Cyberpunk 2077

ShadySands

I think they need to go the roll your own route but that's a lot of personal preference talking. I never finished the second Witcher game and still haven't installed the third so I don't know who these characters are either.

I'm just about done with my second Shadowrun without Magic game and then I think I may be done with it for good depending on what DLC they come out with. 

• Gasp! 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

5 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I think they need to go the roll your own route but that's a lot of personal preference talking. I never finished the second Witcher game and still haven't installed the third so I don't know who these characters are either.

I

Sorry Shady but for you and any others who still hasn't finished the absolutely fantastic Witcher 3 ( my favorite RPG of all time along with BG2 ToB) and still doesn't know who the various characters are then I am afraid you  have demonstrated a lack of interest and commitment to the Witcher Universe and their is only one possible outcome .....you are now officially and permanently  banned from playing any future Witcher games !!!!

I know this sounds harsh but loyalty and integrity matters, if we see a change in your view towards the Witcher series then we can possibly look at suspending your banning. But I think you have a lot or work to do, some would say you have an arduous journey in front of you. But always remember absolution starts with a positive attitude ....one step at a time 

:teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, been playing it a bit on my GTX970 and it runs just fine. Not great, but fine (~30-40fps, depending on area). At least on whatever it picked as default settings for my system.

Probably of note that while my GPU is old, the rest of the system is not, as I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 5900x and the game is on a rather fast NVMe SSD. GPU prices, however, are a bit too rich for my tastes right now so the GTX970 will have to hang in there a while longer.

Game definitely has issues (I'm sure this surprises many people), had a bunch of CTDs already, always when taking screenshots though. So quicksave -> screenshot it is ;)

Alt-tabbing is also a bad idea as it messes things up in weird ways (eg. some controls stop working, notably had it with the sprint button, or the game starts to feel like slow motion while FPS is still fine. Stuff like that)

Other than that the only bug I ran into was when there's random shoot-outs between cops and a gang, and you help the cops, they go hostile once they find one of the gangers corpses. Rather annoying but I'm just ignoring those events for now.

Haven't seen anything else really weird though, aside from an NPC spawning right in my face, which, while not exactly helping immersion, probably isn't a bug either.

Edited by marelooke
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, majestic said:

Fun, that patch is only 1.1 GB on GOG but their download servers are giving me .3 MB/second right now. Let's party like it is 1999?

Might want to make a backup of your current install since downgrading basically requires a full re-download.

The patch appears to have totally broken hacking of cameras for me, I'm now locked into the "camera mode" and the only way out is to reload the game. Exact same thing happened after the reload. Will have to test on another mission to see whether it's a structural issue.

• Gasp! 1

12 minutes ago, majestic said:

Fun, that patch is only 1.1 GB on GOG but their download servers are giving me .3 MB/second right now. Let's party like it is 1999?

Check out this guy, 1999 and he had that fast internet 😛

• Haha 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Check out this guy, 1999 and he had that fast internet 😛

Yeah, I lucked out and was in the pilot area of our cable TV provider offering internet service. Bandwidth startet at 500 kbits/s in '97 but jumped to 5 mbit/second in '99/00 with a cable modem upgrade that became necessary because the old ones had a fun little bug where you could deactivate the upstream throttling.

The new ones were even better. They came with a feature that allowed the use to upload their own configuration file. The modems loaded the config file from the ISP after a reboot, but if the config server wasn't reachable it tried a default fallback in the local network. All you had to do was set up a TFTP server with the correct file on it on a computer with the IP 168.0.0.1, make sure the modem can't connect to the ISP and reboot it. Plug everything back in, done!

Well that one got patched real quick. Bit of a shame. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1999 I was still using a 33.6 kbps :lol:

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Re: the patch (which I haven't installed/played yet): some PC users are reporting a lot less crowd density even with it set to highest.  Anyone else notice the same? I wonder if that was supposed to be only for console versions but got put into the PC patch by mistake. Or if it's another sign of how even the PC version will have its graphics generally "downgraded" for performance reasons vs. just adding more low-low graphic setting options.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

13 hours ago, majestic said:

107395.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."