Picture of Your Games the 14th

Amentep

@LadyCrimsonIt's a musou, you engage in large, sometimes very vaguely historically based, battles where you run around OBLITERATING thousands of mooks while you build up your charges for your specials. When you run into a big baddie you unload your specials on them. Lather, rinse, repeat. Always repeat.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธRFK Jr 2024๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

0suCybJ.jpg

This is my test character just to screw around with and get familiar with the mechanics and such. I'll probably make a new character once I'm familiar enough with the game that I know what I want to focus on.

0a1WwE9.jpg

I went silver wing for this trial character. Wings are essentially professions: Silver Wing = Office/Business White Wing = Scientist/Doctor Blue Wing = Engineer/Mechanic Black Wing = Security/Military Orange Wing = Convict/Laborer

JDl9Sql.jpg

I'm surprised that everything seems to be voice acted so far. Maybe that's just the intro?

5BZNrzK.jpg

The game feels very Fallout 1 & 2 but with the modern quality of life improvements that you would expect.

• Like 2

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just showing some scenery. Also, you can switch "party leader" at any time, meaning that's the one you control/skillset you use in combat and will see while running around. eg, you don't always have to be staring at only one character's behind outfit.ย 

TalesofArise-0022.jpg

TalesofArise-0023.jpg

• Like 2
โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

I want my own owl.ย  :(

TalesofArise-0032a.jpg

TalesofArise-0043a.jpg

Also:
The enemy might be in there somewhere.ย 
TalesofArise-0039a.jpg

Yeah, I'm cherry-picking one second of a moment, but it's one of those "really busy" combat UI/effects graphics, along with a constantly moving camera and often short FoV/PoV. The gals are both ranged and they're constantly tossing big-effect spells/attacks on top as well as any "big" enemy ones. It looks cool, don't get me wrong, but it's pretty visually chaotic, even more than FFXV was, imo. Sometimes feels like I'm just mashing buttonsy hoping I'm hitting something. Maybe it'd be better to play one of the gals and stand back, and let AI control the melee. But I like playing Alphen.ย  ๐Ÿ˜•ย  I think you can tell the AI to not use certain attacks if you want (like flashy ones) but haven't played with that stuff yet.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1
โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

Became slightly fed up with HUD and downloaded the Nexus mod to toggle it on/off. It also removes game menu elements, hence toggling it constantly, or only off when you want screens/videos.ย  Anyway, combat is still visual chaos but at least you can get a few combat animation shots now and then without the GIANT TEXT of skill name plastered over them. Or the mini-map. Or ...

TalesofArise-0059a.jpg

But without a photomode, normal combat stuff is mostly dull to screen (plus I'd have to cheat hard so I could observe it). Too far away, not visceral enough for me.ย :lol: Mostly they'd look like below, and that's taking stills from sifting thru 4k video frame by frame.ย  Oh well, plenty of nice scenery and stuff here and there, instead!
TalesofArise-0054a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

In case anyone is wondering, I have been avoiding major spoiler pics. Hence mostly chr/scenery.

TalesofArise-0081a.jpg

TalesofArise-0079a.jpg

TalesofArise-0066a.jpg

...that's probably enough picture-spam from me for one week tho. I want to get farther into the game faster.ย  ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 3

I've been playing Trails of Cold Steel 4. Got a lot of screen shots but 99% of them can't show 'cause of spoilers, so here's a compilation of people dunking on Mishy that has no plot relevance.

4SHEAhQ.jpg

xOKZO18.jpg

bZMsBQZ.jpg

ZJAif5i.jpg

5wzbe0O.jpg

3Keoe8w.png

z22IO80.jpg

I even get in on the action, beating the snot out of Mishy in a card game right in front of his fans.

Av2jc2g.jpg

• Like 1

^ I'm going to assume there is likely a bunch of Mishy plushies out there. I want one.

Got everyone, now. This is a common pic capture but the costumes (and ears) are mine!
TalesofArise-0188a.jpg

The guy with red hair is now my husbando. Especially after I put those glasses on him.ย  :*
TalesofArise-0204.jpg

Sadly can only have 4 active at once (although inactive ones still show up in the special animated Strikes). Trying to figure out what combo I like.
TalesofArise-0170a.jpg

I asked hubby which of four pics that he liked better. He said with exasperation "I dunno/whatever, she's a cartoon."
Dear hubby, my husbando would like a word with you! :shifty: Pfft, my man's no fun/no help. So this one, then.ย  :lol:
TalesofArise-0103a.jpg

• Like 3

This thread appears to be lacking a certain something...

