Cyberpunk 2077

ShadySands

1 hour ago, algroth said:

Chris Davis is spot on with his comments on YouTubers and critics here. Go off.

Seems like a sensible and laid back take on the game ... and reviewers, whether "pros" or "popular critics". It's like they've all become casual user-reviewers, giving 9's and 10's to every single TV show, movie and game they ever see because they don't want to hurt some mythical "anyone's" feelings by saying it's average. Nothing wrong with average, btw.

Again, I can only judge on gameplay/mechanics/environment etc not story/writing, but so far I'd largely agree with most of his comments re: such game issues.  The lack of reactivity/response that's hard to ignore forever, interactivity, a sense of not feeling connected, and AI issues.  Haven't personally run into very many terrible bugs/glitches, only little ones, but that could be partly because I don't play in a way that triggers most of them.  Oh, and I definitely wish there was a "mark as junk/to sell" feature.  The UI/menu/inventory stuff is such a mess.

That said since I enjoy "walkabout" games I still find it fairly fun to just run around and look/loot - satisfies that "squirrel!" mind anyway - at least for a while. In a weird way, in that regard it reminds me a bit of Morrowind actually - which I also found rather lifeless but liked running around in and messing about with.  :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got out of my car and was rear ended, then my car exploded into spilinters, that was a new one.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't shoot me but I remembered another reason I don't tend to like "cyberpunk" environments -  the music.  Watching Cohh, he loves all pulse pounding techo-punk/electronic or whatever music.  Myself, I want earplugs. 😛  Ok, some of the more sedate pieces are all right but ...  actually I'd just like it to stay silent with only atmospheric/city/car noises.  Guess I'll try turning music off....

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 12/15/2020 at 10:50 PM, LadyCrimson said:

I've seen lots of videos with it doing 50-58ish at 1080 and still have it look decent.  Lots of settings don't really need to be even on Medium for that, so a mix of Low and Medium would likely work.  Probably depends a bit on CPU too tho. But yeah,,,if you're looking for rock solid 60fps, may not happen.

I've got an i7 4770k though, ancient. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

Don't shoot me but I remembered another reason I don't tend to like "cyberpunk" environments -  the music.  Watching Cohh, he loves all pulse pounding techo-punk/electronic or whatever music.  Myself, I want earplugs. 😛  Ok, some of the more sedate pieces are all right but ...  actually I'd just like it to stay silent with only atmospheric/city/car noises.  Guess I'll try turning music off....

I have been going around and turning all of the radios in the game to classic jazz.

• Haha 1

Hm, think I am nearing the end of the game.  Cheesed a boss fight with cybersamurai by bliding him and nade spamming him to hell, probably should have done that in a more skilled fashion...

Only 35 hours spent, too. Recalling Witcher 3 though that is about the same.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Again, I am really enjoying the world they have created. It may be buggy or whatever, but it is clearly a classic for me, and I can see myself going back and playing it more than once.

I'm with you. I'm loving it so far, and there's already some very memorable moments and I just finished a quest that has me seriously uncomfortable in my seat.

• Like 4

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

15 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

I'm with you. I'm loving it so far, and there's already some very memorable moments and I just finished a quest that has me seriously uncomfortable in my seat.

Jesse Cox's **** malfunction?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

That 3rd person animation back/shoulder posture needs some work, lol.   But it would be interesting, for sure.

I finally did another early main quest. Wasn't hard.  Although I ended up having to kill everyone by default because ... well, some people are so impatient apparently...
So I keep wondering about all that hacking stuff. Reading around I gather it's akin to "magic" in a tech form.  I don't think I've done it at all outside of that tutorial bit.  I haven't yet felt a need. I'm focusing on Body/Reflexes and I am just running around rooms bopping on folks, only pulling out a pistol when I have to.  Just about everyone of "moderate" danger goes down in 2-3 whacks. The amount of "healing hypos" or whatever seems abundant - at least when you explore as much as I do - plus Body makes me superwoman I guess. If you can buy enough of those on top it's going to be like FFXV where game-over is rare because you can constantly hypo heal. I'd like to try stealth-y more often but it doesn't seem to go really well with ... a baseball bat.  So.

"LEEEEROYYYYY" as the old meme goes.  Not usually a melee person but non-strategic chaos is always all right with me.  😛

Focusing on mostly Body/melee seems to, so far, rather negate much need for a lot of options.  Although it's irritating not being able to open locked doors...

Edited by LadyCrimson

55 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Jesse Cox's **** malfunction?

I have encountered someone who had an intense case of crotchrot, yeah, had no idea it was some "influencer" though, I had to check it.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Man, the way the ending to Judy's side quest was handled ticked me off so much I couldn't even be arsed to load my save and get the good ending.

So Maiko, who is unpleasant, barely cooperative, obviously manipulative and in it for herself, shows no care for others and tries to pull a sudden plan change at the very end (and attacks you if you tell her to piss off) is the key to the good ending. Even though you can point out to Judy that she could've been worse than Woodman, the game's only counter to this is to go meta and say "You could've done better." Gee thanks. At least attempting to stick to Judy's plan doesn't lock you out of the romance.

I guess it's my fault that I thought the ending would be some kind of moral choice a la W3 and some other CP quests instead of baiting me into a bad ending, I daresay for no good reason.

Makes me wonder if I baited myself into shooting my own foot in the I Fought The Law quest too.

Edited by Oner

On PS5, the game is going well, although, as usual, there are bugs and lags .I don't know why everyone hates this game, but it started being developed 8 years ago.But it has so much content that players will spend another 8 years discovering it...

Edited by DanswordDina

7 hours ago, Oner said:

Man, the way the ending to Judy's side quest was handled ticked me off so much I couldn't even be arsed to load my save and get the good ending.

Reveal hidden contents

So Maiko, who is unpleasant, barely cooperative, obviously manipulative and in it for herself, shows no care for others and tries to pull a sudden plan change at the very end (and attacks you if you tell her to piss off) is the key to the good ending. Even though you can point out to Judy that she could've been worse than Woodman, the game's only counter to this is to go meta and say "You could've done better." Gee thanks. At least attempting to stick to Judy's plan doesn't lock you out of the romance.

I guess it's my fault that I thought the ending would be some kind of moral choice a la W3 and some other CP quests instead of baiting me into a bad ending, I daresay for no good reason.

Makes me wonder if I baited myself into shooting my own foot in the I Fought The Law quest too.

I got the same, I guess Judy's too goodie goodie with people she knows. I am more ticked off I didn't think to save

Takemura after the Arasaka ambush

, have to roll back a lot to get a save before it too, bah.