Cyberpunk 2077

ShadySands

I discovered how to change the audio language away from English.  Sadly it doesn't seem you can have a list of all language options at once, in-game. Have to change actual game language properties by r-clicking on game in Steam menu. Then that means initially the entire menu text interface is in the chosen language - so I had to use Google Translate to find out what Japanese lettering = "English" to make interface/subtitles readable for me.  :P

But now I can make a male V play thru and have Japanese audio. Can still switch to English for my female V saves (just not any other language w/out doing whole thing over again).  Only issue is every time you restart, the interface/menu reverts back to non-English.  You can either remember which "position" the language selector should be in (2nd from left for English for me) and change it back each time, or start game as Admin. from the actual game folder .exe file vs. Steam's menu.  Although the latter might disable achievements, I hear.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I made a scan on all the "dancers" at the afterlife and chuckled a little. I don't know if it's intentional or a bug, but they all have male names.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I've had enough of thinking about collecting money vs. crafting materials or whatever.  So izza cheatz.  Think this is enough? :p

EnoughMoney.jpg

...I can make V walk/run faster, too.  Just a .5 speed increase and V's Speedy Gonzales on speed.  It's not a flying cheat but it'll do. Haven't tried max speed yet - I wonder if it would make the game crash.
...yes, that's right, I've lost interest in playing totally legit, already.  I'll probably never finish the plot anyway (just not interested....) so why not just goof off.
...did you know you can open your save.dat file in notepad?  Not that it's much use but it was interesting to scan for the occasional readable bits, for several minutes.  *LC's brain, again*

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

NexusMods already has a handful of basic tweaks and such, including some save editors if you really wanted to play around LC.  No idea how well they work yet. Although I think the engine tweaks they have are more geared to making sure AMD's work better.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Never noticed the cloaked AV when you're assaulting...uh...infiltrating the gang hideout after the van chase in the Peralez quest line. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

18 minutes ago, Sarex said:

No idea how legit this is, but figured it would be interesting to post.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79177975#7

Man, I don't get it. The game is huge and has a ton of content. The world is pretty dang busy. 

It's buggy, for sure. But I don't wander around thinking I'd really like to get more phone calls from people bugging me to do stuff. This is a big game with massive questlines to follow.

41 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

But I don't wander around thinking I'd really like to get more phone calls from people bugging me to do stuff.

Cousin Nico, we should go bowling.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

9 hours ago, Raithe said:

NexusMods already has a handful of basic tweaks and such, including some save editors if you really wanted to play around LC.  No idea how well they work yet. Although I think the engine tweaks they have are more geared to making sure AMD's work better.

A lot of them are save games or Reshade modifications, as well.  I usually only care about money, sometimes materials, no-damage (infinite health or regen type stuff I can use to just explore/combat w/out thought), any QoL mods (UI, speed, other). So something like WeMod just to save changes into a new savefile (then turning off WeMod) is good enough.  Or CheatEngine tables.  In Borderlands gun editors were really fun to make silly weapons with, but don't really care about that here. Just need health and a big bat.  :shifty:

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Man, I don't get it. The game is huge and has a ton of content. The world is pretty dang busy. 

It's buggy, for sure. But I don't wander around thinking I'd really like to get more phone calls from people bugging me to do stuff. This is a big game with massive questlines to follow.

I think the main complaint (from such complainers) is that they'd rather have had a few dozen more long, well written, choice-matters/multiple result type of side quests than seemingly endless "kill gangsters for 5 minutes and loot their stuff" mini-quests every 100 feet.  Which I can sort of relate to.  But that's not exclusive to Cyberpunk - many open worlds have this problem. The constant phone call trigger method just reminds you of it rather intrusively vs. a static NPC with a ? over their head that you can simply run past and ignore (or maybe never discover in the first place).  Of course, if there were less short filler quests and filler loot everywhere, then you'd have people complaining the world was too "empty" with no reward for exploration, or something.   :lol:

Edit: actually, now that I think of it, the phone calls do make me feel like there's less sense of "surprise discovery" in the game.  I prefer walking into some house and suddenly encountering a situation and dialog/npc's needing help, and having to make a decision then, for example, vs. being told there's something to do over the phone because I'm standing in a certain alleyway.

Edited by LadyCrimson

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

It is a pretty big game but I also think it's fairly easy to see how it could have/was supposed to be bigger and more. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this game but I'd be lying if I said that it was as interactive and branching as it was talked up to be. It's pretty linear with almost nothing really mattering.