Oh! I know!

440900_20210924000003_1.png

Can't believe I'm still playing building stuff in this game. Tried a few others, but always end up coming back to this one for my building fix...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 3

Lost Judgment

tcH4hyi.jpg

Japanese games always have the best looking food:

ypvRWOI.jpg

My #1 priority in this game is to help the Seiryo Rabbits win the national championship:

gkMlm2c.jpg

cLG3mD3.jpg

If RGG do decide to change the protagonist for future games they could go with Kyoko Amasawa:

eOpo8NA.jpg

If the game happens 2 or 3 years from now (presumably Yakuza: Like a Dragon 2 [or whatever they call it] will be the next RGG game) she'll have finished high school by then. She's already an amateur detective, she just needs to learn to smash people with bicycles and traffic cones. Also, she has an adorable pet dog which she trained to be her detective partner:

TmGvqYL.jpg

Speaking of adorable animals:

ikx0rY9.jpg

n1RTxLU.jpg

ancient-aliens-movie.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3
  • Gasp! 1

Attack animation picture spam!

TalesofArise-0294a.jpg

TalesofArise-0280a.jpg

TalesofArise-0266a.jpg

TalesofArise-0279a.jpg

Not combat or a party character but ...
TalesofArise-0115a.jpg

ย 

ย ... the samurai outfit DLC for my husbando was worth it, far as I'm concerned.ย  :shifty:
TalesofArise-0247a.jpg

• Like 3

Random Lost Judgment tomfoolery:

Playing darts against a Russian ninja:

JnoCKpZ.jpg

Out on a hot date:

YZVe4WD.jpg

Much like in the first game, there's a very short section where I get to play as Saori:

6scnlfC.jpg

Again, like in the first game I get to get her out of her cardigan and into a dress. Outside of facial structure, it's basically a full-fledged character creator:

K6rAnA1.jpg

They don't give me all of Kamurocho to roam, just a heavily invisible walled off street to walk down. On the bright side, at least the camera function was left available which allowed me to snap a selfie of Saori and Mari out on the town:

yur8Z6q.jpg

In the first game they let me have Saori tag along in Premium Adventure while I mop up unfinished side quests. In an ideal world Saori tags along in Kamurocho while Kyoko Amasawa tags along in Ijincho:

gutKUVz.jpg

I guess I'll find out when I finish the main story.

• Like 2

The problem with being a caster who has to stand still for a long time to cast some spells....
TalesofArise-0303a.jpg

...is that sometimes they catch up to you.
TalesofArise-0304a.jpg

JRPG's - the place to get all your culinary advice.
TalesofArise-0318.jpg

Maybe because of all the chaos but I didn't notice at first that these things weren't just a strangely shaped, singular creature. Now that I've noticed, they're kind of cute. :lol:
TalesofArise-0316a.jpg

I suppose I need to play the dedicated mage someday (figure in the lower-center). Only one I haven't tried as combat leader yet. I'm not that fond of her character (outside of her owl), so I sort of avoid her...her spells are nice, but I prefer having two who can damage and heal, so I don't really need her.
TalesofArise-0315a.jpg

• Like 3

I have decided. Hootle is the best character in the game.ย ย  a master actor of expressive feeling ... a shoo-in for the Owl Academy Awards.
ToA-hootleface.jpg

Still haven't controlled her. I just switch to take scenic pics sometimes. ๐Ÿ˜›
TalesofArise-0407.jpg

You will get knocked through the air and onto your backside, often.
TalesofArise-0348a.jpg

The beachwear DLC outfit for my husbando was also worth it.ย :dancing: Hey, there's a bikini DLC for the shield-woman, so fair play. Thanks, Bandai Namco. ๐Ÿ‘ย 
ToA-sD-speedofighting.jpg
ย 

Can't tell if Rinwell's grin = appreciation or mocking laughter.ย ย  coh-lul1.pngย 
TalesofArise-0403a.jpg

• Like 3

Am I boring everyone yet? :lol:
I've reached a point where most screencaps are spoilers, anyway - so here's a different picture for you. A character is in there somewhere, can you see him? ๐Ÿ˜›
TalesofArise-0469.jpg

Additional: story started feeling too "serious" so I took off all the bunny/ears and things. I was also tired of never seeing the young mage's eyes in cutscenes so I gave her a different pair of glasses.
TalesofArise-0426a.jpg

Pretty!
TalesofArise-0408a.jpg

Fire always makes things better.
TalesofArise-0429a.jpg

• Like 2