Switches to Unlock Underwater Lab Door do not Trigger

I have completed the "explore the depths" task before and was excited to see the progress lost. It was clear to see more has been added to the underwater lab. I am still able to enter through the other doors but the area only goes so far before a locked door or the portion is still flooded. When I went to go back to the main entrance the door was locked. I had gone to the switches to unlock the door where the ui had shown an image to rotate the switch but no key binding to act on it. I am using pc so I used the standard "e" to interact but nothing had happened. The same issue was prevalent for my friend that was playing multiplayer with me on XBox. I proceeded to hit the switch with a spear which I knew it was  silly but thought it could have potentially been swapped out for a physics based solution. The most probable cause is that this is a regression error which should be a quick fix. This bug occurred on 12/16/2020. 

• Thanks 1

I had the same issue. The path to unlock is now a little different but the process is the same. 

I was able to use the switches after rebooting my game save. Then I was able to interact with the switches. Don't know what prompted it but it worked. 

I will have to try reloading the game save because I'm running into the same issues with the switches. (Multiplayer game on Xbox Series X on 12/16/2020).

Update (12/18/2020): Reloading the save file worked. Was able to activate switches and gain access to underwater lab. Still tons of doors mysteriously locked.

Edited by EnigmaticManiac

19 hours ago, Djinn56 said:

Did you hit the power switch in that flooded area of the lab you can get to? Since the update you have to hit that switch to enable the three underwater switches to get into the main lab.

Thanks @Djinn56. I did need to flip the breaker in the side tunnel with the flooded entrance to access the switches.

There are 3 steps to solve the new puzzle since the update. You have to enter the first accessible section and flip a breaker switch. After that you can turn the 3 dials (one is in a broken off section of the lab and difficult to reach without maximum air). Then you need to  get into the section of the lab with a computer (you can see it through a glass wall) to open the rest of the closed off doors.  The pathway to this section is tricky.

You have to go down the flooded side tunnel (save first & take a lantern or two). There's a room with a hole in the floor - go down there and look around carefully and you will see an area that you can cross to get into a second tunnel. It's somewhat confusing and hard to spot because you can get all turned around with the floating furniture.