straight away headed back out to gather more loot.

Again they were attacked (this time by a rival cult) but had time to regroup, grab a lot of loot and stash it in their wagon, then form a tight defense around it.

TtJx9JH.jpg

fUR7Yhu.jpg

muhKdfu.jpg

• Like 5

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

@keyrock - nice. I miss when 7 Day's random maps were essentially "infinite".ย  Then they became "60kx60k" or 100k or something but you could still hack them to be infinite.ย  Now they're around 8kx8k (this is still really huge, multiple giant cities/biomes, can't fit it all in the map viewer), or if you have a potato PC, there's a 4kx4k option.ย 

But the random maps have become more predictable biome wise vs. more random biome placement and merging. Less interesting to attempt to go from edge to edge to edge. Kind of a shame.

โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

Example:ย  it now takes close to 20 minutes to generate an 8100kx8100k map, which is just stupid.ย  The "4kx4k" sized ones take about 4 minutes.ย  They have 3 pre-generated ones (always the same file) for ppl who can't generate maps on their PC's well. >.>ย  For solo play 8x is overkill tho, most people would base and at most explore 2-3 cities, like in the magnified section (each grid of a city is a "block" with several buildings/houses in it).ย  Anyway, biomes are now always same position direction wise, so ... predictable....

7DtD-A19-008.jpg

....versus the way they were before, where they mingled and was much more random (and larger/more cities etc) thus more fun to explore.ย  Oh well. I have no idea why they take so long to generate now tho.ย  The below used to just take a few minutes vs. close to 20.ย  Terrain, water, town/POI, physics generation changed a lot I guess.ย  Whatever.ย  Edit: at least you can still d/l and play the old betas, back to A8 or A9 I think, still, if you want.

7DTD-0139.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson

Valheim's third boss:

rrkDP0b.jpg

I've seen a lot of people talk about the second boss as a difficulty spike, but I had no trouble with The Elder. Bonemass, on the other hand, murdered me on my first try.

Enjoying the lovely scenery while sailing in my longboat:

pK3iypV.jpg

I've spruced up my throne room with sconces and boss trophies:

weKZTO7.jpg

I put Bonemass' trophy directly facing my throne so that I can stare at it to remember my failures and eventual victory:

LQbkL1E.jpg

• Like 2

I'm working on the village outside my keep. First step was leveling the ground. Next I dug a moat, then I built a palisade:

ipKIEMG.jpg

Now I'm starting to plan out the layout by building just the very bottom of each structure:

bsMWWaV.jpg

I have a garden on one end:

phSjDU7.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Are there NPC's in Valheim, like in Conan?

There is a merchant that spawns in a random spot on the map, he's the only one I've met so far.

I wish I could dig a (useful vs. decorative) moat.ย  Zombies, sadly, can walk in water and don't have to breathe, thus it won't stop them at all and they will just pummel any structure support blocks underwater.ย  ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

I'm sure everyone was wondering :shifty: what I do when I'm not building fancy creative pool houses.ย  Well, I build fancy zombie defense highrises.ย  Although the height is mostly to defeat a certain enemy AI that spawns from too much activity (so I can do stuff like burn forges day and night w/out being pestered all the time).ย  The actual magical horde zombie fighting is done on that small side extension (it's my "hallway" - works fine for easyish difficulties).ย  6x6 is a nice "room" size, not too big, not too small. It was ... a lot of concrete making tho.ย 

7DtD-A19-009.jpg

It has six floors plus basement and roof (8).ย  To have plants grow indoors you have to have at least one tile open to the "sun" all the way down. (p.s. - there is a ladder for access, I don't "fly" up - most of the time, hah).
7DtD-A19-011.jpg

Rebuilding and fortifying the world one hammer blow at a time!ย  (I've re-mastered the personal housing, I think I might start repairing/rebuilding whole pre-fab towns now...)
7DtD-A19-010.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson

On 3/11/2021 at 5:10 PM, melkathi said:

On a mission to prove there can be only one -heim, the cultists of the Purple Toe go hunting for wyrdstone but find themselves surrounded by vampires and their minions:

Wait, there's a vampire faction? Are they playable? Do I have to get this game after all?

• Like 1

Aww yeah, it's my boy Jenks! (He's Detective Blackwell in this game but he'll always be Jenks to me)

7QksWIH.jpg

Of course you can come in;ย you're always welcome, Jenks.ย This actorย is the freakin' best.

I'm taking a brief break from Valheim to play The Dark Side of the Moon. I'm looking for something on the short side, a brief interlude, and I don't expect a FMV game to be particularly long.

UIs6P8r.jpg

ohI8ifz.jpg

7bebd458-dfe9-4c35-beee-da10caaaa99b.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Valheim programming.

My village is mostly done:

N3B0Ds4.jpg

GVkt958.jpg

HQmJztx.jpg

2iLPZd8.jpg

I almost feel like the ruler of a fief. If only the game hadย NPCs I could place, even if just static ones, to liven up the place. There's a big update coming soon. Fingers crossed that they add NPCs.

Bonus non-village screenie:

0JA9KBz.jpg

IMHO Valheim does weather effects and lighting effects as well as the highest budget AAA games. Light shafts, depth of field, ambient occlusion, etc are all used to great effect. In particular, the way the depth of field transitionsย from blurry to sharp when you focus on something in the distance just feels so right. I don't know how to describe it any better than that, you kind of have to see it in motion.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

On 3/18/2021 at 7:35 PM, melkathi said:

You turned into sand in hopes of making Sand like you?

Hah, I honestly am not really thrilled with any of the characters, they make good cannon fodder and numbers to tilt the advantageย so I guessย narcissism wins the day here: I'm hyper focused on perfecting mine own.

I'm casually sneaking my way to a city ruin my enemy somehow lost when my army is suddenly overtaken by this stack:
zTcsHQX.jpg

You've gotta be kidding me.
(The orange coloring at the bottom indicates they are all max xp, souped up, "named" regiments)

• Gasp! 1