randoM vidEo gAme News

Amentep

10 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

Japan is the 3rd strongest economy in the world what are they doing moving to the heart of the Empire?

Oh right it's a business, I'm sure they're just capitalizing on the weeaboos here throwing their money at anything Japan.

Upon reflection, why Sega got destroyed in the console market was conservative Japanese executives wishing to remain independent and "Japanese"

I guess Sony is taking the diametrically opposite approach to what Sega did because of prior algorithms.

Yeah, they are completely destroying uniqueness of the Japanese games, either by censoring of by forced westernization. If I want to play western games, I have PC for that. PS5 for me would be at this time just a brick on my table 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

4 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Yeah, they are completely destroying uniqueness of the Japanese games, either by censoring of by forced westernization. If I want to play western games, I have PC for that. PS5 for me would be at this time just a brick on my table 🤷‍♂️

I will say this though, some of my favorite games are Japanese games with western themes, most of them survival horror (Resident Evil, The Last of Us, etc).

Let's just hope Sony keeps up it's tradition of striking a balance, regardless of where they relocate "fingers crossed".

4 hours ago, Azdeus said:

So Brothers in Arms, but exclusively urban.

Might be interesting.

This game is looking more and more like a rare day 1  purchase for me :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

I will say this though, some of my favorite games are Japanese games with western themes, most of them survival horror (Resident Evil, The Last of Us, etc).

Let's just hope Sony keeps up it's tradition of striking a balance, regardless of where they relocate "fingers crossed".

Unfortunately it might be to late already, japanese developers are reporting, that Sony is abandoning japanese market, so the their uniqueness is just gone...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mamoulian War said:

Unfortunately it might be to late already, japanese developers are reporting, that Sony is abandoning japanese market, so the Sony’s uniqueness and my only reason to purchase their console is just gone...

Sorry double post, and I am unable to delete the quote from my tablet 😞

Edited by Mamoulian War

Not really news per se, just an interesting video about Bioware and its current situation (and what companies most of the ex-Bioware employees now work for, including a rumoued Kotor remake)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, Gorth said:

Not really news per se, just an interesting video about Bioware and its current situation (and what companies most of the ex-Bioware employees now work for, including a rumoued Kotor remake)

I watched the entire video because I wanted to see if it was another example of more " Bioware Bashing " or a genuine critique based on objective facts and the reality of their games. It was both but overall interesting 

Things I found questionable were  in the beginning he says " BG credited for saving  the RPG genre", really ? I was always under the impression that the 1999's was the heyday of RPG and BG was just another example of an excellent RPG. But I dont want to be fastidious over 1 point he made 

He did keep repeating how many people left Bioware which I found tiresome  and he did put some blame on EA for this. But I am glad that most ex-Bioware employees are now part of 3 companies, I am excited about the Wizards of the Coast company 

And finally its only fair if you want to critique games like ME Andromeda you play the latest updated  version and not base your final assessment on its problematic release. I played Andromeda last year and it was rock solid, I dont think  had 1 bug or crash....seriously not 1 and I used several Mods 

But not a bad video and I learnt some exciting new things like the 3 new development studios  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Things I found questionable were  in the beginning he says " BG credited for saving  the RPG genre", really ? I was always under the impression that the 1999's was the heyday of RPG and BG was just another example of an excellent RPG. But I dont want to be fastidious over 1 point he made

That one, he didn't make up. They are generally credited with reviving the genre of CRPG's at a time where it was more dead than a Norwegian Blue. Every 2 out of 3 games released were some kind of RTS spin off of Blizzards Dune 2 and Warcraft III (the two games that made Blizzard what they are today I think). Long gone was the glory of CRPG's and the memories of SSI's Gold Box Games (Champions of Krynn, Curse of The Azure Bonds etc.), Origins Ultima IV and V etc.

Then suddenly out of the blue came this company that was started by two doctors to make medical applications and proposed yet another RTS "Infinity Wars" (to compete with the 2567 or so other RTS games in circulation at the time) to Interplay. Some clever guy (they had those at Interplay at the time) told the doctors that the RTS market was a few parsecs beyond the point of saturation, but hey, tweak your RTS a bit, add some D&D rule sets, add the option to simulate turn based combat in we can talk.

BG and BG2 ended up selling millions of copies and suddenly CRPG's were hot. Interplay also launched Fallout in the same era, as well as Icewind Dale.

But tl;dr; the CRPG market was stone dead at the time and everybody talked about it as something that would never come back.

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

18 minutes ago, Gorth said:

That one, he didn't make up. They are generally credited with reviving the genre of CRPG's at a time where it was more dead than a Norwegian Blue. Every 2 out of 3 games released were some kind of RTS spin off of Blizzards Dune 2 and Warcraft III (the two games that made Blizzard what they are today I think). Long gone was the glory of CRPG's and the memories of SSI's Gold Box Games (Champions of Krynn, Curse of The Azure Bonds etc.), Origins Ultima IV and V etc.

Then suddenly out of the blue came this company that was started by two doctors to make medical applications and proposed yet another RTS "Infinity Wars" (to compete with the 2567 or so other RTS games in circulation at the time) to Interplay. Some clever guy (they had those at Interplay at the time) told the doctors that the RTS market was a few parsecs beyond the point of saturation, but hey, tweak your RTS a bit, add some D&D rule sets, add the option to simulate turn based combat in we can talk.

BG and BG2 ended up selling millions of copies and suddenly CRPG's were hot. Interplay also launched Fallout in the same era, as well as Icewind Dale.

But tl;dr; the CRPG market was stone dead at the time and everybody talked about it as something that would never come back.

Fair enough, I had started my 10 year break from gaming during that time till 2006 so I didnt play games like BG until much later so I have no real institutional memory of the state of gaming when BG was released

John Milton 

5 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

I disagree that Dragon Age: Origins was one of their best. I would say NWN was the bigger pillar.

they had us in the first half not gonna lie meme origin - YouTube

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Every 2 out of 3 games released were some kind of RTS spin off of Blizzards Dune 2 and Warcraft III

Don't you mean Westwood's Dune? :p

48 minutes ago, Oner said:

Don't you mean Westwood's Dune? :p

Duh, I did. I stand corrected :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Duh, I did. I stand corrected :facepalm:

Gorthfuscious I wonder what that Wizards of the Coast game that  studio is working on? It must be D&D based ?

John Milton 

The only news that matters:

pS41Xmz.jpg

Hello everyone, this is the Troubleshooter development team.

It seems like only yesterday since 2021, but it's already April. Are you all having a good and healthy time?

The development team is currently preparing to update DLC-related missions and convenience functions.

We will do our best to complete the first DLC as soon as possible.

The next update will be on Monday, April 5th.

The update is a little late, but we'll be back with as many improvements and content as we can.

Thank you for always supporting the team.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

20 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Hah, that reminds me, I bought Andromeda for a few bucks and have yet to load it up.

I disagree that Dragon Age: Origins was one of their best. I would say NWN was the bigger pillar.

Did Volo hijacked your account? 😮

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

🎶It's been Volo all along🎶

I must say that  volo and hurlshot do have similar views so that is no surprise, thanks for confirming my suspicions Shady :thumbsup:

John Milton