Picture of Your Games the 14th

Amentep

^ I have Cat Quest on PS4. I liked it but then I stopped for some reason. I need to start it again one day.

===============================

Does everything on this planet have bunny ears?
ToA-morebunnyears.jpg

I was hoping for more outfits (or even just recolors) that would make my team more color co-ordinated, but this isn't exactly what I had in mind. 😛
ToA-farmers.jpg

TalesofArise-0613a.jpg

...what? Is the AI actually lecturing me on being smarter in combat when I have to save them constantly? Pffft.
ToA-theAIsays.jpg

Magic bullet time.
TalesofArise-0615a.jpg

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yet more random Lost Judgment tomfoolery:

b1is9Fn.jpg

SLwFm8o.jpg

9dBhMat.jpg

uLd51G0.jpg

The Seyrio Rabbits at the Dance Jam National Finals:

sibRpHq.jpg

The winning performance:

They make me so proud!🥲

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

...it takes a long time to clone/push out UI elements from a menu pic you want. 🥺
...and I might have to do it yet again, because that menu pic keeps changing at different story points.  >.> 

ToA-menupic-00b.jpg

ToA-menupic-02b.jpg

...gave up on the actual bottom translucent bar tho. That's beyond me (and have it not look like utter poo).
...I do like the fact the picture keeps changing, but that means I want to preserve the others so-

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

ToA-Dohalim-cast-1.jpg

ACCEPTABLE.
TalesofArise-0685a.jpg

ToA-Shionne-cast--1a.jpg

....hey, Bandai, since you're so into DLC, I would've paid another $15 for a Photo Mode DLC.  Just saying.

• Like 1

The tomfoolery continues:

ypm1jw7.jpg

Parz8Tc.jpg

Ba3nW3T.jpg

pV3Yarl.jpg

Just because I completed the dance school story doesn't mean I'm going to stop dancing with my girls:

I do hope there's more than just the 4 songs in the school story to be found or added in a DLC or whatever.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

:huh::shifty::grin::lol::lol::lol:

TalesofArise-0753a.jpg

TalesofArise-0755a.jpg

TalesofArise-0761a.jpg

Also:
TalesofArise-0765a.jpg

^  Do' got an arte/skill where after he attacks he strikes a pose as this rosebush sprouts out of thin air (thorn damage I guess, haha). And thus I slapped that 1-dmg artifact on and spent 15 minutes forcing him to spam it over and over (along with Mr. carrot-sword and Mr. bunny-pig gauntlets), while laughing like a loon. What is this game, I can't even.

I need a game where you can make all weapons/attacks look like pillows, so it would look like the biggest pillow fight in the world, all the time.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

Disco Elysium is a weird little game, that's for sure, but it has heart
y3SUqcjwVYo.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Decreasing the FoV to 30-35 (Cheat Engine mod) vs. the default/locked 70, gives you a great chance of getting a combat close-up that is NOT from an always-the-same 3 second Boost Strike or other cutscene bit - vs. the .5% chance of the camera randomly swinging in close as it turns, for a fraction of a second, at just the right moment...my interest in the game just increased a little again. Not that one should play normally this way - 55-60 FoV minimum or it's really wonky trying to run around when not in combat. But for screenies it's great!

So instead of combat frequently looking like this boring (to me) distance
TalesofArise-0456a.jpg

It's now much easier to get something more like this, without cropping. Aerials were the hardest to get at all, before.
It's not a photo-mode, but it's better at least.  *happy screenshotter camper*
TalesofArise-0819a.jpg

TalesofArise-0824b.jpg

FoV that extremely close up does make you extra aware of the character's height difference tho, since the camera is always pinned to a center spot. :lol: So no good for non-combat pics of outfits, lol.
ToA-height-1a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2

Sorry, but ... hahahahaha!

ToA-height-2.jpg

...FoV at 10.
...hmm, I wonder if that's how hubby sees me half the time?  🤔

• Haha 1

Metroid Dread

xH1mOqb.jpeg

nXtryVc.jpeg

Ucv0JvS.jpeg

The Kraid fight is pretty great.

12whxvj.jpeg

7hDkfMY.jpeg

Edit: Kraid has come a long way since Metroid:

tumblr_inline_pat98f88481rjw2mu_500.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

When you think you're done with a game and then ... "hmm, wait...this has...POTENTIAL."

ToA-four-Dohalim1.jpg

Guys, I've been up all night, dying of laughter. Four Do's destroy everything (and they cast heal on each other). And it's workable in a new playthrough (Cheat Engine table), even in the sections where you haven't picked him up officially, yet.

TalesofArise-1021b.jpg

TalesofArise-1026b.jpg

TalesofArise-1024a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Experiment Z-57:

oxVsMhK.jpeg

This is an awesome boss fight, best one I've played in any Metroid game thus far.

l5QdpLM.jpeg

It took me 6 tries to get the job done.

X3kviJx.jpeg

3 to figure out all the attack patterns and tells, 3 more to execute properly.

rK1JLnN.jpeg

And take your precious ring with you!

• Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Hm...Biomutant is 34% off, or one of the few otome VN's I've had in my wishlist is 15% off. What to try, what to try...

bustafellows-01.jpg

...for the mood I'm in this week, I think I made the right choice.
bustafellows-02.jpg

Has the typical otome cliches/eye-rollers and there were some video bits that weren't Eng.sub  translated (boo) but it did make me laugh quite a few times, plus the boi route I picked was great at least. Romancing a hitman with a past! ... the bad ending was surprisingly dark/tragic, too. Love me some tragi-romance. I could see a short anime version of it working. Still nowhere as good as Hakuoki, but I've accepted that nothing ever is/will be.

More shinespark puzzles. It's almost unfair to call them "puzzles", but that's what Metroid players have always called them. Figuring out what to do is the easy part, executing is the much harder part.

This first one to get power bomb ammo was quite easy, only took me 3 tries:

This one to get missiles, on the other hand, was the hardest shinespark puzzle I've done so far:

I suck at executing mid-air shinesparks, and this required two of them. It took me at least 30 tries, I lost count. Hopefully that's the hardest one. I'm at a point where I could head to presumably the final boss right now, I'm just getting 100% item collection. 

None of these shinespark puzzles are required to beat the game, btw. They're only necessary for 100%. Any shinesparks required to beat the game are childishly easy and straightforward, there's no puzzle to them whatsoever.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Shinespark madness continues:

That should be it for these. There were other puzzles I didn't bother recording. The game is nice enough to give you a collection percentage for each separate area and I have 100% in every area except the one I haven't visited yet, which I presume is just the final boss fight 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bravely Default 2

For those not familiar with the series, it's essentially old skool Final Fantasy in everything except name.

wl8lTQq.jpeg

I brought back an old character name staple I hadn't used in many years.

GRTZbg5.jpeg

Everything from Final Fantasy of 20+ years ago and is here: Active turn-based combat, job system, familiar item names (e.g. phoenix down), familiar battle music. The new wrinkle is the brave and default (hence the series name) combat abilities. Brave lets you do extra actions (up to 4 total) while default defends and accumulates bravery points (bp) to use with brave. There's more to it than that, but I don't feel like typing out another paragraph.

jmz6Bvc.jpeg

The environments can look quite lovely.

KClyhr3.jpeg

I like how it shows a cutaway when you enter a building.

Fp56Svz.jpeg

The chibi-ish art style probably won't be to everybody's liking, but it doesn't bother me.

YqC7pyR.jpeg

Check out the pompadour on this guy!

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