randoM vidEo gAme News

Amentep

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

I didn't say NWN OC. :p

NWN as a creative platform had a heck of a lot more impact on the gaming landscape than any of the DA games.

That is EXACTLY the type of thing volo would say, I cant believe I missed it all these years :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

I think it looks good, it has potential and has some RPG mechanics I am not  familiar with but they look  interesting  like the grid based combat system

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

I'm getting a Betrayal at Krondor vibe.

You are correct sir!

More info here, if you’re interested of course 😉

https://www.gog.com/news/betrayal_at_krondor_discussion_panel_on_our_twitch_channel

• Like 4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

https://www.callofsaregnar.com/

Great vision statement from the Devs :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

On 3/26/2021 at 5:03 AM, BruceVC said:

Gorthfuscious I wonder what that Wizards of the Coast game that  studio is working on? It must be D&D based ?

Hey @BruceVC, the studio is owned by Wizards Digital (the new name for Wizards of the Coast), so the studio is not just working on a Wizards game. Also, it is supposed to be a sci fi-fantasy game, so not D&D or M:TG. Some entirely new IP Wizards is creating, where the CEO of Wizards recently mentioned that given how successful the company is right now they want to create a few entirely new IPs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Hey @BruceVC, the studio is owned by Wizards Digital (the new name for Wizards of the Coast), so the studio is not just working on a Wizards game. Also, it is supposed to be a sci fi-fantasy game, so not D&D or M:TG. Some entirely new IP Wizards is creating, where the CEO of Wizards recently mentioned that given how successful the company is right now they want to create a few entirely new IPs.

Thanks for sharing, that could lead to something really interesting :thumbsup:

John Milton 

9 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I'm getting a Betrayal at Krondor vibe.

Yeah. They even took the spell casting UI almost wholesale from BaK. But, that is why I'm interested.

For anyone wondering, there is a closed beta for Call of Saregnar but seeing as that trailer is from 3 years ago and the project's only survived because of Petron support, the game's probably still a long ways off.

• Like 1

Forget effects plugins that model individual strands of hair, teeth modeling plugins are the new hotness. :-

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 3/27/2021 at 12:02 AM, Hurlsnot said:

I didn't say NWN OC. :p

NWN as a creative platform had a heck of a lot more impact on the gaming landscape than any of the DA games.

It did?  Got data to back this up?

Last I checked NWN1 was just their transitional game until KOTOR, then they officially abandoned DnD with simpler systems.

• Thanks 1

Eh, he doesn't sound like he understood the game? Or the genre. It is a base building game a la Dungeon Keeper. You build, so you can build more cool stuff and have build something great that works more or less.

Like Anno or Caesar games.

What kind of criticism is "You defeat all opponents the same way, by having your minions beat them up or through traps" ? It is like complaining that in a first person shooter you shoot opponents instead of challenging them to poker or match 3 games for variety.

The game may still end up being too shallow. The original was rather shallow and mostly grabbed people through theme. But this review hasn't given me anything to consider. The fact that minions sent out to the world do not come back, that sounds a bit sad - though I'll have to see if it is actually the case and they changed the system or whether he just didn't notice that minions can be lost but aren't always (just as in the first game).

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

20 hours ago, melkathi said:

What kind of criticism is "You defeat all opponents the same way, by having your minions beat them up or through traps" ? It is like complaining that in a first person shooter you shoot opponents instead of challenging them to poker or match 3 games for variety.

I mean, a complaint that enemy system is shallow is a legit complaint - securing your base against enemy attacks does sound interesting. It wasn't the only one review I watched (ACG has been my go-to for a while now as he tends to give me a good idea of what to expect - though I would agree that this type of game isn't his forte) none of which was terribly enthusiastic. I have a bad habit of buying managemenet games and not playing them. Planet Zoo was my most recent mistake.

I mean, it's also exactly what you did in Dungeon Keeper. Build your base, recruit monsters, train them, ambush the invading heroes. That's pretty much it.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's official, preservation of history of video games will get a pretty big blow from Sony in few weeks :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Without watching the video, what exactly does "game preservation solutions" mean? Because they clearly stated you can keep downloading the games you own.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."