randoM vidEo gAme News

Amentep

34 minutes ago, 213374U said:

The fact that BioWare consider that cutting back on the ass effect is worth their time but updating the multiplayer for the remaster isn't is disappointing.

Wonder how much work it is to cut down on the butt shots.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Mass Effect multiplayer modes (was there more than one?) were never good anyways. I played it a bit, but lost interest quickly. Also had loot crates which you could buy with money, so no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

7 hours ago, Malcador said:

From what's been said, it's more been part of them going through and re-positioning the camera for some of the shots, and they were doing that to cover weird things from the FemShep side.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

10 hours ago, Malcador said:

Probably almost nothing. Which is kind of the problem, this smacks of low effort -- but with a $60 price tag.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not overly bothered about them removing butt shots. I think it has more to do with them taking their "artistic vision" a tad too seriously than kowtowing to essjaydubyoos or whatever today's crusade is about. I mean, it always was a juvenile power fantasy, not ****ing Crime and Punishment. I'm simply disappointed that that's the scope they have settled for because under other circumstances I'm the guy you'd sell this product to. Guess not.

And yes, the multiplayer servers are still up and people play it to this day. People are weird and like things.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

1 hour ago, 213374U said:

And yes, the multiplayer servers are still up and people play it to this day. People are weird and like things.

I am surprised, just on EA's side that they haven't turned them off.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, the lobbies and games used a P2P model (which opened up the potential for a lot of cheating but no one really cared because it's co-op). Only the matchmaking and $$$ totals were handled by EA's (or XBL) servers. Calling it matchmaking is being generous too because it amounted to "put this player who just queued up in that game over there with an open slot", and even that would sometimes fail. So the service is nowadays likely run on a calculator in the broom locker, especially with the decreased player load.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

17 hours ago, 213374U said:

Yes, it's been more than a year since I last played, I think. Though I read some dev diary not long ago where they explained that they had rebalanced the whole game aiming to reduce pop totals by ~50% because it was the #1 factor causing lag. That left me with the impression that they simply didn't know how to fix the game properly and had opted simply to downsize the ill-conceived 2.2 pop system, which was also micromanagement hell and broke sector AI (which they still haven't fixed from what I've seen).

It's entirely possible that the game is much better now and I'm simply biased, but even by your own admission, the game can still lag bad near the end. I'll probably get back to it at some point, but I doubt it'll be soon.

Yeah, they're aiming at fixing more with the next bigger patch, which I think you were reading about. Also fixing the sector-auto management AI, include auto-migration between planets, etc.

And yeah I agree, the 2.2 patch was kind of a one step forward, two steps back -case. Most of the problems in the current game stem from it.

I personally only get end game lag when I try something ridiculous, like beating the 25x end game crisis on Huge galaxy, so I'm making fleets worth of 10M fleet power... If you play on smaller galaxies, don't go for ridiculous end-games, and/or have a good comp, the end-game lag should be about non-existent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Miranda butt shots were utter cringe even back in ye olde times, and won't be missed. Retrospectively hilarious how inordinately proud they were of having body scanned Yvonne Strahovski given where Bioware is now- plus cutting the Jack romance for femshep because they were worried about Fox News of all people...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Epic ain't slowing down on exclusives:

Epic helps me to save so much money. It seems it ain't going to change. I just hope they won't grab something I REALLY want to play on day1.

I'm trying to avoid purchasing anything on Epic. Thing is, I don't mind purchasing timed exclusives, but only when it comes to steam. I only want to avoid epic,  not cripple myself. Truth to be told, games epic is after I'm mostly disinterested, although there were few of them I actually had to wait and once exclusivity was over I did bought them.

18 hours ago, Melusina said:

I'm trying to avoid purchasing anything on Epic. Thing is, I don't mind purchasing timed exclusives, but only when it comes to steam. I only want to avoid epic,  not cripple myself. Truth to be told, games epic is after I'm mostly disinterested, although there were few of them I actually had to wait and once exclusivity was over I did bought them.

I bought some games early on (Hades/Journey). I ended up rebuing them on steam due to better controller support. Now I just save myself money and wait for platform wide release.

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1359048125403590660/photo/1

A brave netrunner battles the corpos.

Pretty interesting couple of months for CDPR, I guess.

yeah they really effed up with CP, this is going to haunt them for long time

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

"Kurwa! We're falling behind schedule on these patches... Hey, Wojtek, drop the IT security **** you're doing and help us with this!"

• Haha 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken