Levels

EnderAndrew

I just noticed that I am Level 6, where I was Level 5 before. I don't think I hit any particular milestone in post count. I assumed that Level 5 was the cap before.

I say let's ditch the silly "level" system which seems to reward high post-counts and bring back the custom titles!

I think you post so much you just didn't notice :wacko:

I agree, levels suck.

Only because Ender has a higher level than you :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just noticed that I am Level 6, where I was Level 5 before.  I don't think I hit any particular milestone in post count.  I assumed that Level 5 was the cap before.

I say let's ditch the silly "level" system which seems to reward high post-counts and bring back the custom titles!

You got above 3200 posts. That was the milestone. It's like I will hit a milestone when I hit 1600 posts and then another one when I hit 3200 like you. I think the pattern is obvious (a power of 2).

I think post-counts should be done away with altogether, but that's just me.

I like it as a reminder for how much time of my life I've wasted posting on here instead of leaving the house and doing something productive. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I just noticed that I am Level 6, where I was Level 5 before.  I don't think I hit any particular milestone in post count.  I assumed that Level 5 was the cap before.

the level system does not reward high post counts as only the most childish nincompoops would give a damn 'bout their neobis board level.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Exactly. Get rid of levels and postcounts. If anybody wants a compromise, add a "NEWBIE" tag to people with less than 50 posts. Makes it easier to spot people who are ^&%#'s because of inexperience rather than out of habit :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein