Cyberpunk 2077

ShadySands

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37166/hotfix-1-05

Patch notes, looks like hefty amount of fixes.  Finished the game so was watching the credits, the phone calls were a nice touch, got a bit of a snicker when they listed the QA folk.   Got the good ending, well good enough as they'd give in a game with this setting. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37166/hotfix-1-05

Patch notes, looks like hefty amount of fixes.  Finished the game so was watching the credits, the phone calls were a nice touch, got a bit of a snicker when they listed the QA folk.   Got the good ending, well good enough as they'd give in a game with this setting. 

Spoiler

The Panam ending?

I was a little disappointed with the reactivity of the phone calls to what ending you got, they are pretty much the same for some character and little different for others.

Spoiler

I did like the Takemura phonecall if you didn't go with the corpo ending.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Until now they always made a game using someone else's setting. With this backlash, maybe it will be harder for them to piggyback on another established setting.

Maybe it'd be good for them to come up with their own setting.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What's your point here exactly? Both The Witcher and Cyberpunk were niche on an international scale before the game adaptations.
Or if you're talking about flexing their creative muscles more.. sure I guess? I'm fine with them bringing others's setting to life. There's plenty of "original" worlds out there too.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Until now they always made a game using someone else's setting. With this backlash, maybe it will be harder for them to piggyback on another established setting.

Maybe it'd be good for them to come up with their own setting.

Or they'll just go back and ride the Witcher IP some more.  People will eat that up.  They do have decent enough writers anyway, I actually cared about some characters in this.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

People might be overstating the backlash a bit, though. It still sold like gangbusters and is likely going to turn a massive profit. I'm just not sure what the long term effect of this is going to be for them. Will they struggle to recover in the console market? Maybe. The PC market is still going to be a strength for them. If it takes another 5-6 years to release the next game, I'd say there is a decent chance that this will all be water under the bridge. Particularly if they can address the major issues.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

People might be overstating the backlash a bit, though. It still sold like gangbusters and is likely going to turn a massive profit. I'm just not sure what the long term effect of this is going to be for them. Will they struggle to recover in the console market? Maybe. The PC market is still going to be a strength for them. If it takes another 5-6 years to release the next game, I'd say there is a decent chance that this will all be water under the bridge. Particularly if they can address the major issues.

I just read an article, analysts were predicting 30 million sold copies in the long term (whatever that means), but dropped it to 25 million light of the buggy launch, adding that it might drop even lower if multiplayer gets delayed. The owners did lose a ton of money because of the share drop, so there's that.
But yeah, 8 million pre-orders alone plus days 1 sales and how many else they sold since.. I'm sure they got a ton of refunds, but my bet would still be on a net positive profit.

"Everyone" hates EA and they're doing fine.  "Everyone" complains about Bethesda's buggy games at release, so far they're still fine.  Yes I know it's not exactly the same, but the point is, most people have short term memories and months/years later when a game they want is released, most people cave and buy it at some point at least.  If  their next couple of games has similar issues so it becomes a persistent known habit, then maybe

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

6 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

"Everyone" hates EA and they're doing fine.  "Everyone" complains about Bethesda's buggy games at release, so far they're still fine.  Yes I know it's not exactly the same, but the point is, most people have short term memories and months/years later when a game they want is released, most people cave and buy it at some point at least.  If  their next couple of games has similar issues so it becomes a persistent known habit, then maybe

There's also a lot of people who just don't keep up with news at all.

7 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Every game released is the buggiest ever.

From my personalized experience, FO:NV release day was buggier (on PC) than Cyberpunk.  I recall religiously and manually saving the game every 5 minutes because of the risk of crashing and losing progress, something like that.  Although, I never had this one:   :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

15 minutes ago, Oner said:

There's also a lot of people who just don't keep up with news at all.

That would be me, most of the time. I didn't even know what Cyberpunk was or that it existed at all, until recently, and only because I read this forum sometimes.  So yeah, if it's not a game I'm personally playing, I'll usually know el zippo.

Btw, the patch isn't actually out yet for PC, right? Steam hasn't had a download or anything...

Edited by LadyCrimson

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

But it is amusing to watch.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Btw, the patch isn't actually out yet for PC, right? Steam hasn't had a download or anything...

The yellow page says it'll "follow soon" for PC.

Edited by Oner

9 gig download, too.  Downloading it off GOG now, so assume Steam is the same.

Edited by Malcador

2 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Every game released is the buggiest ever.

In my experience Fallout 3/4, Witcher 3 had little issues and I got them on release.

At least this was not The Witcher 1 release level buggy, where game crashed every time when prologue ended and I had to edit save file in order to skip part that caused the crash.

4 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

From my personalized experience, FO:NV release day was buggier (on PC) than Cyberpunk.  I recall religiously and manually saving the game every 5 minutes because of the risk of crashing and losing progress, something like that.  Although, I never had this one:   :lol:

savesavesave.thumb.JPG.29e268901f657ac42a87a5795cff5b8e.JPG

:-

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

You guys, as if having thousands of saves isn't normal.

On an average Half-Life playthrough I save roughly three thousand times. Serious Sam had 5000+ saves. I overwrite most, but compulsive saving is the way to go for me. :p

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

9 gig download, too.  Downloading it off GOG now, so assume Steam is the same.

On Steam ppl are saying it's 1.7GB - or 4GB - or 1.5GB or 26GB  ...  :ermm:  I'd guess 1.7 is the "normal" figure. I think this happened with the last Steam patch too.  It thinks some people have a lot of missing files or something. Steam is weird.  Haven't gone back Online to d/l it yet myself.  Edit: Yup, 1.7 for me.

Edit:

32 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I'm still bothered that my V's name is Vincent and that happened like two days ago. 

Am I the only one whose mind always drifts to that mini-series V whenever I hear "V?"

Edited by LadyCrimson

41 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I'm still bothered that my V's name is Vincent and that happened like two days ago. 

Hey you can feel justified in the shortened form!

58 minutes ago, majestic said:

You guys, as if having thousands of saves isn't normal.

On an average Half-Life playthrough I save roughly three thousand times. Serious Sam had 5000+ saves. I overwrite most, but compulsive saving is the way to go for me. :p

I remember the first time I played Deus Ex I had 66 saves halfway through Liberty Island. :lol:

20 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Am I the only one whose mind always drifts to that mini-series V whenever I hear "V?"

1983 Orginal?

Not a bad thing to remember.

Though this year I have been thinking a lot about it. In V the visitors turned people against scientists...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

This garbage will cost so much money which then won't be invested into fixing the game.

This hate-train is hilarious and kinda really sad.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."