Complete Main story before I start DLC? or does it not matter?

Hey
I think I am near the end of the game and I have just got the DLC for the outer worlds. I dont know if I should finish the main story then start the DLC or start the DLC and then finish main story. is there advantages or disadvantages to either way? 
Thank you 

Edited by Eddy Watson

• Eddy Watson changed the title to Complete Main story before I start DLC? or does it not matter?
  • 1 month later...
On 12/29/2020 at 6:00 AM, Eddy Watson said:

Hey
I think I am near the end of the game and I have just got the DLC for the outer worlds. I dont know if I should finish the main story then start the DLC or start the DLC and then finish main story. is there advantages or disadvantages to either way? 
Thank you 

Sorry if this response is late. If you have not yet finished the main questline, I would highly suggest doing the dlc before completeing the game.

TOW plays out much like Fallout NV did. Once the main quest is completed, that's the end, there's no playing beyond that.

Another option would be if your nearing the end but have not yet hit the point of no return, do a manual save, complete the game, then reload the save.