*Difficulty is Solo PotD upscale, currently level 16 SC Wizard

Having trouble coming up with a strat on my Wiz to acquire tablet from North-eastern room in Hanging Sepulchers (the room containing the Wraith that Dimensional Shifts you back towards entrance).

The enemies themselves would be manageable if I didn't get ported - this causes me to have to fight the Wraith +2 Rotghast at entrance, then run back and fight the remaining enemies which is very taxing on my total spell count considering I'd need to do a round of buffing for each pack. Also I should mention that Berath and Magran challenge are active so this cant be split into two fights once I decide to enter combat.

Is there a stealth level I can have to walk in an snag it and just circumvent this entire combat?

I've tried luring with spark crackers and using bounding boots to leap into the room - but this is very tricky and there's no way I could reliably reproduce this result even if i manage it, which I haven't.

Anyways, thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips.

Orlan for life.

Can't you just prematurely end the combat by using a Potion of invisibility or Arkemy's Brilliant Departure? Fight a little, kill some enemies, go invisible (which should end combat) and then repeat with fresh spell uses?

Potion of Invisibility doesn't break with DoTs - so if you have the problem that the combat ends too quickly after going invisible (no time to run away far enough) you can apply some DoT (e.g. Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon) before drinking the potion which will keep combat running as long as the DoT is ticking. You'll have more time to retreat before the combat ends then.  

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Argh! I overread the sentence with Berath's and Magran's Challeges. Thanks for the correction. Ok then potion of invisibility doesn't make a whole lot of sense except buying time I guess. 

In that case another trick maybe: use two pairs of Bounding Boots (one from Benweth's study, the other from Ori o Koiki for example). You can jump while stealthed and coer a large area with one jump (the range is pretty big) and refresh the per-rest uses when stacking the boots in the stash. So you don't have to rest to regain the uses. It's rel easy to "sneak" past anything with leaps. 

You could even try to time it right and cancel the action while you are in the air, right before you land - but after the char circle appears in the target area. Since Magran's Challenge prevents pausing this will be very hard to get right but it's possible nonetheless. If you manage to do it you will be leaping absolutely silently (no noise on impact that enemies might want to investigate) and you will not consume any per-rest use at all.  

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I found a video of a solo wizard doing this area, albeit a bit outdated, and they took the fight. It seemed there was not much I could do other than power through it, use all my best consumables, and empower myself instead of a single spell for resources... The fight was still very sketchy and finished off the last two enemies with no active buffs - swinging my flail in desperation mode. I will have to find an Ultimate video and see what those guys are doing, like you said. If there's a way avoid fighting there entirely, they would probably know.

Also, to piggyback another question in here: Can I cure bleeding from my character?

The skeleton archers in there were doing work on my HP bar and I believe it was some form of physical bleed they were applying to me. I still have Unshackling ring in my bags but I wasn't sure if that would do anything.

Thanks again.

Orlan for life.

2 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

You could even try to time it right and cancel the action while you are in the air, right before you land - but after the char circle appears in the target area. Since Magran's Challenge prevents pausing this will be very hard to get right but it's possible nonetheless. If you manage to do it you will be leaping absolutely silently (no noise on impact that enemies might want to investigate) and you will not consume any per-rest use at all.  

I did try the boots cancel action strategy for about 30 minutes earlier, the issue was the room I'm jumping into is absolutely tiny, and littered with enemies - and I can't pause. 

So I tried to spark cracker them out of the room -> jump in -> loot chest -> jump out 

The margin for error was so small I really don't think a Korean Starcraft player could micro that reliably. 

• Like 1

Orlan for life.

22 hours ago, Waski said:

He can't end combat@Boeroer with Berath challenge. Try to look up some ultimate runs on youtube to check how to steal the tablet. Or buff deflection as high as possible,  that teleport rolls vs that defence. 

as someone who stealthed the tablet I do not recommend it if you can try something else instead. it is by far the hardest stealthing you'll ever do, and i rehearsed that damn thing a bajillion times and got clicks and timings down to a precise art and i still was in a state of near-panic during the real thing.

at level 16 i would just blow as many high quality consumables (do you have summon items?) as you can to do the fight. (edit: i assumed OP was on ultimate because why on earth would you be doing magrans challenge :), but if you're not doing ultimate and you're extremely patient you could just make a bajillion individual saves and inch your way through a stealth approach. note - don't use the same save slot, because amusingly obsidian made loading the game a "noisy" effect, so a moment where you may have been safely stealthed may instead be one where a lot of enemies are converging on you when you reload)

22 hours ago, depth said:

So I tried to spark cracker them out of the room -> jump in -> loot chest -> jump out 

The margin for error was so small I really don't think a Korean Starcraft player could micro that reliably. 

what helps is using a scroll instead (longer range than sparkcrackers) and doing it twice. as long as the enemies aren't fully on their way back, they'll get re-distracted. but indeed the margin of error is extremely small.

Edited by thelee
  • Thanks 1

@theleeThat stealth sequence was silky smooth, nicely done. Do you remember your composite stealth off the top of your head?

Edit: Sorry I'm lazy - just needed to go back a bit further in the clip!

Edited by depth

Orlan for life.