randoM vidEo gAme News

Amentep

29 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

What an informative  link, I never knew that at all around the origins of the game 

Nice one, I am going to share that with some of my family who work for UK banks and we sometimes joke about things like monopoly and its relevance :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

What !!!! Shady I am shocked you would support a game that is steeped in Capitalist ideology and supports the financial system which leads to  inequality.....how do you sleep at night??

:teehee:

I just hate the RNG. Caverna for life!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MrBrown said:

That's not really that much for big board games these days. Depends on how much stuff there is in it.

I know but that's still a big investment. Video games are an expensive hobby and this thing costs double of what a crispy fresh AAA does, I'm not comfortable with that kind of expense. And that's before I factor in that I'd almost never get to play it.

Gothic remake is underway, and it's developed by a newly formed studio in Barcelona. 

I think Gothic1&2 are games that could really benefit from ground-up remake - when it comes to combat I felt Souls games delivered gameplay wise what Gothic was aiming for back in early 2000s. That said, that's a high bar of quality to expect. I didn't play much of the demo due to my laptop not being able to run it properly, but from what I played and saw, it was pretty awful. I am not having high hopes for this one, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Gothic remake is underway, and it's developed by a newly formed studio in Barcelona. 

I think Gothic1&2 are games that could really benefit from ground-up remake - when it comes to combat I felt Souls games delivered gameplay wise what Gothic was aiming for back in early 2000s. That said, that's a high bar of quality to expect. I didn't play much of the demo due to my laptop not being able to run it properly, but from what I played and saw, it was pretty awful. I am not having high hopes for this one, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Great news, I have played all 4 Gothic games and their various expansions  ( 4 was a disappointment but I did finish it ) and all Risen games and I loved them 

I hope we get new quests or something  new because I remember the narrative of Gothic 1 and I am not sure I will play it again as it would lack excitement :unsure:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Don't agree. Last time I played it (I think a year ago), I still loved the hell out of it.

I checked out the demo of that remake and it was horrid. Unless they changed almost all of it, I will never going to touch it.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

21 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Don't agree. Last time I played it (I think a year ago), I still loved the hell out of it.

I checked out the demo of that remake and it was horrid. Unless they changed almost all of it, I will never going to touch it.

I see what you did there 😛

If you look up "Eurojank Masterpiece" in the dictionary the entry looks like this:

Eurojank Masterpiece noun

1: A video game developed in Europe on a limited budget that has many failings yet is overall vastly superior to similar AAA titles.

Gothic2cover.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

37 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

I don't understand, that isn't a picture of Elex?

Merriam-Webster hasn't bothered updating the entry for a few years.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

That's the smallest German age rating label I've ever seen.

Things were different back then.

I just remembered the day I bought Gothic 1 in a shopping mall. The cashier looked at the box and then at me as if I was buying things made by Satan.

Edited by Lexx
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

30 minutes ago, Lexx said:

I just remembered the day I bought Gothic 1 in a shopping mall. The cashier looked at the box and then at me as if I was buying things made by Satan.

Satan doesn't make Gothic. Satan makes FIFA. :-

• Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I think the loading screens are just the game world that is trying to keep up with the fast travel speed. Basically the world streaming is too slow.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

So the marketing has already started for the next Obsidian Fallout game.

edit: Hope things work out for them and they get a crack at the Dishonored setting.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

14 hours ago, Lexx said:

I also bought it in a shopping mall, God I miss those days!!  Limited internet, not knowing what was out there, and just walking into the game store, picking out a few titles, and enjoying them for what they are.

Also, I thought all the prudes were in the U.S. ?

Age restrictions is a thing in germany. Although the game was rated 12 and I was much older than that at the time. All in all it was just a really weird experience.

15 hours ago, Lexx said:

Yes but sometimes the truth is hard to determine, think about how much you dislike Bethesda games? I think their may be some dark beguilement and sorcery involvement in your "Bethesda Bashing " ... you never know my friend :devil::devil:

John Milton 

16 hours ago, Lexx said:

When Diablo II came out, me and some of my roommates in college went to pick up a copy at (iirc) Target.  My one roommate actually got carded by the cashier to make sure he was 18, since the game was rated M.  Only time I've ever seen that happen.

2 hours ago, MellowYellow said:

I also bought it in a shopping mall, God I miss those days!!  Limited internet, not knowing what was out there, and just walking into the game store, picking out a few titles, and enjoying them for what they are.

Also, I thought all the prudes were in the U.S. ?

easy to be nostalgic

but there are so many different frustration back then

there are almost no patch for games

so little information about anything compare to the overwhelming amount of nonsense of today