Cyberpunk 2077

ShadySands

1 hour ago, Raithe said:

just had the River romance pop up. I have to admit, compared to meeting Judy and Panam

So are those all female romance options or something?  I have zero interest in romancing anyone, male or female, in this game. If I feel forced to in order to get a better main plot integration or something I'll get annoyed.  Can you romance Jackie?  I might find that funny..

Anyway, I'm finding myself becoming rather bored of the side missions and exploration - it's fun making money, beating people up and trying to find better loot, or trying to find small details (like that cat thing) but so much of it is repetitive not sure I want to do a full sweep just find those little things.  This is a case for me where there are SO MANY encounters stacking one after the other that it becomes dull - I'd rather have a lot fewer but higher quality encounters.  May go back to my original plan of an immortal V and rushing main plot until near the end and see how I feel at that point.  I don't think is a game where I'm going to feel attached to any character tho - it's not the kind of stuff that hits my emotions outside of my "wut, lol" funny bone, I guess.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

So are those all female romance options or something?  I have zero interest in romancing anyone, male or female, in this game. If I feel forced to in order to get a better main plot integration or something I'll get annoyed.  Can you romance Jackie?  I might find that funny..

If you don't want to, then don't do it? You'll miss some a romance focused side mission or two and some extra banter, from what I've seen so far.
There's two straight and two gay romance options for each V gender, plus some one night stands, like joytoys and Stout.

I will say there is one thing I actually really hate about the game. The dialogue "wheel". I wish more developers would just take from Alpha Protocol here if they don't want to write out everything you say verbatim, it'd be much smoother, and less annoyance when you take a completely different tone to what you thought it was going to be. Especially infuriating when you have a 3 second timer to choose.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well romance wise you can establish friendships across multiple missions, and then if you've picked certain dialogue choices and actions you get to the point of doing the "sure, lets bang and have a relationship" or stick to "lets just be friends".  Just keeping to the friends zone still has you playing a series of missions that expand world/story/character stuff, and can be engaging beyond the normal side-gigs.

It's that balance of side gigs that are repetitive "rescue / kill / steal" versus the side gigs that have more in-depth stories and interesting characters.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Got Johnny's gun and car. The car with these driving controls is a pain, has too much acceleration. Shame the gun can't be silenced, but I guess that would against the supreme douchebag's style .  Guess I will be finishing the game off tomorrow or tonight, not really in the mood to grind through all these gigs. 

River's romance is kinda out of nowhere, that questline was enjoyable.  Always good to see decent folk in the setting.

Game's been pulled from the PS store - https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Oner said:

If you don't want to, then don't do it?

Well, obviously, yes. That wasn't my original point tho.  It's fine if it's all a bunch of optional side stuff and maybe it means at the end you get some card saying you lived happily ever (or not...) somewhere, or you get no such card, and that's all the effect it has.  The annoyance is if if would affect the main ending/s gameplay somehow in a big way, and thus you feel like you miss something interesting in that regard, vs. just an ever-after text snippet.  From what you and the others are saying, sounds like most likely not.

Edit: btw, not wanting to grind all the gigs/side missions isn't me saying the game is bad. It's a decent game, with some aspects being very good.  I'll probably still wander around for a while longer messing around off and on.  For me tho this game doesn't have major long-lasting appeal.  It's light fun and visually awesome and I'm glad to have checked it out, but after 18 hours or so, I can't envision myself spending 80+ hours in it is all. Just me.

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Game's been pulled from the PS store - https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/

Wow.  That's ... almost historical.  Especially from Sony.  I guess I can understand it tho, because if they're actually going to refund a lot of copies, they probably don't want people able to still buy it and then demand refunds for the next three or more months etc.  So pull it until/if they think it's been improved enough that buyers aren't going to ask for refunds every minute, put it back on.

They really shouldn't have tried to put it on last gen consoles - or at the least, should have delayed the release of it. The anger from that might've been less than from this. Sheesh. 😄

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Jackie is dating Misty and there are other reasons why he's also not an option. Also, I don't think you miss out on content other than the romance itself by skipping the romances from what I've read. 

