randoM vidEo gAme News

Amentep

Back to games people actually care about:

Evil Genius 2 will have Brian Blessed as the voice actor for Red Ivan. According to Rebellion, this means the game is also an official sequel to Flash Gordon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

15 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Oh no. But what about its 10 years plan? 

It may have been misunderstood. Similar to how the German interior ministry said that people misunderstood the Polizei 2020 plan (to modernize police). 2020 was not when it was supposed to be realized, but the planning horizon.

So an Anthem 10 year plan could have meant that latest after 10 years, they would have a plan. They came up with a plan much faster: binning the project.

Edited by melkathi
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I have mixed feelings re: Evil Genius 2.  The only reason I picked up the original was because it was described as being similar to Dungeon Keeper. I didn't really find it to feel all that much like DK but it was kind of fun.  Never finished it tho.  I largely only remember a bug I discovered with the treasure/gold stockpile room/tiles, where if I kept deleting and rebuilding/enlarging them the gold stacks would multiply. Don't remember exactly, it was something like that. So eventually I had massive sized treasure rooms and was rich.   :lol:

Anyway, I definitely want to try the sequel out of curiosity but I wasn't a giant superfan.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They added multiple floors to the secret lair but took out the mid-campaign island change. They say it wasn't fun to have to abandon your base and build a new one from scrap. They aren't wrong. Though the island change did allow for a fresh start knowing what one had done wrong with the first base.

They also mentioned a sandbox mode, without story progression.

A lot of changes sound good though. More importantly, unlike those terrible Dungeons 1-3 and the Startopia knock off, the Evil Genius 2 devs seem to know the original game and be making an actual sequel, not just nick the name to get customers, then get offended when the interested players ask how similar the game will be to the namesake.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Oh no. But what about its 10 years plan? 

That one is already included in the Anthem CURRENT 😛 I mean who would expected something else from EA 10 year live service plan, than to release buggy mess and bank on microtransactions for 10 years, while assigning 2 part-time junior programmers to fix that mess 🤣

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

4 hours ago, melkathi said:

[EG2 trailer]

That's a good ad. I am itching for a good management game. I think I prefer more arcady fun ones. I had a great time with 2 Point Hospital. I tried Zoo Planet recently and once the attractive visuals became mundane I lost a complete interest... and I didn't even finish tutorial yet.

The Two Point Hospital cycle has become pretty depressing. The base game was a solid release with a few glaring inconveniences that have mostly been addressed through patches and is strongly recommended. The DLC, on the other hand, is extremely cynical in that each and every one of them is essentially identical but reskinned: three maps, some [new disease], and [new disease treatment room].

It's sad, when they started out there was grand talk about creating a new world of "Two Point" management sims. Yet not even a peep of anything but this endless rehashed DLC. I'd say it's about on the level of Sims Stuff Packs, though that might be a bit generous.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

The Two Point Hospital cycle has become pretty depressing. The base game was a solid release with a few glaring inconveniences that have mostly been addressed through patches and is strongly recommended. The DLC, on the other hand, is extremely cynical in that each and every one of them is essentially identical but reskinned: three maps, some [new disease], and [new disease treatment room].

Yeah. Not much care for DLCs. That said I don’t think that’s kind of game that can nor should become Prison Architect. Not sure how I would want them to expand it. 

Next update for Troubleshooter apparently coming out in two weeks.

At least that is what I think this means:

"Accordingly, the development team wants to update the next update schedule on March 12th."

42 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Happy days are here again. :)

Great news for this most enjoyable franchise

They must stick to what works and not be too concerned with trying to appeal to everyone like those that expect MP in the DA universe 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, Raithe said:

I care little about either that game series or EA, but still find this good.

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts