Cyberpunk 2077

ShadySands

Well, have to run on low. Getting near 60 fps at least with my 980 and temps are not too insane.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I love fiber net. Felt like it took 5-10 minutes.

Well, not too suprisingly, it's a bit like Control, performance-wise, for me.  Have everything at max including RT/no DLSS (a few minor things Off because as usual I don't like them, like DoF) and it's 30 or a little below.  Start turning things down a bit and put DLSS on Quality, it's 40-50ish.   Turn RT off, then maxed/DLSS, close to 60.  So basically, run at 30ish or fiddle until you can run at close to 60.

That's at 4k.  Haven't tried 1440.  Edit: not sure I'll play too much tonight, either.  Just want to get past the intro stuff I guess ...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My copy's still in the mail, but not too hung up about it since I'll be away from home for the holiday period and don't really feel like starting then having to immediately take an extended break. But I might install and fire up character creation I guess? Or is it one of those games where character creation is integrated into the plot as opposed to being the very first thing you do?

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Or is it one of those games where character creation is integrated into the plot as opposed to being the very first thing you do?

You're in the chr. creation right off. Make chr, starts a very brief scene bit then you're in front of some mechanic.  You can save the game there and quit before talking to him if you want.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

managed to get the thing running, had to turn of ray tracing tho, it was seriously laggy

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Am going to wait for that one magic patch that everyone says is the turning point before I even bother.  I liked Witcher 3 and all but in this state I simply cannot bother at this point.

4 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Vsync was turned off when I first loaded up. Holy screen tearing, Batman. I've got a 1080ti with a lot of miles on it. I turned the setting down to medium with a few things bumped up. I'm getting 40-50fps at 1440p.

Do you have a Gsync monitor?  Worse comes to worse you can always turn down the screen refresh rate to 30 and crank the settings with V-sync (think of it as a high powered console version lol).  1080ti is still a great card BUT unfortunately it doesn't have DLSS to fix low fps issues.

I have managed, somehow, to get about 50fps, 4k, with both reflection type RT on (not the shadows RT).  Mostly High, DLSS on Quality.  But I'm not in the city yet, may tank there. At any rate, for me as long as it stays above 30fps, still feels fairly smooth for someone used to 60ish anyway, I could live with 40-50.  I'm not seeing huge visual differences when I turn down some settings to Med. or High vs. Ultra or whatnot.  I'll play with it more later.

So other than the graphics, how's the game for everyone ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

NooOOoooOOOooo.....thwarted!  Fine, I shall go back to the dude by the car ...
Cyberpunk2077-000022.jpg

I received some points or something in Athletics from galloping about tho.  Didn't know that was a thing. Also, I liked that I could climb up/jump up pretty much anything I encountered. No walls, except for that boundary message.  >.>

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

--Using a ps4 controller to drive was janky - as in, I barely touch the stick and it'd veer 90 degrees off the road in a mirco-second.  I did turn down the sensitivity which helped a little but turn it down too much and then non-driving camera swing would get too slow.  I have the feeling I'm going to utterly suck at any "gun fight while in a car" quests.  Other than that controller has worked fine so far.
--I like Jackie.  I'm not sure why exactly - he's not particularly funny/witty or bright or handsome, but on very short acquaintance for some reason I've became fond of him already. Big soft lug meter alert is high.
--I went through the optional combat/encounter tutorial section. It was almost too basic/easy and I don't think it'll help me much by the time I get to real combat because I'll forget what buttons to press by then.  😛
--Atmosphere of the game is decent.  The bits of dialogue I've heard so far are decent (at least, it didn't make me feel impatient/want to skip).
--ran into one UI extra-repeating weapon-text bug, very distracting, reloading a save made it go away.
--does have that same issue most open-worldish rpg's have, where everything is prompting you to be quick in urgent voices but you can just "what's over there?" and ignore it while everyone waits for you.
--early stealth option use is nice, I wonder how much in the main game you can truly maintain that, vs feeling forced into firefights or something

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2

I've only had one small glitch, when I looked in the mirror after putting a hat on I was suddenly bald with no headgear in the reflection. The moment I took the hat off, my reflection was correct hairstyle and all.

Starting off as the Street Kid you don't really get to see great views as such, it's very crowded in during that opening. Sure, you have a short ride around in a car and what you do see is really atmospheric, but it's tight streets, reflected neon lights, and a lot of rain. Then it's all inside buildings with that claustrophobia. Plus a certain sense of information overload, especially if you're the type to hit the scan and look around - Suddenly it's all "object on the ground"  "vending machine x" "item y" "person D"   "dead body"...  But it does look pretty.

Surprising how much of the trailers of the game turned out to be part of the montage "half a year later" sequence after you meet Jackie. All these clips that people had been analysing as to what they might mean, what potential storyline aspects they could have...  And they are just part of a montage. 😄

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Also apparently 8 million people pre-ordered it. I'm going to cheat a little, but that would be 480,000,000 euros?

9 hours ago, Malcador said:

They decided to "liven" up the gameplay by adding vendor junk to find with your Punk Senses. Remember how nicely the 48 minute gameplay reveal flowed? Yeah, not here. 
Controls felt a bit... sluggish? Though I was too sleepy to mess with mouse sensitivity properly, maybe that'll fix it. On the other hand, I did a slow 90 degree turn in my starter car and I almost lost complete control over the car, no idea why they made it that sensitive. Personally I find the UI too visually noisy, it's disorienting me.

Honestly, I'm sure the idea was that the first proper look inside the arcology (or megaplex?) you live in is supposed to impress you, but I got so intimidated I just went straight for the quest objective. :lol:

You get xp for using skills, which I'm a fan of and there's a ton of perks to choose from. Most of the cast is varying definitions of fun so far, and Cherami Leigh is putting a lot of emotion into V so far, I'm enjoying her performance. The starting corpo vignette was shorter than I expected and so on rails I'm not sure why they even bothered.

I have a bunch of small gripes and weird things (some voice lines were cut from earlier versions for no apparent reason, for example), but I'm eager to play more.

See, my initial idea is to play Street Kid Female V, Male Nomad V, Corpo Female V, then flip it.

My introductory meeting with the first RipperDoc and you do get the greyed out dialogue option of "Yes, I'll pay you 21,000 eddies for this" and the open "I'll have to owe you". Which suggests its perfectly feasible I could have wandered off and done a bunch of side stuff and raised that amount of money before meeting him.

After two hours last night before sleep, and an hour over my lunch break here, I haven't delved too deep into things, but there is so much out there in Night City. Its amazing, but I think it has that potential lack of coherency? All these possibilities that aren't directly tied to the story plot.

So yes, I wake up in my apartment, a possible virus on my system, Jackie is waiting to take me to the RipperDoc...  That's the obvious, as a player feeling its necessary to do that first. But I could have wandered off and raised that much money doing other things and then met Jackie there.... So I kind of love that it has that feel of possibilities to it? But I wonder how much more the "main" storylines will have that feeling of timed impetus which would feel like meta-gaming to ignore and go spend hours doing other stuff.

From the atmosphere so far in-game, I could definitely get lost in doing other stuff and enjoy it, but I can see potentially having that slight head-clash as a player if it keeps having those elements in the main story.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."