I've had a few of the minor side quests spin into larger quests but still nothing like the more fleshed out quests. I've managed to fail a few quests now, one was time gated which I didn't think was a thing in this game, but I reloaded and completed it because I like the character.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

22 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Jackie is dating Misty

Ah. That's fine. I was largely joking. Jackie's too much like a big bear bro.  But I bet he'd be funny script-wise if you could.  :D 
I've heard some quests can be failed, yup.  Which is nice/good.

Fishing.  This game has an ocean and piers. Needs fishing. For no reason other than ... I like fishing!  Just like slot machines. You could put a big cooler of fish in your trunk and take it to the market for a few coins and tell NPC's about how it was thiiiiis big.  :shifty: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoonDing said:

I've been seeing the word "simp" a lot in the wake of this debacle. Is there a new buzzword?

One thing cyberpunk fiction got wrong, our slang in the future is a lot lamer than they imagined.

• Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

12 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

so errr.... how much of this can actually be fixed?

Everything can be fixed.  Maybe one more year of making people crunch.

I dunno about anyone else, but some of the visual glitches I wouldn't mind if they stuck around. Because, funny.

I've decided what I'd really want is more environment interactivity. It's "huge open world", there should be at least a little of that imo. I mean, the two things I liked a lot with FO4 was the dog, and the town building (as limited as it was...).  Death Stranding - did I play it twice because of story? Heck no.  Perfect zip line network/time management? Heck yes. 

Maybe instead of already having 50000000 fast travel points in the game (how many are there, seriously? yes I know you can ignore them), maybe have only 10-20 main ones and you'd be able to craft some tech thingie that would serve as FT points. You could only have so many of them active so you'd have to decide occasionally whether you really want a FT here vs. there at the moment.  And ziplines in this game would have been amazing. Put some on rooftops now and then.  I dunno, something?

I don't expect too much of that type of thing in a story-RPG but a few options like that could have gone a long way, imo.  Has anyone much further discovered anything like that?

Ouch...

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55359568

Sony has pulled Cyberpunk 2077, one of the year's most-anticipated games, from its store and offered refunds to all players.

The unprecedented move follows complaints that the game has been riddled with bugs and glitches, and is prone to crashes.

Microsoft later said it would also refund any dissatisfied Xbox players.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Reputational damage to CDPR will be a lot.  Then again, gamers have short memories.

PSA:   Letting your savefile grow to over 8MB (there seems to be a limit to save file size) will corrupt/bug out save file (likely never recoverable).  eg, don't be a mega hoarder of items or crafting materials, or duplicate-glitch a lot, or whatever.  They'll probably try to fix it later but who knows. 

CD forum thread on topic w/people's testing:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/save-files-are-corrupted.11052596/

Short article for ppl who don't want to sift through a forum thread:
https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/hoarding-items-can-corrupt-cyberpunk-2077-save-data

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm a pretty good long way in and I'm at about 6Mb at the moment, though I do keep a relatively tidy inventory. Now it's going to be way more so 🤣

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Should note that deleting inventory does not seem to decrease save size much after the fact. 

Could be a bug with crafting so over time crafting action alone does it. Why a 8mb file cap tho, what is this, 1997? 🙄

Edited by LadyCrimson

Well, they did design with ps4 and xbox in mind, so I'm surprised 8mb isn't the total allowed size.

It's likely unintentional, so who's to say. It might not be related to the total size of the file but rather some internal counter that goes bollocks around the time. Don't know about that deleting items doesn't decrease size though, took a look at a savefile before and after a cleanse and sure enough I did shave off about 200Kb.

I meant doesnt decrease size enough to allow you to play, craft, etc very much before it rises to 8mb again and fail. So if you're already at 7.8mb you're in trouble to keep playing the way you might want to. Ppl in that forum thread tested stuff like that.

Edit spelling stupid phone kb

Edited by LadyCrimson