Cyberpunk 2077

ShadySands

Got stuck in scan mode somehow in the middle of a gunfight, so was stuck dying in slow motion.  Also this game's implementation of a car radio system is probably the worst I have ever seen.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is a strange "complaint" - and a very minor one - but I'm barely into the game proper and I'm already really tired of seeing the same graphical mound of garbage bags, cans, bottles, desks, shelves, billboards and other things 10000 times. It makes wandering around very same-y.  Yes, this happens in all games but ... perhaps that's one reason I don't tend to like urban, office, indoor settings.  It's less bothersome when it's duplicate trees/bushes/rocks vs. stuff that fills city streets to make things feel more busy.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Btw, if you're unaware, disabling windows "full screen optimizations" for the game's exe might gain you 5-10 fps.  Or it might do absolutely nothing. But it's a simple thing to try, for any game.

steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe

r-click, properties, compatibility.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

This is a strange "complaint" - and a very minor one - but I'm barely into the game proper and I'm already really tired of seeing the same graphical mound of garbage bags, cans, bottles, desks, shelves, billboards and other things 10000 times. It makes wandering around very same-y.  Yes, this happens in all games but ... perhaps that's one reason I don't tend to like urban, office, indoor settings.  It's less bothersome when it's duplicate trees/bushes/rocks vs. stuff that fills city streets to make things feel more busy.

One thing that might entertain you even with that.. is that every single piece of garbage you see, is a complete item elsewhere in the game. There are no "generic rubbish" items. Everything is an item that has been rubbished. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

17 minutes ago, Raithe said:

One thing that might entertain you even with that.. is that every single piece of garbage you see, is a complete item elsewhere in the game. There are no "generic rubbish" items. Everything is an item that has been rubbished. ;)

I suppose that's fairly interesting in a technical sense but it doesn't mean much re: visual eyeballing. 😛

I was noticing today that the draw distance for some environment details is very short. Either that or glitchy.  Say, the large garbage bins (1st no lids on them, lids appear, more trash around bin appears)  You can see it changing/pop-in as you walk up to something.  So distracting. I didn't notice any pop-in until the main city.  Yes I'm whinging about inconsequential stuff most ppl don't care about, I'll stop now.  Maybe I just need another nap.  👩‍🦳

51 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Is the rubbished version a shader deformed version using the original item, or is it a manually deformed copy of the original asset?

Edited by Gizmo

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Is the rubbished version a shader deformed version using the original item, or is it a manually deformed copy of the original asset?

Off-hand, I can't remember. It was one of those brief things mentioned by the developers when they were talking about it. One of those off the cuff "We might have gotten a bit too lost on some of the details when we were getting to the point of doing x" kind of things.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

1.4GB patch (well, that's what size it was for me on Steam anyway .... )

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37043/hotfix-1-04

Installed and opened game.  I don't notice any real difference FPS wise, but I wasn't having huge issues in the first place.  Maybe, emphasis on maybe, FPS was a little higher/more stable when I turned RT reflections back on w/everything else still being High/Ultra etc.  But some say it's better on their older cards. Who knows.  Edit: not that performance was the patch main stuff.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Think I've decided I'll wait a week for more patches before going very far plot-wise into this game.  I don't mind the performance I'm getting but if there's more quest bugs or something .... I can wait a bit.

3 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Think I've decided I'll wait a week for more patches before going very far plot-wise into this game.  I don't mind the performance I'm getting but if there's more quest bugs or something .... I can wait a bit.

You probably got more than a week before this thing is fully operational.  I'm not a gambler but I'd wager you won't see a fully functional game until the time it get's it's first sale on the Store of your choice.

Well, I'm not expecting a finished, all patched version soon.  Just maybe another round of most reported bugs. That kind of thing.

Every sneaking session ends in outright boring gunfights. My kung fu is weak

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

16 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

There's a funny NSFW bug about male genitalia on reddit. Tried to link it but the forum tried to show the pick instead. 😳

Please send tell 😄

---

Anyway, there is one thing that bothers me about the game, and it's the lack of a walk modifier. Kind of annoying when you're supposed to follow someone, so if anyone feels the same and are playing on mouse and keyboard;

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/37?tab=description

Edited by Azdeus
Slightly wrong link

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Several of you seem to be quite knowledgeable about system specs and what may be the true minimum needed to run this game in a tolerable way. So ..., my desktop PC has the i7-5930K CPU (3.50 GHz), the GTX-980 with 4 GB, and 16 GB RAM. Is this enough to handle this game halfway decently?

58 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Several of you seem to be quite knowledgeable about system specs and what may be the true minimum needed to run this game in a tolerable way. So ..., my desktop PC has the i7-5930K CPU (3.50 GHz), the GTX-980 with 4 GB, and 16 GB RAM. Is this enough to handle this game halfway decently?

Will run on low or medium 1080p. I do know someone with a GTX 970 though and it runs pretty bad on that

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kanisatha said:

I have a 4790k, 980 and 16 GB and it runs ok on low.  Seems to be ok on Medium as well, but I've not tried it a lot, will try that and let you know.

• Thanks 1