Picture of Your Games the 14th

Amentep

@melkathiHe'll have 3 attacks again since I plan to fight him at least 1 more time. I want to mount his trophy in my house like I did with Eikthyr:

qKXjPKl.jpg

I get a kick out of the fact that Eikthyr's trophy **** talks me when I pass by it. Hopefully The Elder's trophy will do that too. I had to hang the trophy I got from The Elder on a sacrificial stone for main quest purposes:

SH50hge.jpg

Hence, I need to kill him again to get another trophy for my house. I don't mind, it's a fun enough battle.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธRFK Jr 2024๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

After defeating The Elder, I was full of myself and exploring. So, I wound up freezing to death on a mountain. I had no business being there, I almost made it out of the snow... just chalk it up to stupid. Anyway, I decided it would be faster to go by boat to retrieve my corpse. I didn't wear my backup armor since I was pretty loaded down when I died and wouldn't be able to pick everything up while wearing another suit of armor, so I filled my belly and went naked. I'm sailing along, everything is going fine. I spot a troll on shore so I sail close to the shore just to taunt him. He comes running into the water after me but is slow as **** in water so I just laugh at him. And then...

ZhAjBTp.jpg

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

1Fyc.gif

• Like 1

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I can't possibly top the Kristen Wiig furry pic, but here's aย crypt entrance I found in the swamp biome:

XQFp1za.jpg

I almost diedย multiple times in the swamp, once to a particularly beefy draugr plus skeleton archer friends then later to a blob (essentially a jelly or ooze) inside the sunken crypt. The good news is that I survived both times and I found scrap iron inside the crypt. Once smelted down into bars, iron unlocks a new tier of weapons and armor, and, more importantly, unlocks the stone cutting station, which in turn unlocks stone building pieces. Now my goal is to find a good spot to start building a castle.

• Like 1

I'm building my castle

h18CO1z.jpg

fF3xiTj.jpg

My building site has been "attacked" multiple times already. By "attacked" I mean enemies awkwardly trying and failing to get across the moat and sheer wall while I sit and laugh.ย :lol:

• Like 3

When it's too big to get a good, full screenshot.ย  ๐Ÿ˜•ย  This is not a zombie-horde defense home, btw. Those would be more spartan and combat functional. Building a couple of those a few game-chunks away from this thing.ย  Just sayin'.ย 

7DtD-A19-001a.jpg
ย 

See that hill that I'm building the planter boxes on? I'm going to cover the entire thing with those and porches and the like, then build another "house" at the top, which will have a height-walkway from one to the other. The farm-plot squares are at least not all-concrete and look better with the plants in them.ย  Maybe that'll work for zombie spawn prevention. I'll think of something...

7DtD-A19-002a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 3
โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

Please excuse the terrible image, the game looks funky when flying way way up high.ย 
But that yellow circle? That's the outer wall I want to make, with all inside being a zombie-spawn free zone.ย  This afternoon I started ... to think maybe I've bitten off more than I can chew.ย  >.>

7DtD-A19-004.jpg

But my 'city park' zone is coming along nicely! I forgot I can plant trees - that also helps beautification. I wonder if the zombies can 'spawn' in water. They can walk in it, not sure about spawning...

7DtD-A19-003.jpg

• Like 2
โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

3 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

The right side of the first picture looks like its a cliff?ย Do you still need to put walls there?

Hmm how to explain concisely:ย ย  For total overkill design protection and AI control: Yes.

Current zombie AI:ย  if a horde (or any zombie) senses you and wants to find you, they will take the fastest/shortest route to the weakest defense closest to you.ย  Dirt/sand is soft and digging a tunnel thru it may be considered "easiest path" vs. walking around or over a hill/mountain. A barrier at least 2-3 blocks high (they can't jump like the player) and going 2 blocks into the ground should/would make them walk around the whole thing to attack a weak door or purposefully left opening instead. So current "meta" for those who like the periodic tower defense aspect are funneling hallways.ย  Edit: note with the size/number of map chunks I'm using, this is kind of unlikely but ... overkill

...ofc you can also create a tiny "horde" base full of z-attractants like forges and cooking fires and just stand on top of it like Conan, waiting for them to show up, and then jump from ground to platforms like a madman parkour expert if you want to fight/test your whacking skills for hours.ย  Not what I'm doing, tho.ย  ๐Ÿ˜„

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Oner said:

-snip-

Valheim is slowly taking over Obs Forums. Everything is proceeding according to plan.

tenor.gif

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

See those white lines at the top edges?ย  Giant bedroll "no spawn" area size.ย  I have found the way!

7DtD-A19-005.jpg

Enter debug mode, type "setgamepref BedrollDeadZoneSize whatevernumberyouwant"
Tested it, seems to work on POI spawning as well as surface random walkers, unlike buggy land claim blocks.ย  Have to retype it every time you reload but works fine. I can cover the entire map size but I think medium town size will be good enough to not have to go crazy building walls of China - just walls around around main rooms.ย  :*

Edited by LadyCrimson

The outer shell of my keep is done. I have some work to do on the interior, but it's a functional shelter and has all my crafting station needs covered. The rampart still needs a bit more work done and eventually I'll completely dig away the partial path to the entrance and leave a bridge with iron gates.

Yg1AuGD.jpg

I'm thinking about leveling the area directly surrounding the moat, building a little village, and a palisade around that and perhaps another moat. For now, work on the keep takes precedence.

• Like 1

Until I get new Mordheim screenshots:

Fired up a random map of Majesty. It started me with a temple of Krolm and a ranger's guild. 5 minutes into the map, a Vampire attacked my town, followed by half a dozen Greater Gorgons and a horde of goblins (including goblin spell casters). Took out the vampire and most Gorgons before getting wiped out in under 7 minutes...

i2dhDnx.jpg

Here is what Irene had to say about the experience:

wlYhSQO.jpg

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

No, I hadn't reinstalled it since the last /format :) Which admittedly was a while ago. But with lockdowns time passes oddly. You come home from the supermarket a nice November afternoon, and by the time you have all the groceries stored in the pantry, it is March.

• Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On 3/8/2021 at 2:25 PM, Keyrock said:

I have some work to do on the interior, but it's a functional shelter and has all my crafting station needs covered.

But do you have a lap pool?
7DtD-A19-006.jpg

No zombie apocalypse is going to deprive me of my comforts, darnit!
7DtD-A19-007.jpg

• Like 4