Are the forum/game discussions occurring elsewhere?

Tencatta

Had to ask, most of these forums feel like there's cobwebs covering them - is there some other forum or Discord where the actual discussions are taking place?

Even the Paradox forums (not the best) still feel more active.

Yeah, I know, whine whine whine. But still, a serious question.

Are you looking for discussions re: specific Obs games? I'd guess most people don't feel like there's much to still be discussed since they're largely long past release dates and there also haven't been any big announcements recently. 

Generally speaking I don't think (specific) game forums tend to stay very active past 3-6 months after release, these days, whether it's here, Steam forums, GoG forums, reddit groups, gamefaq's, or whatever.  Cyberpunk is being talked about in the general C&C threads because it's a big anticipated current release - and in a week or three it'll mostly be another footnote, probably, until some DLC, maybe. 

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It comes and goes like the tides. As soon as there's some new info about Avowed or Josh's current (smallish) project there will be more traffic. I remember when Deadfire got released it was so much I almost got overwhelmed. Only lasted a few weeks though.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

11 hours ago, EveryThorn said:

The other games shipped a long time ago, not much active except technical issues/bug reports.

Yes, that was my point.

Cyberpunkt is not an Obsidian game, is discussed en large everywhere right now and thus an exception imo. Usually "foreign" games don't produce a ton of discussion in therese forum (besides the really big ones like Witchter and now CP). And even with CP it's only that one big/hot thread afaik.

Funnily enough the Deadfire subforums saw quite enough traffic even a month ago (I mean for a game with rel. low sales numbers and well after Obs support ended). I guess part of that was caused by the console releases. Now suddenly it's all kind of dormant - but I suspect that's because all the frequzent posters are playing/discussing Cypberpunk right now. 

And indeed I have not checked the Cyberpunk thread because that game sparks zero interest in me. Therefore I guess it's better to not waste my attention and energy there because surely (as with all things that get discussed heatedly) there will be so many dumb takes that I would suffer 134d20 psychic damage from reading it.

So what I just wanted to say is that these forums are never truly dead - it's more like hibernation really. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 12/18/2020 at 12:54 PM, Hurlshot said:

Yep, we only talk about Cyberpunk here. Luckily it took 17 years to develop the game, so we've all had a good run discussing it. Other games are not allowed.

This is fair - also, this response made me laugh out loud, so thanks for that.

• Like 1