FLU

elvis911

I am wandering if there will be available the FLU trick from KOTOR. I don't really expect anyone to know the answer to this . . . I am just bored and curious because the FLU, once you had already been through the game without the FLU, was quite enjoyable.

no they are not and why would they put a glicth in a game on purpose besides the sith armor and the sand people outfit

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

no they are not and why would they put a glicth in a game on purpose besides the sith armor and the sand people outfit

Why do any developers put in cheats, glitches, etc? To make the completion and replay-ability of a game worth while?

Did KOTOR have eny official cheats? no. And there were a very few easter eggs in kotor.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

But i not saying i wouldn't like the FLU cheat

I think that the level up glitch was one of the best things about KOTOR. If there was no way to cheat and get a whole lot of attributes and force powers. I would have beat the game once and never played it again. If the Sith Lords doesn't have any way to cheat so you can create a super jedi, I am going to be very angry and consider the game a waste of money.

I think that the level up glitch was one of the best things about KOTOR. If there was no way to cheat and get a whole lot of attributes and force powers. I would have beat the game once and never played it again. If the Sith Lords doesn't have any way to cheat so you can create a super jedi, I am going to be very angry and consider the game a waste of money.

I sure hope you don't play online games.......... :p

:p:lol:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't really understand. By the end of the game if you built a semi-decent character, you were either killing each enemy in a single round or spamming force powers until the whole group was down. You don't need cheats for that.

The game was too easy for cheats to make it more enjoyable.

:)

Why in god's name would anyone want to cheat at KOTOR? It wasn't easy enough for some people when you were single-handedly wiping out dozens of Dark Jedi?

The only exploit I ever use is the 'holding levels until you become a Jedi' exploit, which IMHO is earned by the annoyance of beating all the quests on Taris with a level 2 Scoundrel. :)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

i play the pc version, and never had to use cheats. even on hard difficulty settings, the game is quite easy to get through, using autopause and a little bit of tactics when fighting foes.

i also used the 'complete all of taris quests at level 2', which, btw, provides some more challenge to the whole thing (not much, anyway).

Huh? how doya do that will someone please tell me???

I'll explain it as best I can but if you look at the guide at the gamespot site it explains it more thoroughly.

Basically you have two seperate modes and therefore two seperate levels. Let's say you start out as a soldier and then because a Jedi Guardian. When you level up as a soldier then that's exactly what you're doing. Leveling up as a soldier. So you level up with skills and feats.

When you become a Jedi then your levels change and you have access to force powers and different Jedi feats. What some people do is NEVER level up on Taris. Instead they don't level up until they become a Jedi. So as supposed to being a level 8 soldier and a level 12 Jedi you would more than likely become a level 3 solider and a level 17 Jedi. You get significantly more force points and powers by doing it this way and it's completely do-able. Easiest if you have a soldier.

There are two disadvantages to this. One is that your feat progression will be significantly slower. Even as a guardian you just don't get as many feats as you would with a solider. And second is that the progression of your NPC's is slower as well. When you level up in a regular way all of you are pretty much at the same level and in fact a couple of them that you get later(like Juhani and Jolee) have better defense than you.

But if you save your levels they will be significantly weaker. Jolee especially is weak in combat because of his poor feat progression. The way I usually circumvent this is to level up until I get to level 4. Then that's where I cut it. Your NPC's get a couple of more levels and you still get a significant force boost.

Let me know if you still don't get it or if you had any other questions about it.

Oh and by the way I asked the Dev's and from what I remember they are including this in the game. Maybe that's changed.

I'll explain it as best I can but if you look at the guide at the gamespot site it explains it more thoroughly.

Basically you have two seperate modes and therefore two seperate levels. Let's say you start out as a soldier and then because a Jedi Guardian. When you level up as a soldier then that's exactly what you're doing. Leveling up as a soldier. So you level up with skills and feats.

When you become a Jedi then your levels change and you have access to force powers and different Jedi feats. What some people do is NEVER level up on Taris. Instead they don't level up until they become a Jedi. So as supposed to being a level 8 soldier and a level 12 Jedi you would more than likely become a level 3 solider and a level 17 Jedi. You get significantly more force points and powers by doing it this way and it's completely do-able. Easiest if you have a soldier.

There are two disadvantages to this. One is that your feat progression will be significantly slower. Even as a guardian you just don't get as many feats as you would with a solider. And second is that the progression of your NPC's is slower as well. When you level up in a regular way all of you are pretty much at the same level and in fact a couple of them that you get later(like Juhani and Jolee) have better defense than you.

But if you save your levels they will be significantly weaker. Jolee especially is weak in combat because of his poor feat progression. The way I usually circumvent this is to level up until I get to level 4. Then that's where I cut it. Your NPC's get a couple of more levels and you still get a significant force boost.

Let me know if you still don't get it or if you had any other questions about it.

Oh and by the way I asked the Dev's and from what I remember they are including this in the game. Maybe that's changed.

This is not the FLU, this is just saving your levels. They are not the same thing.

This is not the FLU, this is just saving your levels. They are not the same thing.

Some people should keep there mouths shut post-1139-1093968712.gif, it may make em look stupid but it is better than making a big post like that and removing all doubt! post-1139-1093968735.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I kind of enjoyed the glitches myself. To me it wasn't the fact that the game was too hard and I needed to cheat, I just wanted to make an all powerful jedi and DOMINATE. There is nothing wrong with that. The fake level up was pretty cool...as long as you knew what you were doing.... other wise it was a waste of time. Also, if you did it too much, it caused problems in gameplay... such as the game freezing. I think they should allow cheats, though I'm not sure what LucasArts has to say about that. Either way, I'm sure someone will find a way to make a super jedi.

I don't know about FLU but saving your level is basically just staying level 2 while doing Taris and not levelling up until you become a Jedi, that way you can have 18 jedi levels instead of 12.music-smiley-004.gif

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Ok... it is kind of hard to explain. I had heard about it and found a very detailed web-site that gave step by step instructions. Anyway, the way I did it involved saving all of my level ups PAST the first (they force you to use that one). Once you get to the jedi a academy and after you pick your crystal color and whether or not your going to be a guardian, ect. It sends you to the level up screen. You FLU (i will post the link if I can find it), this allows you to gain MANY more force powers as also some feats that for instance only a jedi would get... except youyr getting them at a much earlier level. I also used that "skills" glitch that gave me over 500+ skill points on my first level up... but you have to sacrifice your first feat (well worth it I might add). If you fake level up then the skill points will stick (you have to do this on your second level up). So, lets say on your second level up, you use the FLU glitch till you get to level 18. This will give you an awesome amount of skill points (do it only to 18 so you can keep your feat). FLU= on your level up select the character while pressing the black button at the same time (xbox only, this is how I did it.) If you do it right, a picture of the character behind yours will appear where your characters picture should have been. Then you level up BUT DO NOT accept the level up... continue to FLU. Also, if you FLU on a attribute level then you must end on an attribute level... this way you can keep you attribute as well as any skills or feats you may have aquried along the way. Please excuse any and all typos.

Ivan: "Why in god's name would anyone want

to cheat at KOTOR? It wasn't easy enough for

some people when you were single-handedly

wiping out dozens of Dark Jedi?"

Why??? Credits. :p

Why take the time to earn them honestly

when you can add X amount whenever

you darn well feel like it. :blink: