[HELP] Porting PoE items to Deadfire

I'm trying to port a number of items from the first game to Deadfire, but I can't seem to get past the most basic things. I can make the items grant bonuses to defenses and attributes, or action speed. Even action speed in a 5m radius. But I hit a wall as soon as I try to do anything more complex.

Ring Of Thorns is supposed to grant a bonus to all defenses while Prone or Stunned. I tried to set conditions for both and all it does is making the wearer immune to Stun all the time. I don't even know what the code for immunity is, for Christ's sake.

Marked Amulet should give an action speed bonus to allies within a 5m radius on unconscious. I can make it give a bonus to action speed within a 5m radius all the time, but if I try to add a conditional for unconscious, a) I lose the ability to set a radius, and b) it doesn't work anyway, to the point that the game no longer recognizes the item as existing.

If a kind soul could guide me through this more "advanced" coding, I might be able to get the items done. After spending hours to try and do the Marked Amulet to no avail, I don't think I'll be trying anymore otherwise.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That worked like a charm. Thank you, @Boeroer!

I've got 3 out of 4 items down. I can't make the Glittering Gauntlets work to save my life; not even by literally copy-pasting a similar ability from, say, Kapana Taga or Spearcaster. I'll give them up for the time being.

Now I'm trying to do the Belt of the Royal Deadfire Cannoneer, and I'm having a hard time deciphering the unlock conditions for soulbound items. The part where you add lore to the description and remove/add abilities is pretty straightforward, but the conditions are wildly obscure. If anybody knows how they work, by all means give me a shout.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Don't the Glittering Gauntlets do daze on hit and getting hit (besides +9 deflection)? Maybe you could look up the unique spell Zandethus' Draconic Fury from Zandethus' Dragon-Scaled Grimoire - I believe it terrifies on hit and getting hit. That might be the exact same implementation you need (only with daze instead of terrify). 

Avenging Storm has something similar but iirc it only works with weapon attacks (hitting enemies with a weapon and getting hit by a weapon) but maybe that's easy to remove.

Then Offensive Parry (WotEP) dazes on hit. Maybe you can use that part as well. If it's a problem that it's gloves that have to do this and not the carried weapon then maybe look at Hylea's Talons and/or Boltcatcher and Gatecrasher gauntlets who all apply an effect on hit. They do it with a certain chance and not with every hit - but I guess you could easily set that to 100%, right?

I can imagine soulbounds' level-up conditions being hard to mod. :(

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks for the tips, I'm going to look into them :)

For the belt, if I can't make it a soulbound item like in the first game, I might make it a unique belt with just the spells and none of the crazy stat bonuses. I was kind looking forward to those, but if the belt offered all that stuff right off the bat, it would be way too powerful. If it had just the spells, it would be interesting and situationally useful.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

A'ight, so I've got the Firebrand and Torrent of Flames part down.

I couldn't make Fire Shield work in any way other than adding it as a spell the wearer could cast at their discretion, like Firebrand and Torrent of Flames.

For now, I kept those two and slapped a +3 Might bonus on top, which is similarly in keeping with the original from PoE.

I'll publish on the Nexus as soon as I place these items to various vendors.

Thank you @Boeroer for all the tips that made this mod possible!

• Like 1

...aaaaand it's up.

• Like 2