Coronavirus Goes Fourth

Amentep

Over here there has been a massive influx of "foreigners" from the neighboring countries, who traveled to get vaccinated. They all got the AZ vaccine. Don't know if that is because it's the most stocked vaccine we have, or because no one wants to get it here, but people still take it.

Also while the Sinofarm vaccine may be one of the least effective it's still pretty popular because people think it's the safest and it's looking like there could be a third dose for it to improve the efficiency too.

• Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

29 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Over here there has been a massive influx of "foreigners" from the neighboring countries, who traveled to get vaccinated. They all got the AZ vaccine. Don't know if that is because it's the most stocked vaccine we have, or because no one wants to get it here, but people still take it.

Also while the Sinofarm vaccine may be one of the least effective it's still pretty popular because people think it's the safest and it's looking like there could be a third dose for it to improve the efficiency too.

I would also take AZ if it was available, the small number of negative stories you hear about would not deter me from taking AZ as its a good vaccine that millions of people have successfully taken with no negative impact

Im not yet convinced about the efficacy of the Sinofarm vaccines, I would use them if nothing else was available  but when only 170 million Chinese people have been vaccinated by their own vaccines it worries me

https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/china-approves-sinopharm-s-new-coronavirus-vaccine-for-clinical-trials-121041100291_1.html

Sarex dont allow Serbia to become a guinea  pig  for untested  Chinese vaccines....you know who to blame if you  suddenly grow a third eye ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If they really want to boost sinopharm's effectiveness they'd have to mix and match it with a different vaccine. Extra doses of the same one won't have much added effect.

In terms of side effects the number of medications more likely to kill you than the AZ vaccine is... extensive, and includes for example pretty much every antibiotic in existence. And of course covid itself is far more dangerous taking it if it's available is a real no brainer unless you're somewhere you won't get covid.

I just took what they gave me, I didn't even know how many different microchips vaccines there were, nor which one I would receive until the needle had already been in my arm and the CDC card was in my hand. I had no idea there were this many different variants.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Zoraptor said:

If they really want to boost sinopharm's effectiveness they'd have to mix and match it with a different vaccine. Extra doses of the same one won't have much added effect.

In terms of side effects the number of medications more likely to kill you than the AZ vaccine is... extensive, and includes for example pretty much every antibiotic in existence. And of course covid itself is far more dangerous taking it if it's available is a real no brainer unless you're somewhere you won't get covid.

They just want to extend the effects.

As I said, the story going around is that the Sinofarm vaccine is using a deactivated virus which is a proven technology, so less chances of things going wrong.

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

I just took what they gave me, I didn't even know how many different microchips vaccines there were, nor which one I would receive until the needle had already been in my arm and the CDC card was in my hand. I had no idea there were this many different variants.

If you make an appointment you get to chose the vaccine over here and I'm pretty sure we have most of them available.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

after obsessive checking for vaccine appointment availability w/i a 30 mi radius since we became eligible on april 1, we managed to get an appointment on monday at 10:45 am at literal the closest possible vaccination site. the appointment became available late sunday afternoon. 

moderna.

second shot will be may 10.

we were warned of possible side effects, but most common 'ccording to the health care professional administering the shot would be injection sight discomfort and/or next day fatigue. no side effects worth noting so far.

we were a bit early for our vaccination, but we didn't have anybody waiting immediate before or after us to receive the shot, so am not certain if folks hadn't shown for their scheduled appointment or if there were some other explanation for the lack o' any kinda que. from what we could tell, the appointments were being staggered fifteen minutes apart. based on when we arrived and the time it took to administer the shot, we woulda' expected to have seen at least either the previous or subsequent vaccine candidates, but such were not the case.

HA! Good Fun!

ps have not gotten a haircut since late last february. we learned that Gromnir's hair grows kinda quick as we went from high and tight using #2 clippers side and back, blended in on top, to having our hair ~2" past shoulder length.  is kinda silly, but am much looking forward to full vaccination so we may get rid o' our excess hair.

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)