Food Thread - What are you eating?

Amentep

9 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Not sure what "we're" going to do about it, if anything (lasting). 

Hoping Bill Gates really put sterilization agents into the Covid vaccines, or maybe open a Soylent Green factory or two. :yes:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

5 hours ago, majestic said:

Well, actually, it's more like farmers illegally burning down wood to farm soy beans that's causing the problems, but they'd also do that for animal farming. It just puts a real damper into the going vegan to save the planet spin.

Soya plants are great- easy to grow, quick growing, versatlile, don't need much water, not much in the way of pests, nitrogen fixing- the problems are all with industrial farming since you end up with lots of soy specific pests, lots of topsoil loss as well as lots of forest clearance etc. GMO soy is pretty crap too. Yeah, it won't turn the frogs gay or anything, but all glyphosate resistance does is encourage significantly more use of herbicide- why Monsanto, makers of Roundup, developed it in the first place, duh- and more monoculture. So you end up with massive use of pesticide and massive use of herbicide in most commercial soy growing projects often with steady soil degradation despite soy being a legume.

Cantina's having their usual summer menu, which is great. Today was tuna salad or pizza, so I went with the tuna salad. Can't eat a pepperoni pizza for lunch. I mean, I totally could, but not if I'm expected to be productive afterwards.

• Like 1

I’ve had a serious craving for Japanese food lately. There’s no good Japanese places within 500 miles of here. In fact the last place I got good food was actually in Japan. Sometimes I wish I was sitting on the wood picnic tables outside Mi House at the foot of Mt Futenma on Okinawa eating a big plate of Yaka Soba and sashimi and drinking a big steel can of Orion.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 minute ago, Guard Dog said:

I’ve had a serious craving for Japanese food lately. There’s no good Japanese places within 500 miles of here. In fact the last place I got good food was actually in Japan. Sometimes I wish I was sitting on the wood picnic tables outside Mi House at the foot of Mt Futenma on Okinawa eating a big plate of Yaka Soba and sashimi and drinking a big steel can of Orion.

Visiting Japan sure would be nice, stroll around and try all the food I keep seeing in TV shows :). Alas, I doubt that I'll manage.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

32 minutes ago, majestic said:

Visiting Japan sure would be nice, stroll around and try all the food I keep seeing in TV shows :). Alas, I doubt that I'll manage.

I got to go there for a year. All expenses paid. Free room and board.

Thomas Sowell

6 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Japan is on my bucket list to visit, and not just because of the food.

It’s definitely my third favorite country in the world.

Thomas Sowell

2 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I got to go there for a year. All expenses paid. Free room and board.

Drills, uniforms, shaving every day, being subjected to the whims of sadistic morons. Yeah, hard pass. :p

Military life is just not for me. I spent my nine months in the army and hated every last day of it.  Except the week where I got sick because our immediate superiors thought it a fun idea to pretend we're the Wehrmacht in Russia and sent us out in the cold and snow at -20° C in our summer gear. That was fun.

image.thumb.jpeg.72445320bd20f75edfab7c3184f0944e.jpeg

if you’re under 40 you don’t know what you missed!

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

15 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Lots of carbs, fat and salt, by the looks of that. :p 

SCNR. 

15 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

That makes me feel very hungry 🍕

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, majestic said:

Lots of carbs, fat and salt, by the looks of that. :p 

SCNR. 

Yeah…. Mmmmmmmmmm

Thomas Sowell

14 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

The bigger jar is staying home the smaller jar is going on the road.

tA1eZWA_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

good thinking. better than a gun, chemical repellant to be used against would-be hijackers on the road and for those potential home invasion nogoodniks while not travelling.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 thin slices of uncured bacon
Small bits of thinly sliced beef
Chopped dinosaur kale
Several large chunks of sliced yellow onion
Couple handfuls of "baby greens" salad mix and some jalapeno peppers

Stir fry it in a skillet for little while.

Stuff face.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...

food-002.jpg

...leafy greens, veggies, leafy greens, veggies, leafy greens, veggies.  Yes I can have a bit o' bacon and other non-plant protein/fat sources and I don't feel deprived. Still, sometimes...
rabbitfood-01.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Black coffee (two cups at least) and Motrin. The breakfast of champions 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thomas Sowell