Cyberpunk 2077

ShadySands

The only one of those games I've played is Borderlands (and maybe about 2 hrs of System Shock 2 forever ago). I don't think there's all that much about Cyberpunk that's going to really make you think "Borderlands".  Even using a controller the gunplay is nothing like it (BL is much better gunplay control w/controller, imo).  It is in first person tho.  :P 

There are moments in the game, both that I've seen and seen others playing in, that for some reason reminded me just a smidgen of FO:NV, tho. The desert-y stuff certainly but I dunno exactly. Just ... something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The loot system looked very "borderlands" to me, and the fact that you can attach suppressors to your gun and drop points into stealth and hide dead bodies in bins gave me the "Hitman" impression.  An open vibrant city where you can drive everywhere and steal cars is certainly a bit "GTA" whether one likes it or not, and the augmentation and character building setup struck me as "Deus Ex/System Shock".

I haven't played it of course but if I go in with that cognitive impression and treat it as such I reckon we got a good all-round title on our hands.

That...or it could be a case of trying to tackle too many elements at once and as a result falls flat on its face!

I shall find out in a month or two.

The characters do not look appealing to me whatsoever (based off of what I've seen) so if you only like this game because of Keanu Reeves you've already lost me and we have probably nothing in common.

Edited by ComradeMaster

Well, you could say Borderlands loot system is a lot like Diablo.  It's nothing very unique. There is also no crafting in BL.  Outside of some higher tier loot having a few randomized special stats, Cyberpunk's loot feels a lot more static, from what I've seen.  I don't know how random loot drops/placement actually is (or is not) but it has more of a static feel. I actually was finding the loot rather ... dull overall, outside of finding clothing where I simply liked the appearance of it more.

As to Keanu - I like him in his silly movies but I've been in no hurry to get to him in the game. I'm guessing I'll chuckle at his monotone line delivery.  I usually don't like famous faces in video games, outside of a cameo maybe, because the uncanny valley becomes impossible to ignore when you know what the real person looks like.  :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, Oner said:

That reminds me, there's a hidden rollercoaster mission in Pacifica.

There were no people there when I went past. I had to look up a fix for it, but it is possible to get it running without the quest itself.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

First real unrecoverable bug just happened for me. Fought a gangoon that had an electric katana, and wanted to take a photo. Happened to press M for map at the same time, and the game became unresponsive, it was running but I couldn't get out of the map menu or interact with anything, no keyboard commands either :<

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

5 hours ago, Malcador said:

Saved Takemura, huzzah, Now to re-finish the game. :lol:

That felt very much like a call back to Deus Ex and Paul.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

4 hours ago, Raithe said:

That felt very much like a call back to Deus Ex and Paul.

Felt sort of silly to see him not dead though, 3 guys blasting at him from near point blank.  Well at least I can get the hateful Devil ending.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guys, help me, I loaded up Cyberpunk for the first time since the last patch, and something is horribly wrong! :shifty:
CyberGunk2077-1.jpg

....actually, I watched/lol'd at this video (the creator's narration was hilarious imo), then download his "game."  You can actually play it, kind of.  I mean, it's a total joke, right, yet it's still crazy what people can do in so short a time these days.

• Like 2

Reminds me to crack open that Unity book I bought.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

14 hours ago, Azdeus said:

First real unrecoverable bug just happened for me. Fought a gangoon that had an electric katana, and wanted to take a photo. Happened to press M for map at the same time, and the game became unresponsive, it was running but I couldn't get out of the map menu or interact with anything, no keyboard commands either :<

I just CTD/flatlined after loading a save, going to the apt, then clicked on apt door to leave and flatlined.  First time I've had any CTD. Oh well.

After watching some recent videos I'm tempted to start pouring all points into Tech so I can shoot through walls and floors.  That looks like OP'd fun with guns.
Also, not having watched news or trailers for this game for months/years, I had no idea about a certain something re: a chr and now I'm kinda gamey- ticked off. :mellow: Oh well, x2. :lol:

• Like 2

Meh, the video is quite misleading. First he didn't make Cyberpunk 2077 in 24 hours. He made a raw sandbox. No quests, no dialog, not story, etc.

Second, he uses lots of presets and template system from other sources and just assembles them.

I mean, give me all the necessary systems and I can also cobble you together the next Ubisoft game in a weekend or so. Really no big deal ... the deal is to actually make these systems yourself. Story looks a lot different then.

Kinda tired of people constantly ****ting on the game with their lame memes. Sadly the way the internet works, we won't be spared of that for at least the next couple of months if not years.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Title was tongue in cheek, the guy says doing so helped him appreciate the task they had at hand making it, as well. 

Poor CDPR, people being so mean to them. 😛

38 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Poor CDPR, people being so mean to them. 😛

I don't give a crap about CDPR, I didn't even play Cyberpunk. I'm just annoyed by the lame memes about it every day.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Just means they are with the big boys now that they are getting them.  Internet's only been lazy memes in either praise or condemnation for years, too late to let yourself be bothered by them.  The guy making a game of sorts in a day or so doesn't really seem like it's a meme,  though.

Edited by Malcador

132637486_2828294314160791_7200401059436

Although, as I recall Gibson did sue Cyberpunk when the rpg originally came out, so it's not like he thinks fondly of it... Plus he's been making fairly passive aggressive comments on 2077 since the first teaser trailer dropped.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

So Gibson continues to be Gibson.  Should ask Sterling what he thinks 😛

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Although, as I recall Gibson did sue Cyberpunk when the rpg originally came out, so it's not like he thinks fondly of it... Plus he's been making fairly passive aggressive comments on 2077 since the first teaser trailer dropped.

He was fairly salty about Shadowrun too, dunno what his problem is.

Think it was magic and elves in Shadowrun that got his goat

6 hours ago, Lexx said:

I'm just annoyed by the lame memes about it every day.

I rather saw that guys video as more of a self-aware parody and maybe a subtle message to his viewers (hence his honest humor re: the fact that yes he wasn't using his own assets) re: creating games is a lot of hard work/is not as easy or simple as ppl seem to think it is. But mostly, I just found his humor style funny.  I mean, I laugh at some of the actual glitch videos, because glitches can be funny from any game. (ahh, memories of some FFXV glitches...) 

It's more the "boycott 4ever/I hope the devs crash and burn/I hate this game so no one should like this game" type of stuff that I don't like. As always, just me tho!  🥰

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

Think it was magic and elves in Shadowrun that got his goat

I believe his quote at the time ran along the lines of "They've added f***ing dragons and elves. I give up."

• Haha 2