randoM vidEo gAme News

Amentep

Old topic:

Last few posts:

13 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Is this really fair ? Did they mislead gamers around the terrible performance on consoles ....arent they going to address this ?

CDPR is an excellent company and I would hate this to lead to them closing down 

I can understand the share price drop but this will recover so basically this is about angry console gamers....not really such a big deal. Its a game after all :shrugz:

3 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

I really don't think they're gonna close down so don't worry.  They just need to not try to make games that shoot for the stars and learn to operate within a more reasonable scope.  That's why I'm looking to From Software and Obsidian with more optimism in the future; they know how to craft very well made games within a well defined and carefully structured playing field.

3 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Microsoft is taking over AAA RPG territory. InXile is working one one as well apparently. Is there even money in it? Unless it’s Skyrim?

EDIT. According to fairly reliable leaker it’s First Person RPG aim UE5. Fallout-like to Obsidian’s ElderScrolls like?

On a definitely positive note, outside Deathloop Arcane is cooking something else. Another immersive sim I would hope, looking at who is involved:

Edited by Wormerine
  • Thanks 2

Sigh, so they purchased the best Isometric Western RPG studios and made them make Skyrim Clones 😞 *sighs* 

sadpanda.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Eh, inXile had made Hunted: The Demon Forge (made with UE3), Mage's Tale and worked on (cancelled) open world game HEIST (which was going to use UE as well) and Obsidian made NWN2, KOTORII, FONV, AP and OW, so neither are just isometric companies.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Maybe not, but isometric games in their portfolio is the pinnacle of their creation. Not to mention, that open world skyrim clones are released all the time, and isometric stuff is ignored, despite having pretty big fanbase... If you choose the correct setting for your game ofc...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Sigh, so they purchased the best Isometric Western RPG studios and made them make Skyrim Clones 😞 *sighs* 

sadpanda.jpg

Games may still be good, right .

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

24 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Games may still be good, right .

Well. I really have issues with these kind of games. I like to spent few weekends playing them, but then the openworldedness became so boring, that I just can't bear myself to finish even the main story... And I say that as a guy who spent getting all battle trophies in  Star Ocean 4 and platinued Final Fantasy Type-0...

All power to you, if you like these kind of games, I am happy for you, but for me, it just does not work :(... I never encountered this kind of issues with any of the isometric games I've played from these two developers *shrugs*

Edited by Mamoulian War

On 1/6/2021 at 6:42 PM, Wormerine said:

Microsoft is taking over AAA RPG territory. InXile is working one one as well apparently. Is there even money in it? Unless it’s Skyrim?

EDIT. According to fairly reliable leaker it’s First Person RPG aim UE5. Fallout-like to Obsidian’s ElderScrolls like?

On a definitely positive note, outside Deathloop Arcane is cooking something else. Another immersive sim I would hope, looking at who is involved:

I've read multiple stories that say inXile's AAA project is a steampunk game, with some people wondering (hoping?) if MS has managed to get its hands on the Arcanum IP.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

I've read multiple stories that say inXile's AAA project is a steampunk game, with some people wondering (hoping?) if MS has managed to get its hands on the Arcanum IP.

I'll be honest, I hope not.

I'm done with AAA "animate dead" of my old favourite games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

30 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Yeah just what we need, people getting their hopes up that Arcanum 2.0 is in the works. 😛

I'm expecting a mediocre Steampunk game from InXile and a great Skyrim competitor from Obsidian.  Sure Avowed won't get the sales of Skyrim, but It'll definitely suit my personal preferences better than Skyrim did, and that's all that really matters.

1 hour ago, kanisatha said:

MS already owns Dishonoured, which is a perfectly good steampunk setting. I doubt they'd even be bothered doing the paperwork to acquire Arcanum as well.

I would guess we will get a Wasteland style game in a steampunk setting. I don't know, I've enjoyed a few of these reboots, unlike Azdeus. Wasteland 2 and 3 were good uses of the Wasteland IP. The Shadowrun games were great. Xcom has been excellent, I enjoyed the new Star Control. I'm happy to have some of these old properties brought back to life.

Could InXile pull off the Arcanum setting? I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, Elerond said:

I would say that it would do good for InXile to create their own setting instead of using existing ones, as it would help them become more their own than ghost of Interplay

I wholeheartedly agree. And to note, the parts in those stories about Arcanum were explicitly stated as being speculation/wishful thinking. And if I were to bet, I would put my money on an original IP.

With respect to future inXile games, though, I personally hope they will consider going back to the Numenera setting and IP and create a new game there that is properly funded and supported.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

I would guess we will get a Wasteland style game in a steampunk setting. I don't know, I've enjoyed a few of these reboots, unlike Azdeus. Wasteland 2 and 3 were good uses of the Wasteland IP. The Shadowrun games were great. Xcom has been excellent, I enjoyed the new Star Control. I'm happy to have some of these old properties brought back to life.

Could InXile pull off the Arcanum setting? I'm not sure.

Those are kickstarters though, and not AAA. Well, maybe not XCOM, but the others were, and as much as I like Fallout New Vegas, I'd rather the franchise rest in peace and not have F3, F4 and F76. And then theres Syndicate, the 2007 Shadowrun.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

6 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

MS already owns Dishonoured, which is a perfectly good steampunk setting. I doubt they'd even be bothered doing the paperwork to acquire Arcanum as well.

Didn't Arkane say they were done with the Dishonored franchise 'cause it didn't sell well? I thought that's why they made 'Dishonored 3' a standalone expansion rather than a full game. 

2 hours ago, majestic said:

You mean the weird shooters nobody wanted? 😮

Yeah, Fallout, Syndicate and Shadowrun. There are probably more that I'm not remembering ontop of my head, I try to not memorize it all lest I become depressed.

59 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Didn't Arkane say they were done with the Dishonored franchise 'cause it didn't sell well? I thought that's why they made 'Dishonored 3' a standalone expansion rather than a full game. 

That was more management at Zenimax than Arkane itself, and their power is either gone completely or massively diminished now that MS owns them. That style of game is what just about everyone at Arkane wants to make and so far MS seems pretty good at allowing studios it owns to do what they want and are good at, within reason.

Considering the MS ownership pyramid that exists now you could get a Dishonoured RPG from InXile, a Thief/ System Shock style game in the Fallout universe from Arkane and Obsidian doing a... Doom RPG maybe?

• Like 1