Politics... US election edition (2020 almost over, read all about it!)

Gorth

59 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

So we are getting our $600 I guess? Or we might get more? I don't know, this is a mess. 

By the time they're done, you'll get a $50 voucher for rent and a coupon for a peanut butter snickers with a purchase of at least $10 or more.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

7 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

But I am allergic to peanuts! 😭

Too bad, you should have made better life choices when you were conceived. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

But I am allergic to peanuts! 😭

But... but... how can you be a real American if you can't eat peanut butter? 😔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

So we are getting our $600 I guess? Or we might get more? I don't know, this is a mess. 

I have to question whether that will even serve it's original intended use as an economic stimulus. The more important aspect of the bill for many is the extension of the unemployment benefits.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

8 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

And this should apply to everybody not only US citizens. Every person around the world should get it from US government 😜

😂 That sounds like a plan! In the moment we do it I am re-cashing out and retiring. No income equals no taxes.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

7 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Well, no income tax at least. 

we were thinking same thing as we reflected 'pon our recent paid property tax bill(s). am knowing ca is relative reasonable for property taxes, but doesn't feel reasonable when am writing a check with so many digits.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

the wacky aspect o' this is not trump's efforts to influence an election official, but the predictable inability o' most trumpers to see anything wrong 'bout the audio.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/532407-gohmert-talks-of-violence-in-streets-after-his-lawsuit-is-dismissed

I look forward to those who were pearl clutching about antifa and BLM to condemn their friend Louie.

(e): Just noticed Gromnir posted this already, so consider this a reply to his post:

The description says "blackmail", but I listened to all of it and didn't really hear anything that could qualify as blackmail (there are no threats or really anything he's holding over the Georgian Secretary of State), so I think that's a little sensationalist, but it was still amusing listening to Trump's pathetic and corrupt pleas.
Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

the wacky aspect o' this is not trump's efforts to influence an election official, but the predictable inability o' most trumpers to see anything wrong 'bout the audio.

HA! Good Fun!

I haven't checked this topic in a while, but I came here when I found out about this. How sad is it that people who support him won't understand or accept it?

sign.jpg

1 hour ago, HoonDing said:

I can't stand Drump's whiny voice for more than five seconds.

CIA now has a new enhanced interrogation technique.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

39 minutes ago, Malcador said:

CIA now has a new enhanced interrogation technique.

HA! Good Fun!

On 12/29/2020 at 7:18 PM, Gromnir said:

we were thinking same thing as we reflected 'pon our recent paid property tax bill(s). am knowing ca is relative reasonable for property taxes, but doesn't feel reasonable when am writing a check with so many digits.

HA! Good Fun!

Two words my friend: agricultural exemption. Collectively I own over 300 acres all told and pay about $2k per year in property tax. And my state has no income tax. All my lessee's ask is that I keep the fences fixed and the roads graded,  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thomas Sowell

9 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

breaking news: video o' raffensperger responding to trump's conspiracy laden doggerel aimed at changing certified election results.

Spoiler

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 2

Three days to go. Either that loser DJT will get kicked to the curb or we'll have a Republican overthrow of our Democracy. I'm guessing the Pubs will do just enough to avoid the latter.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."