Coronavirus Goes Fourth

Amentep

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/blue-states-lead-us-covid-resurgence-double-mutant-strains-discovered-california

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-05/covid-mutants-multiply-as-scientists-race-to-decode-variations

Soon we will get an answer, how successful vaccinations are, when dealing with spreading mutations of the virus. 

Edited by Darkpriest

To prevent spreading full vaccination rate should be over 70% of population and even Israel which is closest to reach it, is still couple months away from reaching it. Also as majority of world population is not vaccinated and there is lots of talk about summer tourism, we probably will see multiple new waves all over the world until we reach point where we have seasonal vaccination in global scale to give us some sort of peace

• Sad 1

Yes, the tail end of the vaccination program will be the most difficult since those are the people who are reluctant to get vaccinated. We may never reach 70% unless there's a strong inducement.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

44 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I'm getting the microchip vaccine Thursday.

Lucky bastard.

Meanwhile the Swedish Reichstag is considering to extend the emergency pandfemic laws until 2022. Feels guuuud.

Goddammit, I wish I could move off the grid. /envious of @Guard Dog

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm now eligible for the vaccine but no place in 25 miles has had any openings. I want to request that they put each one in a different syringe then tape them all together and then stab me with all of them at once. Seems like a reasonable request. I also have a very "My Secret Identity" type of problem in that I'm afraid that the needle will break on contact with my skin. Crazy people problems.

• Haha 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I got my microchip vaccine. Just 1 shot and apparently I don't need a second. It's the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) variant.

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

21 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I got my microchip vaccine. Just 1 shot and apparently I don't need a second. It's the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) variant.

That will be the same vaccine most of us in SA will take because that is what the local pharmaceutical company will be producing...keep up updated around any unlikely side effects 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

52 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

That will be the same vaccine most of us in SA will take because that is what the local pharmaceutical company will be producing...keep up updated around any unlikely side effects 

I got the vaccine just after 10 am yesterday. I felt perfectly normal, save for the occasional tiny bit of discomfort where they stuck my arm, for most of the day. Around 6 or 7 pm I got a headache and felt really worn out. That's how I still feel today. Thankfully, I don't have to do anything today, I can just veg out.

• Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

15 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I got the vaccine just after 10 am yesterday. I felt perfectly normal, save for the occasional tiny bit of discomfort where they stuck my arm, for most of the day. Around 6 or 7 pm I got a headache and felt really worn out. That's how I still feel today. Thankfully, I don't have to do anything today, I can just veg out.

That sounds like the normal temporary symptoms many people go through after getting a vaccine so nothing to worry about IMO 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Felt like I got smacked with a crowbar in my arm for a couple of days afterwards, but then it was suddenly completely gone afterwards. I hear that the second one, which I've yet to get (couple more weeks), is usually a lot worse.

• Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:45 PM, Hurlsnot said:

Texas is also not a densely populated state. 

The major cities are. Of course, most people here are still masked in public and most businesses still have signs up requiring masks for entry so :shrugz:

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Felt like I got smacked with a crowbar in my arm for a couple of days afterwards, but then it was suddenly completely gone afterwards. I hear that the second one, which I've yet to get (couple more weeks), is usually a lot worse.

I'm already starting to feel a lot better. I popped a couple ibuprofen this morning and the headache is mostly gone, plus I got some of my energy back. I think I lucked out getting the 1-shot Janssen vaccine. I didn't know that's the one they would give me, that's just what they had.

My dad got a 2-shot vaccine (I don't know what kind or if there are multiple 2-shot variants), he was mostly fine after the first shot and had a really sore arm after the second for a couple days.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I got my first dose yesterday (Moderna) and my wife gets her first dose today. It was a total nothingburger. Theyre giving out doses around here like unregistered handguns and it was ridiculously easy to get an appointment. I was in and out in 20 minutes, and thats with them asking me to hang around for 10 minutes afterwards to make sure I didnt get dizzy.

• Like 2

I never had any warm and fuzzy feelings regarding the AZ vaccine (it was always the worst performer in the numbers game). While it has been brewing for a while, it's now official. Australia's love affair with the AZ vaccine is over

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56684833

Even though it seems to mostly kill young women with the blood clotting, there is currently no "urgent" need to vaccinate people in Australia, so it has now been prohibited for all under 50's

It's very late in the game, but it now looks like the alternatives are more attractive. Of course, our incompetent prime minister had put like 11 out of 12 eggs in one basket and gambled entirely on the AZ vaccine... ah well, maybe Pfizer/BioNTech has a few spare dozes somewhere.

• Sad 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

AZ is far from the worst performer. J&J and all the Chinese ones are worse, probably the Indian one too. The only ones better are Sputnik, Moderna and Pfizer, and the latter are also 20x more expensive. A local AZ vaccine is ~2USD for a course, Pfizer brough as a priority is 56USD. Which is why I'm deeply suspicious of us getting Pfizer here for cheap when we also have a review of our drug buying agency going on simultaneously, no way we're getting a good deal without any 'conditions'.

Australia went all in for AZ because it can be manufactured locally so is cheap and not subject to being blocked by the EU or US. So could Sputnik or one of the Chinese ones too, but I'd presume if they were going to still do local manufacturing away from AZ they'd license J&J for geopolitical reasons.

Politics and greed (one might say they're one and the same) manufacturing unnecessary obstacles to containing a worldwide pandemic just makes a guy feel all warm and fuzzy inside (unless that's just a lingering side effect from the Janssen vaccine) *snicker*

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

10 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Australia went all in for AZ because it can be manufactured locally so is cheap and not subject to being blocked by the EU or US. So could Sputnik or one of the Chinese ones too, but I'd presume if they were going to still do local manufacturing away from AZ they'd license J&J for geopolitical reasons.

Ironically AZ is only vaccine which has been blocked by EU and US

Yep*, what the US is doing blocking AZ exports I have no idea. Either approve it and use it yourself or allow the exports, but instead there are literally millions of doses sitting around in storage. That's even worse since vaccines have a fairly short shelf life even when stored correctly.

*EU has definitely put pressure on Pfizer/ Biontech not to export though, but short of blocking them.

• Like 2