Politics... US election edition (2020 almost over, read all about it!)

Gorth

29 minutes ago, rjshae said:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/seattle-police-chief-to-resign-following-department-cuts/

Is this post accurate in your opinion, according to this BLM they expecting  50 % of the police cut

This is beyond a  ridiculous suggestion but more importantly is Seattle that bad with police unlawful killings and police corruption

I have never been to your state but for visitors each state in the USA is like a different country and each I find really has its own culture and certain ways......its an amazing holiday experience and when anyone asks me what states they should visit I tell them " I have only been to 12 states but on single trip allocate 4 days to each state because you dont rush through and chose your 3 x states in advance "

Anyway this is my connection to Washington state which I plan to visit 

Yes I have  watched " Sleepless in Seattle " about 6 times and it showcases the city nicely

I use to work for Microsoft SA and everyone use to talk about the Redmond campus. Microsoft is very good at sending staff to  the campus but I missed the incentive....but it looks amazing 

7 years ago I was flying back from USA and while I waiting for the toilet I met this beautiful and vivacious lady from Seattle who was going to work in SA through a church NGO and  she was  a dentist and she was going to work for free in a rural black village and provide dentistry.  I was blown away by this gesture because even white people in SA wont generally do this its not because its dangerous but these types of villages are very rural and they have no hospitals so its not worth it. But the Church NGO was able to provide this amazing initiative and I was so humbled

I fell in love with her and we saw each for about 5-6 weeks but she was working in a different province and she met a doctor from the same NGO and they started dating which was such nice outcome for her because she deserved to be happy

Anyway I have met anyone like her, she was so unconcerned with working in a city and just wanted to help people who had no healthcare ....so well done Seattle  :teehee:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/seattle-police-chief-to-resign-following-department-cuts/

Is this post accurate in your opinion, according to this BLM they expecting  50 % of the police cut

This is beyond a  ridiculous suggestion but more importantly is Seattle that bad with police unlawful killings and police corruption

I suspect there's some political pragmatism at work. They'll claim they are targeting 50%, then stall by cutting 5%, primarily to address economic difficulties. But the damage to the city's image is done. Violent crime is up in the city this year, but then it's up everywhere. The bigger concern is the large numbers of camping homeless, who everybody is thoroughly tired of. There doesn't seem to be much to be done about that though.

• Thanks 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

stuff

am thinking bruce should at least reconsider using an unprecedented attack on the US Capitol by trump supporters, including individuals now identified as being white supremacists and diehard qanon members, as a transparent excuse to resurrect his equine necrosis gripe 'bout how individual municipalities and cities handled their protests this summer. 

the alt-right and denialist trump supporters is using a tactic from the putin/ussr playbook to distract as they grab for issues meant to change the topic from the lurid events o' the day.  am not believing bruce self identifies with such corrosive elements, but he is nevertheless engaged in tactics of evasion and misdirection. 

bruce may discuss whatever he wants, but am thinking he should at least reflect on what his dogged pursuit o' the summer protest topic says 'bout him given the events o' January 6. 

if the story o' the day were 'bout how a young woman walking home from church was brutal murdered by white supremacist and you saw a fellow poster trying to change subject to just how many people are killed by non-whites each year, you would recognize such as transparent and offensive distraction, no? 

there is individuals on this board who reflexive indulge in whataboutism and they are hopeless. am not thinking bruce is hopeless. take a moment and reflect. there is a time and place for discussing the summer protests. you had plenty o' opportunities to debate blm protests during the summer and you will have many chances to do so in the future, but genuine consider if you wanna be lumped in with the kinda folks who is trying to distract from the events o' January 6. 

is your choice.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

14 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

am thinking bruce should at least reconsider using an unprecedented attack on the US Capitol by trump supporters, including individuals now identified as being white supremacists and diehard qanon members, as a transparent excuse to resurrect his equine necrosis gripe 'bout how individual municipalities and cities handled their protests this summer. 

the alt-right and denialist trump supporters is using a tactic from the putin/ussr playbook to distract as they grab for issues meant to change the topic from the lurid events o' the day.  am not believing bruce self identifies with such corrosive elements, but he is nevertheless engaged in tactics of evasion and misdirection. 

bruce may discuss whatever he wants, but am thinking he should at least reflect on what his dogged pursuit o' the summer protest topic says 'bout him given the events o' January 6. 

if the story o' the day were 'bout how a young woman walking home from church was brutal murdered by white supremacist and you saw a fellow poster trying to change subject to just how many people are killed by non-whites each year, you would recognize such as transparent and offensive distraction, no? 

there is individuals on this board who reflexive indulge in whataboutism and they are hopeless. am not thinking bruce is hopeless. take a moment and reflect. there is a time and place for discussing the summer protests. you had plenty o' opportunities to debate blm protests during the summer and you will have many chances to do so in the future, but genuine consider if you wanna be lumped in with the kinda folks who is trying to distract from the events o' January 6. 

is your choice.

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir dont worry, I can  "walk and chew " at the same time

But I agree, I will take this topic up with Rjshae later as I dont want to create an unnecessary distraction from the Capitol attack

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, rjshae said:

I suspect there's some political pragmatism at work. They'll claim they are targeting 50%, then stall by cutting 5%, primarily to address economic difficulties. But the damage to the city's image is done. Violent crime is up in the city this year, but then it's up everywhere. The bigger concern is the large numbers of camping homeless, who everybody is thoroughly tired of. There doesn't seem to be much to be done about that though.

Lets chat later about this because Gromnirs right. Its doesn't seem appropriate to focus on BLM now 8)

• Like 1

John Milton 

Patriot Act 2, Censorship, And Other Notes From The Edge Of The Narrative Matrix - Caitlin’s Newsletter (substack.com)

Patriot Act 2.0 will be rolled out with a lot of mindless bleating about white supremacists and fighting fascism and the actual policies and laws put into place will have virtually nothing to do with any of those things. It will be geared at preventing the revolutionary changes that need to be pushed for via grassroots activism in the United States.

The US government is the most evil and destructive force in the world. Not Trump. The US government. This will not change in any meaningful way when Trump leaves. Massive amounts of manipulation have been poured into keeping you from seeing this.

Here's how politicians, media and government could eliminate conspiracy theories if they really want to:

1. Stop lying all the time
  2. Stop killing people
  3. Stop promoting conspiracy theories (eg Russiagate)
  4. Stop doing evil things in secret
  5. End government opacity
  6. Stop conspiring

People tend to be quick to pull the trigger, with little regard to repercussions.

Edited by ComradeMaster
  • Haha 1

Yesterday a friend here in Greece said:

"Yes, but Biden is an alleged pedophile."

To which his wife replied: "He is???"

"Well, he has never been convicted, but would he be? You do read it a lot online though."

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

24 minutes ago, melkathi said:

For some reason, I can't find anything when I search for Biden with any of these characters. Huh, weird.

Spoiler

GettyImages-1192977790.jpg

Trump-Epstein-Four.jpeg

09dc-trumpspstein1-videoSixteenByNineJum

Melania-Trump-Donald-Trump-Ghislaine-Max

paris-hilton-donald-trump-ghislaine-maxw

trump-ghislaine-maxwell-2.jpg

epstein_trump.jpg

trump-and-ghislaine-02.jpg

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

At some point we went from nothing on the web being true to everything on the web being true. Neither is completely correct but the former is much closer to the truth and certainly the wiser assumption. 

Sometimes I wonder if the world was better off without the internet. Knowledge was both earned and valued back then. Conspiracy theories didn't proliferate and  nut jobs were convinced only THEY knew the truth because they couldn't network.  It's been a boon no doubt but sometimes I wonder if it's a net loss. 

No pun intended. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Sometimes I wonder if the world was better off without the internet. Knowledge was both earned and valued back then.

Supply and demand. When supply is high, value is low.

Not saying we should burn books so that people care about them again, but I share your sentiment.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

You know it takes away from the joke if you have to explain it?

Right. But at the same time you cannot take something away if nothing was there in the first place.

• Hmmm 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

For some reason, I can't find anything when I search for Biden with any of these characters. Huh, weird.

Reveal hidden contents

GettyImages-1192977790.jpg

Trump-Epstein-Four.jpeg

09dc-trumpspstein1-videoSixteenByNineJum

Melania-Trump-Donald-Trump-Ghislaine-Max

paris-hilton-donald-trump-ghislaine-maxw

trump-ghislaine-maxwell-2.jpg

epstein_trump.jpg

trump-and-ghislaine-02.jpg

That's antifa pretending to be Trump.

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

At some point we went from nothing on the web being true to everything on the web being true. Neither is completely correct but the former is much closer to the truth and certainly the wiser assumption. 

Sometimes I wonder if the world was better off without the internet. Knowledge was both earned and valued back then. Conspiracy theories didn't proliferate and  nut jobs were convinced only THEY knew the truth because they couldn't network.  It's been a boon no doubt but sometimes I wonder if it's a net loss. 

No pun intended. 

Conspiracy theories did proliferate (obviously not with the reach they do today) and nutjobs were networking long before either the wide adoption of the internet or it's initial development. For instance The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, one of the most enduring tracts influencing antisemitic conspiracys, was fabricated (for any dip****s lurking who may believe it to be authentic) and published in 1903 by a Russian nationalist group and made it to the US around 15 years later when one edition was edited to replace "jews" with "bolshevik" and another was put out by Henry Ford to discuss "the dangers of the international jew". 

• Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I was thinking about an aspect of the Capitol riots yesterday: we supposedly have non-lethal area weapons based on ultrasonic and microwave technology. Why hadn't those been previously deployed to the roof of the building, just in case? Did they just not expect this eventuality?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

42 minutes ago, rjshae said:

I was thinking about an aspect of the Capitol riots yesterday: we supposedly have non-lethal area weapons based on ultrasonic and microwave technology. Why hadn't those been previously deployed to the roof of the building, just in case? Did they just not expect this eventuality?

They didn't even have enough riot cops on hand, think the incompetence is too much for them to have fancier tech deployed.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

58 minutes ago, rjshae said:

I cannot imagine anything about weaponized microwave being non-lethal. I also can’t imagine it being immediately fatal. If you want to kill a man in eight hours to 20 years that would be one way to do it. The majority of my career had been RF electronics until recently. The only people I’ve ever heard of that were actually killed by microwave energy were in Alaska in 1990s. Two guys got lost in the woods near the Bering Sea and broke into a TPN70 Radar ray dome that was part of the PAVE PAWs early warning system. They fell asleep in there and never woke up. But it took hours of continuous  exposure to a 60MW S Band transmitter to be lethal. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

There are microwave based, non lethal weapons that make you feel as if your skin is burning but will cause no serious harm when used responsibly and under normal conditions. Maybe it's not so easy to provide responsibility and/or normal conditions - no idea. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods