Patience and Potential

Katakinetic

Hi Dev Team!

I just want to say I'm big fan! I loved Outerworlds, New Vegas, and I just beat Pillars of Eternity with plans on beating POE2 soon.  Thanks for the tons of hours of fun exploration of rich and beautiful universes. I felt like as a fan I wanted to tell y'all my thoughts on the next game.

The lore and stories of POE feel so fleshed out and it seems like there's a ton of content for y'all to draw from when making this. I'm sure as creative people that is super exciting and that gives y'all a lot of wiggle room to experiment with story telling and character development. Needless to say I am very excited for the release of this game(I think I'm going to make a cipher :P). With that said though this game is gonna get a huge amount of attention, as it's directly competing with Skyrim, so I want you all to take it easy on yourselves. Make something that you love and I think fans like me will love it too. I think y'all have the potential to make something as big as Halo 1 or GTA San Andreas (I know these are extremely high bars). Rome wasn't built in a day. I think y'all are talented and capable enough to make something that big(again no pressure just have fun making it ^_^, fun is after all the point hah).

Most importantly though, take as much time as you think you'll need to make it good. Part of our society wants things fast, but another part of society lauds things that are executed well! Those two things are constantly in contention and I think it gives a lot of people grief. So my wish is for y'all to enjoy life and enjoy making this game because it looks like it's gonna be awesome!

Thank You!
Alex

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katakinetic said:

Part of our society wants things fast, but another part of society lauds things that are executed well! Those two things are constantly in contention and I think it gives a lot of people grief. 

😆 I think it will be more up to Microsoft, as to how long they will want to pay for Avowed’s development, and when they want semi-exclusive content for their consoles. Hopefully, they will learn a lesson from Sony, and invest in prestige platform sellers, rather then try to cash in quickly. 

So it doesn’t seem like we will be playing Avowed anytime soon. We don’t even quite know what it is.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It's been months and months since that trailer. Has there been any more news at all for this game?  Has covid had any delay impact?

I'm guessing not until maybe 2022 or 2023?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts