I'm starting my adventure with PoE and i want my first character to be Dual wielding/Melee/DPS Human Fighter. I read build "Glass Tsunami" from Braven and Lady of Pain (Glass of Pain) but first one seems too squishy for begining and second one is for two handed weapon. So I put them together and came to something like this:

Stats:
MIG: 20 / 27 (18 base, +1 Human, +1 The Living Lands, +1 Gift from the Machine, +1 Effigy's Resentment, +1 Galawain's Boon, +4 Maegfolc Skull)
CON: 8
DEX: 17 / 20 (+3 Ring of Thorns)
PER: 14 / 16 (+1 Mental Prowess, +1 Song of the Heavens)
INT: 12 / 20 (+1 Mental Prowess, +4 Gwyn's Band of Union, +3 Caed Nua resting bonus)
RES: 7 / 8 (+1 Mental Prowess)

Weapon set 1: Bittercut x2 ?
Weapon Set 2: ??
Head:  Maegfolc Skull
Neck:  Cloak of the Tireless Defender
Body:  Sanguine Plate
Hands: Gauntlet's of Accuracy
Ring:  Gwyn's Band of Union
Ring:  Ring of Thorns
Boots: Boots of Speed
Belt:  Belt of Bountiful Healing

Talents:
Two-weapon Fighting
Weapon Focus
Weapon Mastery
Vulnerable Attack
Rapid Recovery
Bonus Knock Down
Savage Attack
Apprentice's Sneak Attack

Abilities:
Constant Recovery
Knock Down
Disciplined Barrage
Confident Aim / Vigorous Defense (Solo)
Weapon Specialization
Armored Grace
Critical Defense / Unbroken (Solo)
Charge
Triggered Immunity

The main question is about stats and abilities/talents. Should i swap PER and INT? And wchih abilities and talents should i pick first? What about weapons is there some enemy that will be immune to slashing damage so second weapon should be hammer or ranged, or the enchantment will get this done? Is sanguine plate not worth it without Shod-in-Faith boots?

If you are going for bittercut, you really want to get in Spirit of Decay. It will work with base damage as well so Bittercut + Corrode lash + Spirit of Decat is really good

Are you planning to run it solo? Not sure it is a great idea for first character.

I'd probably skipped Savage attack as most of time you will want to have vulnerable attack on.

You know, I highly doubt you, as a new player, will be able to get Mental Prowless in a time it will matter so I personally wouldn't count it. ALso what exactly are you planning to use your int on? just knockdowns? Or you planning to also use scrolls? Also did you post your talents and abilities in order you will get them or just mostly random?

Thanks for reply i will go with team, i think Me (fighter) + Paladin (tank) + Wizard (Aoe) + Priest(support), i prefer 4 people team to maintain good exp and not much micro. I plan to use my int to reduce healing ability coldown like Constant/Rapid Recovery i read that int affect it, thats why i have low con. I dont know if 12 INT at start is good or should i go for 15 int and 11 PER later on 20/16 as well to better maintain healing. I post talents and ability in order i will get them but  as i'm new to the game so i am open for sugestion in here.

EDIT: As for mental power i know it will come late but i don't think it change much as it gives only 1 point to 2 relevant stats and 1 redundant.

Edited by Bobnoob

It affect it duration yes. However at basic level(10 int) it lasts 45 seconds already which isn't exactly short time for most of fights

I think your priest or wizard or even paladin will make better use of that ring

Edited by Desmodeus

Iirc Savage Attack and Vulnerable Attack can be active at the same time - but I'm not 100% sure anymore.

Confident Aim has that 20% bonus to min damage - which essentially is a 8% dmg increase. Doesn't sound like much (besides the hit conversion which is good) - but it's a small hidden gem because it raises your min BASE damage. So it's actually a 8% multiplicative dmg bonus.   

I would drop Gauntlets of Accuracy as soon as I got Gauntlets of Swift Action. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

21 hours ago, Desmodeus said:

I think your priest or wizard or even paladin will make better use of that ring

I could always drop Gwyn's Band of Union for some other ring if i felt that i have good amount of int without it (for Pensiavi mes Rèi probably).

13 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I would drop Gauntlets of Accuracy as soon as I got Gauntlets of Swift Action. 

Good point Gauntlets of Swift Action would be better here.

22 hours ago, Desmodeus said:

If you are going for bittercut, you really want to get in Spirit of Decay. It will work with base damage as well so Bittercut + Corrode lash + Spirit of Decat is really good

How much modifiers/enchantments could i have on it? I was thinking about Corrosive Lash + Durgan Reinforced.

Any tips on which talent and abilities should i choose first or in what order should i take it?

• Hmmm 1

Durgan enchantment does not take slots. So you can make it legendary+Corrosive Lash. Spirit of decay is talent so it does not take slots on weapon

Depend on difficulty. On PotD I'd advised to start with weapon focus just so have easier time to hit targets(and not to rage in a fight with a single bandit prior to Guilded Veil) then get vulnerable attack to break through DR after which I'd get two weapon fighting to offset Vulnerable attack penalty. On easy-normal it doesn't matter that much though.

For your second weapon slot I think I'd adviced having dual stilletos. Sure, you already has two damage on main weapon setup but Azureith's Stiletto and Bleak Fang has very fun "on crit" spells that works once per encounter.