Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our physics is augmented.   I guess this is always a thing in open world games, but never really noticed the speedometer in them as much as in this game, but it'll say you're travelling 55 MPH but it looks like you're moving a quarter of that :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Again, I am really enjoying the world they have created. It may be buggy or whatever, but it is clearly a classic for me, and I can see myself going back and playing it more than once.

I started a new game as a nomad and lasted 4 mins before encountering a game breaking bug. I was doing the whole, "howdy partner, we don't take kindly.."  with a samurai sheriff when my car ran into a missing plot trigger. 

These things kinda rob you of the good first impression. Other than that, I mean it looks pretty solid conceptually if not stability wise. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's because I upgraded my PC a few months back, but I haven't had too much grief. A few visual glitches, nothing too serious, a couple of odd clipping of cars in the environment, one game breaking infinite loading screen moment that was resolved by going off and doing another mission and then coming back, and a phone call that went silent for about 2 minutes.

Beyond that, it's all been smooth sailing, and I've been enjoying the atmosphere.

I think Night City is great to roam around in, but it isn't amazing for interacting with. Still, the characters in the various side-quests and such tend to make up for not the basic AI for random civilians and cars on the streets.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what this game needs?  Casino's with playable slot machines, maybe some blackjack.  A way to waste money and take a break from killing thugs now and then.

  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

You know what this game needs?  Casino's with playable slot machines, maybe some blackjack.  A way to waste money and take a break from killing thugs now and then.

But only if you can spend real money on said casino games. :fdevil:

  • Thanks 1

rowsdower_sig.jpg.0f13980282a9229af0f1609eb6dee060.jpg
I wonder if there is beer on the sun

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

But only if you can spend real money on said casino games. :fdevil:

CDPR doesn't exploit their fanbase enough really. Fertile soil left unused!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

You know what this game needs?  Casino's with playable slot machines, maybe some blackjack.  A way to waste money and take a break from killing thugs now and then.

Honestly I don't know what I want. There's plenty of side missions and the idea of gigs are cool too, but there's so much of the latter not to mention all the filler crime activities... Makes the game feel padded and empty at the same. I'd much prefer more plot and intricately crafted missions. Panam's storyline blew me away (despite a few stumbles) and kind of set me up for disappointment for other side stories until I realized her stuff is pretty entwined with the main story.

 

Also are you saying you want some blackjack with your joytoys? 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reached lvl 8, upgraded the cyber-thingie for your brain, paid off that starter debt ... guess I can do the next main quest. 

I found a dead body and a yellow ? locked chest at the bottom of an ocean shoreline, but I couldn't do anything with it.  I'm guessing I'm not high level enough/far enough in plot or something.  So many "requirements" here and there for gear, but that was the first one I found like that (vs. just a gated-off area I mean).

I wish the "filler" crime/racketeer ppl (that aren't even committing active crimes at the time) wouldn't become hostile just because you're standing 15 feet away from them for more than 10 seconds.  It's kind of ... weird and feels way too forced. 

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

Reached lvl 8, upgraded the cyber-thingie for your brain, paid off that starter debt ... guess I can do the next main quest. 

I found a dead body and a yellow ? locked chest at the bottom of an ocean shoreline, but I couldn't do anything with it.  I'm guessing I'm not high level enough/far enough in plot or something.  So many "requirements" here and there for gear, but that was the first one I found like that (vs. just a gated-off area I mean).

I wish the "filler" crime/racketeer ppl (that aren't even committing active crimes at the time) wouldn't become hostile just because you're standing 15 feet away from them for more than 10 seconds.  It's kind of ... weird and feels way too forced. 

Someone caved in!  I gave up on the game for now.  I also really hate the filler crime people.  

 

My biggest problem though, is the dialog.  not the quality of writing, just that it really feels pointless which choice you make in dialog.  Fairly certain nothing has a real impact.  Though I am still early in the game.

 

For the life of me I can't remember the dudes name.  But the fat guy with dreadlocks that is in act 1.  There is an option to lie to him or to tell the truth.  They really make it seem like it matters... But none of the options make any difference

 

Also... The "cool" dialog checks don't seem to matter.  You just say a thing then the NPCs are like "wow you're cool now press the dialog option that advances the story so we can get this over with"

ALSO it suffers from the vague dialog description problem that fallout 4 had.  "Tell that to T-bug" = " you stupid selfish piece of poop t bug would be alive if you weren't so bleeping stupid you bleeping bleep"

Edited by Theonlygarby
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Theonlygarby said:

My biggest problem though, is the dialog.  not the quality of writing, just that it really feels pointless which choice you make in dialog.  Fairly certain nothing has a real impact.  Though I am still early in the game.

Occasionally you get stat checks or lifepath choices that unlock more (usually ideal) options, but most convo choices are for roleplaying purposes.
What I find odd is how superfluous some of the blue/question options are. They don't even elaborate on a given topic, just ask brain dead questions about obvious things. Other times they're bad faith questioning's of people's motives. Oh well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Oner said:

Occasionally you get stat checks or lifepath choices that unlock more (usually ideal) options, but most convo choices are for roleplaying purposes.
What I find odd is how superfluous some of the blue/question options are. They don't even elaborate on a given topic, just ask brain dead questions about obvious things. Other times they're bad faith questioning's of people's motives. Oh well.

