Cyberpunk 2077

ShadySands

24 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

I dunno, based on what I'm reading, my 1070 can do 40 fps on 1080p medium on a good day.  I'm going to hold back a while and se if the game can recover. 

I've seen lots of videos with it doing 50-58ish at 1080 and still have it look decent.  Lots of settings don't really need to be even on Medium for that, so a mix of Low and Medium would likely work.  Probably depends a bit on CPU too tho. But yeah,,,if you're looking for rock solid 60fps, may not happen.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 hours ago, Oner said:

Anyone got any input for the I Fought The Law job?

Reveal hidden contents

I told the Peralez' that evidence is inconclusive, and I'm told I missed a BD that killed the mayor, but I'm not sure if I properly completed the job and it'll have a follow up or if I just cut it off there. Going by the genre I assume they're the ones who got the mayor killed, considering they had enough pull with the police to get you the first BD.

Hm, I'm only part way through it, but did you...

After finding the video in the club and Han covering up the heart attack death, did you go to the room the Mayor died in and find the spiked braindance? Confirms a virus killed him, not an accident.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I wrote in the spoiler that I missed it. 😛
The cop called me again a bit later, but I haven't met up with him yet, I think a follow-up is starting. I'm pretty sure I saw Judy too involved with the quest in a trailer, and she did mention the original job offer in a call I had with her.

Every morning:  "I'm going to barrel my way through some main quest because I really want to open up the world..."
Result:  "Wonder what's down there. Ooo, lootbox bonanza! I wonder how far this road/sewer/path goes. Are those more gangs I can murderdeathkill? I wonder what that giant building is.  You-shall-not-pass! (darn)  Is that a ship?"

🙄

squirrel-04.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

7 minutes ago, Oner said:

I wrote in the spoiler that I missed it. 😛
The cop called me again a bit later, but I haven't met up with him yet, I think a follow-up is starting. I'm pretty sure I saw Judy too involved with the quest in a trailer, and she did mention the original job offer in a call I had with her.

It's one of those examples of the quest line pointing you to the next stage.. but if you take your time to wander around and check stuff on your own it turns up.

I wasn't sure if you'd known where that spoiler item was discovered. ;)

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

5 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Every morning:  "I'm going to barrel my way through some main quest because I really want to open up the world..."
Result:  "Wonder what's down there. Ooo, lootbox bonanza! I wonder how far this road/sewer/path goes. Are those more gangs I can murderdeathkill? I wonder what that giant building is.  You-shall-not-pass! (darn)  Is that a ship?"

🙄

squirrel-04.jpg

It's always helpful doing a mission and I'm getting phone calls from fixers trying to sell cars like they're spammers or something. Or Delamain constantly reminding me there's a car of his nearby.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My sidequest/gig list is horrendously long just from running past all these trigger points.  The highly disruptive calls and messages are so many that my rebellious nature is going "STOP BOTHERING ME, DO IT YOURSELF" so I've been studiously ignoring them all. Hence my low level. I know, I'm weird. Pffft. 

After a while I tried not answering the calls, but nope, that doesn't work.  You auto-answer after some rings anyway.  😕

They missed a chance to subject you to some guy trying to sell you a duct cleaning service.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

btw, is anyone else having trouble picking up placed world/ground items/loot?  It occurs maybe 15% of the time for me - they aren't visually glitching into the ground, you just can't interact no matter how you move around it.  Not bothersome when it's just "junk" but annoying when it's a lore recording or anything else more important. Like this guy was practically sitting on one and no matter what angle I crouched or jumping on his head etc. I couldn't click it. 

Cyberpunk2077-000036.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

btw, is anyone else having trouble picking up placed world/ground items/loot?  It occurs maybe 15% of the time for me - they aren't visually glitching into the ground, you just can't interact no matter how you move around it.  Not bothersome when it's just "junk" but annoying when it's a lore recording or anything else more important. Like this guy was practically sitting on one and no matter what angle I crouched or jumping on his head etc. I couldn't click it.

Known issue.

• Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Finally went and finished the Heist mission and got Keanu and all that. I did every single side quest I could find first and was about level 13 or 14 or so before starting which made it pretty easy. 

The game has a lot of flaws but I'm loving it so far

Free games updated 3/4/21

2 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Lot's of reports of transphobia in Cyberpunk 2077.

You're about 18 months late on that being old (demolished) news 😂

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Panam's a joy to be with. Sadly I chose a female V :lol:

• Thanks 2

Quadra.thumb.jpg.a921637c3982a569a6fe6696bdbd5797.jpg

**** yeah!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Resetera

To quote a wise man

Lulz

3 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Lot's of reports of transphobia in Cyberpunk 2077.

Ah great, now we get more whining about SJWs... 😛

If you ignore the desperate for attention poster, they will go away...

And create an alt. account until that one gets played out as well. :p

I am thoroughly enjoying my time living in Night City. I just beat up some twins. Err...Conjoined personalities...

I'm having a lot of fun driving around on my motorbike too. They did a good on the road design. It isn't quite GTA, but for a real RPG, it is excellent.

Got to crucify a guy, that was fun. Probably should have talked him out of it (probably have edgelord Johnny complain about it, too)

Having a good time playing it, with bugs aside, and funny things like two guys moving in perfect sync as they use a vending machine.  Seems side missions are bit more interesting in the southern parts.

Edited by Malcador

1 hour ago, Oner said:

Not only did a pair of cars just pop in randomly while I was driving, both landed off the road on a heap of trashbags, as if the game said "I don't need these". :lol:

Yeah, I've heard of stuff like that and on Cohh's stream I once saw a car just drop out of the sky to land on the side of the road.

In other "news", CD Red's now claiming they have no real power over those console refunds etc. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2020/12/16/a-major-warning-about-cyberpunk-2077-refunds-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/

Yesterday, the company appeared to clarify its role in the refund process, and that role appears to be minimal. To start with, CD Projekt Red does not control the refund process on any platform except its own GOG. Additionally, in an investor call, CD Projekt Red VP of Business Development Michal Nowakowski clarified that the company has no special arrangement with Microsoft or Sony regarding refunds, despite the offer to help in the earlier apology. It’s unclear, in most situations, what this email address is actually going to be able to do.

• Hmmm 1