So...about multiplayer.

Just here to be that guy who brings up multiplayer. Kind of sucks this game never got multiplayer support. I also refuse to believe that this game can't have multiplayer but Talisman and Sentinels of the Multiverse can. I think you should sell the game to a company who would at least do the game justice. I play this game on my phone and I know it is fun. I return to it on the regular. Playing this game alone however just sucks. It's just not fun to play alone for long periods of time. I'm not asking for mulitplatform multiplayer. I don't mind my phone game being single player. But on steam I expect much more. Especially since I had to pay money for the steam version.

• 1 month later...

Ekera, This game needs multiplayer like it needs a hole in the head. Its single player froms scratch and most fans like that about it. Mutliplayer would be nothing more than some useless add on gimmick. What on postenago earth about this game would lend itself well or benefit from multiple player? Dont be a casita head.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, asnjas said:

What on postenago earth about this game would lend itself well or benefit from multiple player?

The fact that the original tabletop game is multiplayer? The fact that you control multiple heroes? This game is a 1 to 1 of the original board game minus the multiplayer.

Back loooong ago, there were some plans for both local and networked multiplayer in the game.  There was a "Pass and Play" hot-seat mode, were you took your turn and handed off the tablet to the next player.  And up until the game was released on Steam, the main menu featured a greyed-out "Multiplayer" button:

Lo763W6.jpeg
RIP Quest Mode

Ultimately, both ideas quietly disappeared around when the game was released on PC.  I don't recall any rumors how well any prototype network play worked (if at all) before the Multiplayer button was finally removed, but the team joked about increasing the button's transparency each patch until it entirely faded away from view.

Edited by Ethics Gradient

10 hours ago, Ethics Gradient said:

Back loooong ago, there were some plans for both local and networked multiplayer in the game.  There was a "Pass and Play" hot-seat mode, were you took your turn and handed off the tablet to the next player.  And up until the game was released on Steam, the main menu featured a greyed-out "Multiplayer" button:

Lo763W6.jpeg
RIP Quest Mode

Ultimately, both ideas quietly disappeared around when the game was released on PC.  I don't recall any rumors how well any prototype network play worked (if at all) before the Multiplayer button was finally removed, but the team joked about increasing the button's transparency each patch until it entirely faded away from view.

It would be funny if it wasn't super sad actually. I love the tabletop game and I always love taking it out the box when I get together with my friends, (which is rare these days since covid). Last year and this year would be the best time to release multiplayer. I'd put money on this game becoming top 5 on the steam page. Anyway, I'm just super salty about this game not having multiplayer. Especially at a time when it's needed the most.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dfess said:

It would be funny if it wasn't super sad actually. I love the tabletop game and I always love taking it out the box when I get together with my friends, (which is rare these days since covid). Last year and this year would be the best time to release multiplayer. I'd put money on this game becoming top 5 on the steam page. Anyway, I'm just super salty about this game not having multiplayer. Especially at a time when it's needed the most.

I can't say I know for sure why multiplayer didn't happen for the digital game, but I'm going to suspect that player communication and resource management didn't quite work in a way they were happy with.

Half of the tabletop experience is scrounging for blessings or arguing how best to approach some impossible check.  At a minimum, the app would need integrated voice chat, and a lot of how cards and characters are handled would need to be redesigned to support "player X only controls characters Y and Z" stuff.  The digital version does a great job as a nerdy single-player RPG solitaire, but aside from maybe same-room multiplayer, I've got to imagine that there are a ton of things that would have needed to happen to make remote multiplayer feel smooth.

The dream though, would have been finding a way to make asynchronous multiplayer work.  Playing a few turns here and there, and working through a scenario over the course of couple days would have been fantastic.  Getting a mobile notification when it's your turn or "HALP I NEED BLESSINGS!!!" would have been a cool way to play the game with distant friends.