Yeah as I said I'm still early.  But from act 1 it seems very minimal in differences.  Talking to the corpo lady the conversation goes differently but it always ends in her giving you the money chip... You turn down the money chip "you're going to regret this" then after the mission she's like "thanks for doing that for me" Hmm not really regretting it yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Theonlygarby said:

Yeah as I said I'm still early.  But from act 1 it seems very minimal in differences.  Talking to the corpo lady the conversation goes differently but it always ends in her giving you the money chip... You turn down the money chip "you're going to regret this" then after the mission she's like "thanks for doing that for me" Hmm not really regretting it yet

If you're a corpo, you can tell from the get-go that her chip is spiked and point this out to Royce, allowing you to pay with her money without starting a small war with the gang. So yeah, it's an alternative option and definitely beneficial to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Theonlygarby said:

Talking to the corpo lady the conversation goes differently but it always ends in her giving you the money chip... You turn down the money chip "you're going to regret this" then after the mission she's like "thanks for doing that for me" Hmm not really regretting it yet

Also I didn't get her at the end, but the guy she was keeping hostage. So it seems there are different outcomes.

166215__front.jpg.45518d58bdab611f0e3a026d3b8c6489.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Also I didn't get her at the end, but the guy she was keeping hostage. So it seems there are different outcomes.

Really?  Weird...  Wonder what you did to get that ending to the mission.  I played it a couple times... The only thing I didn't do was as a corpo start

Link to post
Share on other sites

That might be it. After I got the money chip from her I had the option to hack it to remove the tracker. That way I could pay and warn the gang leader that Militech is after him. That way I didn't fight the gang but Militech and the gang leader wasn't hostile at the end and after leaving the place there was the guy waiting for me saying that corpo lady was terminated.

166215__front.jpg.45518d58bdab611f0e3a026d3b8c6489.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

That might be it. After I got the money chip from her I had the option to hack it to remove the tracker. That way I could pay and warn the gang leader that Militech is after him. That way I didn't fight the gang but Militech and the gang leader wasn't hostile at the end and after leaving the place there was the guy waiting for me saying that corpo lady was terminated.

Oh that's actually cool.  I guess your start really does matter

Link to post
Share on other sites

My impression is they aren't focusing on immediate outcome changes too often. At least nothing very major - kill everyone or not, sneak by or not, refuse or not - a line of dialogue changes here and there, reactions, etc.  But the main story is kind of on rails in some ways so general results may not really change.  It's not a game where save-scumming generally has tons of benefit, I think - it does seem mostly for role-playing atmosphere - from what I've read, seen, and experienced (i'm also still early so it's more from what I've read/seen as others play).  Edit: obviously I'm talking generalities here, I'm sure there are exceptions

But I think game does have long term differences that can be significant, like not even getting/having a certain quest offered at all, and of course related to what and how many ending choices/options - especially re: gigs/some side quests.  So while something you choose to do or not do may not seem to have any difference in the immediate quest/moment, it might far down the road.  "Problem" is, the player doesn't really know that without comparing notes with a lot of other players (since it goes beyond save-scumming). 

Btw, that lady and her money chip - it's bugged.  I hacked it right after I got it, BEFORE doing that quest and apparently that means no money at the end.  They all kept talking like I was getting money, even V was all "yup I thought I'd pocket the money!" or whatever, but nope, no actual money added.  I'm not the only one - it was discussed on official forum threads.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Btw, that lady and her money chip - it's bugged.  I hacked it right after I got it, BEFORE doing that quest and apparently that means no money at the end.  They all kept talking like I was getting money, even V was all "yup I thought I'd pocket the money!" or whatever, but nope, no actual money added.  I'm not the only one - it was discussed on official forum threads.

I .... actually screwed up hacking that shard. Didn't get zilch out it. xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on how it goes you can hack it to just clear the malware, hack it to get a copy of a nice lethal quickhack (synapse burnout if I recall), or both.

If you go through the mission and I think its on one of the laptops you can read the message that does identify that guy from Meredith's trunk as the mole, in which case potentially terminates him. Without it, there's no proof, and as long as you don't start anything with Royce she doesn't recover the convoy and that's why she's terminated.

I went with rescuing Brick as well, haven't seen any direct consequences of that, but I'm guessing his favour owed might turn up in the end game sequence.

Actually hit level 41 now, about 76 hours of gameplay and still pootling around in act 2 doing side gigs and the like. There are some interesting and disturbing elements that crop up in equal measure.

Although I am annoyed that there are a couple of missions you can only do if you basically play stupid. It's that awkward "right, do I roleplay this and not get into it and skip the content, or do I close my eyes and just act like a naive moron with no clue just to explore the mission and what might come out of it..."

 

Hm, just had the River romance pop up. I have to admit, compared to meeting Judy and Panam, and how those relationships are more fleshed out before romance creeps in, River as the male to female V's hetero option seems surprisingly shallow. The first mission where he's somewhat antagonistic, the second where you help him rescue his nephew from a serial killer type, and then boom "Hey, I want to date you" kind of thing. Made it very easy to do the "Dude, we're friends, that's it. Let's get drunk and enjoy the view."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sarex said:

@Theonlygarby Choices are mostly for flavor, they sometimes have impact down the line but it's usually if you kill someone he doesn't show up and things of that nature. The main story is pretty linear, that is not to say it's bad.

I don't mind linear if it's a linear game.  But open world games that are linear tend to frustrate me.  I'd prefer they commit to one or the other.  I'm sure I will eventually like cyberpunk once I can enjoy it for what it is, as opposed to what I thought it would be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people may be interested to know you can tame a stray cat near your apartment. ;) It involves regular cat food you can find anywhere and a trash can at the end of the corridor to the left of your apartment. Don't know what other triggers it may or may not have though.

So looked it up some more, there's cat food in Arasaka Industrial Park (involved in the Gimme Danger mission, but always available for "visits") in the basement right next to a radio. The cat is around the middle of the corridor not at the end, there's a message shard in the can and a food bowl next to it. Place food, let time pass, go back.

Edited by Oner
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...