Really, you call that too many?

BA65CEB796D91DD1DEA2A3F602954FF04D896DDC

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

1 minute ago, melkathi said:

Are those the upgraded ones?

Yup. Nuclear Generators.

There's more on the 2nd floor as well. ;)

28 minutes ago, melkathi said:

What difficulty are you playing? I gave up and can't find the energy to try again. Just writing it off as wasted money.

It's the normal difficulty. My first playthrough, I was keeping it simple. It does take time. I think it took about 10+ hours of gameplay to get to there. I'm playing the campaign so there are some specific gates to getting access to research and minions.

I took a big break from it to play Horizon Zero Dawn...

On 4/15/2021 at 5:26 AM, Raithe said:

Really, you call that too many?

"Your workshop isn't big enough."  "Your (over 50) granary is full, m'lord."

...oh wait, sorry, wrong games.   :*

...that type of thing is all very absurd tho. Sure, I get it - the fabled "balance" - but they almost always go overboard, imo.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Replaying PoE1 to set up my Deadfire Woedica Templar. For now he is an Aedyran Mercenary with the appropriate dispositions. At the end of the game he will side with the Burned Queen and become her follower in Deadfire.

I only care for Aloth because I'll not have Eder and Pallegina in my party in Deadfire and the other companions won't be available.

PoE1.jpg

• Like 4

sign.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I updated Win10 (PITA, pffft) ... but I have no visual frame of reference for this game - since I never played it for more than 20 minutes or something - so I have no idea if it looks "better" or not.  I feel like some darker early intro bits it looked more washed out than before (black levels). Other times it looks perfectly fine. Dunno.  I have it basically "maxed/Ultra" but with DLSS on Quality for 4k/50-60fps.  Without DLSS/native-4k, it's around 30-40fps.  Basically, like Cyberpunk was (for me), 4k/DLSS etc. performance wise, maybe a bit better than CP.

MetroExodus_5-8-2021_2-33-31_AM-101.jpg

...if I can make myself play farther I'll try to get some shots of something more lighting/RT heavy, if I can figure out what's supposed to be different.  😋

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I haven't played much further (my "wife" is leading me somewhere outside) - the lack of manual saving is annoying me since I tend to suck at these type of games - but I thought this was a good comparison article re: ray tracing in this Metro edition.  Mostly it seems to brighten/lighten up areas that used to be dominantly black/dark so you can see more details, notice npc's etc more easily in some situations that were too "black" before. Less noticeable general effect outdoors. I still feel like in some cases it makes blacks look a tad "grey" or at least it feels too lit up for my tastes. I'd probably like it somewhere in the middle.  I turned the gamma down a notch or two, seems to help.  But it does look good, simply a preference thing I suppose.

Anyway ... outside of that article's examples, here's a couple of my own early pics I still had of original, vs. Enhanced:

MetroExodus_11-27-2020_4-27-22_PM-161A.j

MetroExodus_5-8-2021_1-33-43_AM-448A.jpg

MetroExodus_11-27-2020_4-32-37_PM-662A.j

MetroExodus_5-8-2021_1-45-40_AM-280A.jpg

..according to article, this spot was much more "pitch black/grey", now it's warmer and feels sunlit.
MetroExodus_5-8-2021_2-36-22_AM-392A.jpg

And just because:

MetroExodus_5-8-2021_2-01-20_AM-504A.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2

I missed the large, center single-cities 7 Days no longer does, and this is even more ginormous, would take forever to "clear out" every POI. Thanks, 3rd-party map generator! I also made the block grid size smaller so POI's are closer together. When you run around ground-level, it feels much more like a city or suburb, to me anyway.  =]

thatsacity1.jpg

thatsacity2.jpg

thatsacity3.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Gasp! 1

MetroExodus_5-11-2021_2-46-07_PM-326A.jp

Why does everything in this game want to knock me down and rip my face off?
MetroExodus_5-11-2021_2-50-27_PM-699A.jp

NOT a nice doggy.
MetroExodus_5-11-2021_2-50-33_PM-823A.jp

Pardon me, just keeping the mud off my shoes.
MetroExodus_5-11-2021_2-57-27_PM-876A.jp

...I got to the train, which is probably about where I stopped originally.  I circled around a bit and decided to jump down what appeared to be a 6-7 foot drop to an area below a platform (instead of climbing the ladder like game told me to).  Apparently six feet is too high or something and I landed so hard I insta-died.  I went "Pffft" and exited game again.  10-15 minutes every day, that's about my pace. Hah.

Edited by LadyCrimson

The university cat sitting in its tower:

BsEZH9W.jpg

Elf student going in for some psychotherapy:

Fb4VUlA.jpg

Half-orc student watching werewolf colleague's attempt at the assassination exercise:

Ek7pcP8.jpg

Students gathering for potions class:

Q7cBILy.jpg

Portly enchantment professor teaching applied magics, while on the floor above the elementalism professor stoically ignores the graffiti:

7xVC4Qr.jpg

Attentive herbalism class:

0nWqxtF.jpg

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Apparently, zombies don't like (or couldn't catch) pet bunnies.  And while it was cute and all,  standing there looking around, I whacked it and ate it myself.  Survival, baby!

7DtD-A19-014.jpg

See that shard of broken glass in my hand?  You can eat it to kill yourself.  Which is darkly funny. (it's really a mechanic they added long ago, in case you get stuck in terrain or something, since death=respawn....I've never had that glitch tho and never bothered carrying glass around. Inventory space is tight, man.

7DtD-A19-015.jpg

On 4/21/2021 at 2:41 PM, InsaneCommander said:

Replaying PoE1 to set up my Deadfire Woedica Templar. For now he is an Aedyran Mercenary with the appropriate dispositions. At the end of the game he will side with the Burned Queen and become her follower in Deadfire.

I only care for Aloth because I'll not have Eder and Pallegina in my party in Deadfire and the other companions won't be available.

PoE1.jpg

Which faction will you side with in deadfire?  I did the same thing (except I used all the companions).  I decided to side with Principi (the lady... I forget her name) because I figured I wouldn't want to strengthen any rivals to Aedyr

I'm finally getting around to playing The Outer Worlds. At this point, I'm sure everyone here has already played the game, so I'll just post a picture of my character, Gobo Blek, and move on:

6F7VXks.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 minutes ago, Theonlygarby said:

He's beautiful.

My inspiration for the name was "a character in a Roger Corman Star Wars knock-off." The face just sort of created itself, I mean, that's a Gobo Blek if I've ever seen one. :yes:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

saw the 50% discount, still too much to pay for a game I won't play for another year :( maybe next Easter I'll post my character in the newest iteration of this thread too 🤞

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.