Cyberpunk 2077

ShadySands

Well, I've got well over 50000 crafting mats total and I'm at about 6.7Mb and down to the last few missions. And I've exploited quite a bit to get those numbers, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, pmp10 said:

But our gracious forbearance means little to the previous-gen console gamers that found it practically unplayable.

Don't really know what CDPR was trying for there, it must have been patently obvious there were going to be massive problems with the ps4/xb1 for ages. Fundamentally, if someone tried playing the PC version on a Bulldozer CPU- not exactly inspiring, even when new- underclocked to ~2 Ghz and a 7870 GPU I doubt they'd be thrilled either; yet that is what base last gen console hardware was.

Probably should have gone with an AMD partnership instead of nVidia, at least.

I already said most people probably don't have to worry about it re: save file problem.  :sorcerer:   It's just something to be aware of/check those save sizes now and then to be safe.  But there are enough players who are likely obsessive enough, with these types of games, to make it more than just a minuscule issue.

Just for myself ... I spent 550 hours on my first playthrough of FFXV (console) before even bothering to complete the main quest (yeah don't ask I'm not even sure myself) and more in post-game. FO:NV? 400 at least IIRC.  Although I don't think I'd reach anything like that with this game (maybe 100 at most if I kept going). I don't feel much lasting "obsession" for Cyberpunk at this point. Plus, no fishing.  :shifty:  If I had continued to obsess tho, this would be a 300+ hour 1st-run game for me, easily. I'm quite sure I'd reach that 8mb limit long before.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I already said most people probably don't have to worry about it re: save file problem.  :sorcerer:   It's just something to be aware of/check those save sizes now and then to be safe.  But there are enough players who are likely obsessive enough, with these types of games, to make it more than just a minuscule issue.

Just for myself ... I spent 550 hours on my first playthrough of FFXV (console) before even bothering to complete the main quest (yeah don't ask I'm not even sure myself) and more in post-game. FO:NV? 400 at least IIRC.  Although I don't think I'd reach anything like that with this game (maybe 100 at most if I kept going). I don't feel much lasting "obsession" for Cyberpunk at this point. Plus, no fishing.  :shifty:  If I had continued to obsess tho, this would be a 300+ hour 1st-run game for me, easily. I'm quite sure I'd reach that 8mb limit long before.

I'm at 135 hours now, and **** me if I'm not lovin' it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Did the Arasaka ending, that was pretty grim. Didn't get the achievement for it, strange. EDIT - Ah,  it is linked to Takemura

53 hours spent on it. Feels like I have done everything I would have wanted to, the gigs seem repetitive to do and only side jobs I have left are the boxing ones.  I did like the one that has you chasing routers of someone spewing philosophical BS :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 hours ago, pmp10 said:

I played it plenty and forgave them too.
But our gracious forbearance means little to the previous-gen console gamers that found it practically unplayable.

This is much bigger then most other cases of buggy games.
CD project stock tanked by at least 30% and they are not a part of a huge publisher that can absorb blows like this easily.
However much money they have made initially will now be tied up in refunds and legal action.
And to even start salvaging their reputation they will now have to contribute serious resources to fixes and maybe offer DLC for free.

I bet that at CD project's managerial and board meeting there are already daggers being hidden and cups being poisoned. 

Thanks for sharing this information, hearing about the share price drop resonates with me much more about the seriousness of the negative experiences  that can impact the future of CDPR

The good news about this type of drop in share price is its mostly driven by sentiment and not real structural problems in the company. This is much easier to recover from and I believe it will stabilize but what will be  the real sign of there economic future is  "will  CDPR make its yearly target " ....this is very important to any listed company  and I think overall sales of Cyberpunk should be good? You need to factor in refunds but either way this will be what could determine the future of the company....are you able to make your target

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't think I already said, but I do also think the "hate train" for the game is rather absurd, outside of the last-gen console stuff maybe. But I think that for most things of this nature. Sure, be annoyed if it isn't running well for you but we've all had games that do that. These days with all the popular 'net reviewers, meme-spreading social media etc. it just snowballs in mere hours and "everyone" likes to be edgy/cool and parrot what they think everyone else is saying, even people who don't even own the game.   >.>

Outside of technical issues, not liking something or being angry at a dev. doesn't mean the game is bad. It's just not "for you" or what you were hoping for.  I mean, most of us here haven't even had major constant bugs or crashes, either. I think it's a decent game but the whole cyberpunk thing isn't for me and I knew that going in.  I don't even think Bladerunner is that awesome/interesting of a movie.  *ducks...*

That all said, if one is on the fence, I probably would recommend not buying (or at least not playing) the game for another couple months, wait for all those patches.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

41 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

I don't think I already said, but I do also think the "hate train" for the game is rather absurd, outside of the last-gen console stuff maybe. But I think that for most things of this nature. Sure, be annoyed if it isn't running well for you but we've all had games that do that. These days with all the popular 'net reviewers, meme-spreading social media etc. it just snowballs in mere hours and "everyone" likes to be edgy/cool and parrot what they think everyone else is saying, even people who don't even own the game.   >.>

Outside of technical issues, not liking something or being angry at a dev. doesn't mean the game is bad. It's just not "for you" or what you were hoping for.  I mean, most of us here haven't even had major constant bugs or crashes, either. I think it's a decent game but the whole cyberpunk thing isn't for me and I knew that going in.  I don't even think Bladerunner is that awesome/interesting of a movie.  *ducks...*

That all said, if one is on the fence, I probably would recommend not buying (or at least not playing) the game for another couple months, wait for all those patches.

