Politics... US election edition (2020 almost over, read all about it!)

Gorth

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

18 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Also, that tattoo looks like the Mark of the Outsider from DIshonored (what was someone saying about neckbeards earlier? :P)

It supposedly is confirmed elsewhere to BE the Mark of the Outsider from Dishonored.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This just hit me: The Trojan Horse scam - that simple trick possibly used like 3,000 yrs ago - it would work for any foreign power trying to storm Capitol Hill. Simply dress up as trumpists and wrap yourself in American and Confederate flags and bumble right in. Most likely, the guards won't make a serious effort stopping you.

I still can't believe it was this easy and on a day like that, with all of the warnings and info already out there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

This might be the most appropriate meme for today

image.thumb.jpeg.754d73fa97f94d368b491639de8b0e8c.jpeg

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

36 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Hell yeah, we have wars to fight! But dont worry gentle soul, we just printed up 2T in one year for "stimulus" so its all good around here. 👍

Uh...

Do you pay taxes?

That stimulus money wasn't some magical gift from the money printer. It was a percentage of money I already gave to them. A rather small percentage.

8 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Uh...

Do you pay taxes?

That stimulus money wasn't some magical gift from the money printer. It was a percentage of money I already gave to them. A rather small percentage.

That's been gfted1's point regarding the 'magic money' proposals (guaranteed basic income, guaranteed college education, etc.) all along, as far as I know.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Times we live in, can get multiple camera angles of everything. 

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I heard one of the rioters was a Texas lawyer. His boss saw his picture on the Internet and fired him. You can’t even break into the capital and get away with it these days!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

7 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I heard one of the rioters was a Texas lawyer. His boss saw his picture on the Internet and fired him. You can’t even break into the capital and get away with it these days!

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/article248339210.html

Antifa are the real Illuminati

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well look at Jon Schaffer right in the middle of the charge:

jon-schaffer_capitol_trump-supporter_get

Kay, so given the lyrics of A Glorious Burden this isn't much of a surprise, but still, I mean, come on. Guess he figured he won't be touring for a while anyway. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Say what you will about the MAGA marauders, but it really takes dedication to keep up the anti-mask stance to the point of publicly broadcasting their identity as they commit crimes that could land them in prison for decades.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

8 minutes ago, KaineParker said:

Say what you will about the MAGA marauders, but it really takes new levels of delusional to keep up the anti-mask stance to the point of publicly broadcasting their identity as they commit crimes that could land them in prison for decades.

Or rather... ^

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***