Still easily my game of the year though

PS I wanted Silverhand to be more Bowie but I can't really complain because I'm such a Keanu fanboy.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

I finally know how fallout 4 fans feel like.  I am really enjoying this game.  The story and atmosphere keeps me pulled in.  The **** u can do is massive!  The side gigs and just the **** u see is Witcher 3 quality.  The main story and major side gigs I’d say are better than Witcher 3 writing.  It’s been a long time since I could connect with the characters or actually caring about them.  
The random npcs ai and driving first person sucks but doesn’t bother me much at all bc I’m always heading somewhere and the landscape just distracts me instead.  Driving 3rd person fixed most of my issues with driving problems.

it does ALOT of things really well that distract or at least dampen its flaws for me.  I waited 8 years for this game and didn’t get spoiled and went in blind and loving the hell outta it.  

got 70 hours on this playthru and I’m lvl 20 and street level 40.  Love just sneaking in a corner outside a building and hacking in and taking out the whole building and using mantis arms for when I can’t hack.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Fun fact: Virtually every game ever made has had content cut.

Outside of the console performance stuff, all the commentary re: cut content and "expectations" and "not like the trailers from 3 years ago" reminds me a lot of the years-in-development FF-XV hoopla. Many of the same complaints, really.  😄  Edit: except XV *is* a lot worse in story cohesion etc, heh.

Edited by LadyCrimson

3 hours ago, Sarex said:

No idea how legit this is, but figured it would be interesting to post.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79177975#7

Sourced from 4chan, so bear that in mind.

It reads as a mishmash of fan favorite theories that's been around for the past month. They mean to tell me that they not only did they rewrite the entire game two years ago to give Silverhand the central role, that'd then mean they had to rerecord most other VA lines aswell, I just don't buy it.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Should have not bothered with Keanu.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

tbh some of the mentioned ideas in that thread sound like development hell to me. I know it sucks, but some ideas need to be cut down.

Thought the point about Bloodlines was a bit funny, because we all know how that one turned out.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

20 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Saw that there is a 3rd person mod out but after looking at my character's shadow while he runs makes me think that's a bad idea

It's Lovecraftesque 🤣

• Like 1

Dunno what the issue is. It's Witcher 3, only interesting.

And yes, I also would rather have a small number of interesting side quests (like, say... hum... the original Witcher game maybe), but that's dead and done for, I guess. Thanks Obama Ubisoft.

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

...to be fair, they will (sometimes) have a head. But still very wonky running, gorilla arms, and other horrid or broken animation craziness.

• Haha 1

Once/If modders can get animation files for npcs to work on V, it'd be alot better yeah.

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

Saw that there is a 3rd person mod out but after looking at my character's shadow while he runs makes me think that's a bad idea

Sometimes, I am a moving T-pose.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Sourced from 4chan, so bear that in mind.

It reads as a mishmash of fan favorite theories that's been around for the past month. They mean to tell me that they not only did they rewrite the entire game two years ago to give Silverhand the central role, that'd then mean they had to rerecord most other VA lines aswell, I just don't buy it.

Some of it* definitely looks like credibility shopping. Much of the rest is pretty lol. Some of it sounds like the sort of stuff that was cut from Witcher 3- Iorveth and the plague, Wild Hunt attacks Novigrad, Devil's Pit etc- most of which seems to have been cut for a sensible reason**. The trouble is that saying it was all cool 2 years ago isn't really credible from what we know of development, the logical answer is that it was just a buggy mess, but with a larger worldspace.

The counter example for cut content is probably KOTOR2. Very short dev cycle, absolute masses of cut content/ retasked content. Remember its release state and imagine if they'd tried a release with the ~20% more content of the Droid Planet still in...

*specifically "There will be major departures from the studio in the coming months". That's obvious, they happen after every single major release, successful or failed. Even the basic maths of it is pretty simple, if you had 300 employees and the average employment length was 5 years then you'd be losing an average 60 people per year even without contracts for specific projects running out. Wow, 60 people leaving in a year!!! Sounds major, but it's just attrition. Even if everyone stayed a ludicrous average of 10 years you'd still be losing 30 people to natural attrition. But, if you say departures will happen then when they inevitably do you look like a genius...

**cutting stuff that simply wasn't working to make time for fixing stuff that mostly was. The only real loss from Witcher 3 was Iorveth, since that was almost certainly going to lead to a elf/ human Decision as in the prior two games. The two really stupid ancillary plot points in WItcher 3 both could be easily fixed if Iorveth was there- Iorveth was involved in the plague plot so Keira taking research to him would make sense, to Radovid... not so much; and Iorveth vs BROche with Geralt input makes infinitely more sense than Dijkstra deciding potential personal combat with a Witcher was a good idea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Dev morale is on an all time down and Sony is roasting our asses due to the gigantic volume of refund requests."

oreally.jpg

Also, I'm still amazed that noone remembers Skyrim performance on consoles at release.