I have to say though, that Skyrim when it came to PS4 was basically what CP2077 is now...

8 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Don't really know what CDPR was trying for there, it must have been patently obvious there were going to be massive problems with the ps4/xb1 for ages. Fundamentally, if someone tried playing the PC version on a Bulldozer CPU- not exactly inspiring, even when new- underclocked to ~2 Ghz and a 7870 GPU I doubt they'd be thrilled either; yet that is what base last gen console hardware was.

Probably should have gone with an AMD partnership instead of nVidia, at least.

I actually looked up that a while ago, and it's more like a 7700 gpu and cpu clocked 1.7Ghz

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

I actually looked up that a while ago, and it's more like a 7700 gpu and cpu clocked 1.7Ghz

Yeah, 7770 equivalent for the baseline xbone, more/ less on specs/ frequency. Fat fingers gave it a bit of an upgrade. PS4 original was roughly 7850 spec wise, iirc. Perform a bit better than base specs suggest due to the direct hardware access etc, but still pretty antiquated either way.

1 hour ago, Zoraptor said:

Yeah, 7770 equivalent for the baseline xbone, more/ less on specs/ frequency. Fat fingers gave it a bit of an upgrade. PS4 original was roughly 7850 spec wise, iirc. Perform a bit better than base specs suggest due to the direct hardware access etc, but still pretty antiquated either way.

I was a bit nitpicky 😄

It's not more than an interesting fact really, but the Xbox One had just slightly more theoretical power than an Radeon 4850 at 1.3 TFLOPs.

So guys, if I set my details to low, can this run somewhat smoothely on my setup? I really feel like buying the game just to spite the peasants and whiny investors right now.

Never thought I'd see that in my old age. I'm going contrarian again. xD

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

So guys, if I set my details to low, can this run somewhat smoothely on my setup? I really feel like buying the game just to spite the peasants and whiny investors right now.

Never thought I'd see that in my old age. I'm going contrarian again. xD

Well if you're buying it for spite, does it really matter if you can play it? Just give CDPR your money :p

7 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Eh, it's how it goes.  Everyone's very binary in their approach or seems to be - the game is a moving masterpiece, etc. or it's total dreck that does not work.  Well, at least one good thing from this is maybe people will tone their affection for CDPR down to realistic levels.

Also, you are blocked for disrespecting Blade Runner.

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

34 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Well if you're buying it for spite, does it really matter if you can play it? Just give CDPR your money :p

No it doesn't, I'm hoping someone will convince me to not do that. 60€ I could also invest into a decent steak or two. :p

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, majestic said:

No it doesn't, I'm hoping someone will convince me to not do that. 60€ I could also invest into a decent steak or two. :p

Ahh ok.  Hm, ok, 60€ is too much to reward a company for shipping a janky product.  Who does CDPR think they are, JoWood ?! 😛

4 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

This cracked me up. 🤣

nczu6515c7661.jpg?auto=webp&s=82420b3ac1

Typical whiny console peasants :teehee:

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Skarpen said:

This cracked me up. 

You always know they're out there. The difference is the 'net makes us more aware of it/shoves it in our face.  :shifty:

5 hours ago, Malcador said:

Also, you are blocked for disrespecting Blade Runner.

I did like Rutger Hauer.  To me he was the best thing about that movie.

• Like 2

Doesn't run that bad. Loading times are all right, framerate could be better but that is with the default settings which are all at high or ultra. Well no, I reduced crowd sizes. Might have to drop things once I get the world opened up, but one thing after the other.

So far so fine. Spent half an hour hacking the same fan over and over again to gain some skill levels. How is this better than putting points somewhere at level up again? Oh, right. It isn't.

Yup still not buying until the 1st major patch at least, and my new GPU arrives.  I want this baby to run smoothly and to break in my new card.

The more footage I see, the more I'm thinking I'll probably like it, because it does have some good stealth assassination elements.  Add some good old RPG elements and weapon varieties and customization and I think we got a winner here.

I was interested in the crafting of epic loot until I realized the potential special stats on such crafts would be ... random based.  I get enough of that from Diablo2, Diablo-likes and Borderlands loot. Yes I'm sure you find as drops or treasure some nice gear (also random stats I think) without having to craft.  I'm just saying, as a mechanic, randomized crafting stats is something I'm burnt out on.  Edit: possibly because I get too "ocd" and save-scummy re: trying to get what I want - also, hope I didn't say that before. I'm starting to lose track of what I've said where. 😛

...btw, I haven't ever actually tried, because I largely was using the bat and hardly used any ammo, but can you craft more ammo and thus carry more than the seeming limit? Not necessarily have more available in reload-stack, per se, but at least have it on you so when one "box" runs out, it'll use the next one? Because it seemed if my ammo is full, when I picked up ammo loot, it would disappear/pick up but nothing was added to inventory.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

Saved Takemura, huzzah, Now to re-finish the game. :lol: