Can you get Thaos Headdress from Aloth at any point during a full solo run? I've searched and searched but I can't figure out if it's possible without partying him and then dropping him after removing item from his inventory...

I believe I have my poe1 background setup correctly because it IS in Aloth's inventory if I GROUP him.

When I KILL him (at Digsite or in Port Maje) he only has his robes, which is the problem.

The run is over if I group him for even a second to remove this item, please let me know if this is possible, what I'm doing wrong, or if there is another method.

Thanks!

Orlan for life.

Thanks a lot fellas, appreciate the quick replies. I had no idea there was a solo option in Deadfire, that's great.

There is one more question I'll try and lump into this post:

Is there a reliable means of acquiring an Acute Rash injury, or a known area/cutscene/trap where I can acquire this? (solo)

I wanted to test out the Rekvu's Helmet passive and that seems like the 'best' injury to carry with me.

I read somewhere you can use Necrotic Lance spell to knock yourself out (my character is a wizard), but I dont know how I would even go about doing that.

Cheers

Scripted encounter on island south of Fort Deadlight, on a way to that place when lady wizard guards books of storms, you have to fail some check. Late in FS you can acquire one too. 

Edit. Idk what injury you can get if you knock yourself out with fireball from necklace, maybe worth trying. 

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Thanks Waski, I will search for this encounter South of Fort Deadlight. Any thoughts on using Rekvu's Helmet on a Priest/Wizard? Seems like a very nice option.. I am currently using the mask from Delver's Row that has Rymrgand spell proc, but I haven't found any better helmet options so far. I guess I'll have to find out if Headdress will spawn for me in Ori o Koiki when I get there.

Orlan for life.

You mean the White Witch Mask that has a 1/rest use of Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage. It used to be 1/encounter but at some point got nerfed.

Ryngrim = archmage. Rymrgand = arsegod. ;)

Rekvu's Fractured Casque is very nice. Only problem in solo is that you cannot gain an injury that easily because you can't knock yourself out with something like Necrotic Lance without losing the game I guess? So you have to step on a trap and after that not rest that much. Best combo for a Wizard/Priest might be the Casque + the Scorched Cloak and then give yourself a Serious Burn. Your own Holy Fire and stuff will heal you. But you wouldn't be able to proc Brilliant from the Shroud of the Phantasm anymore...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 11/27/2020 at 4:39 AM, Boeroer said:

You mean the White Witch Mask that has a 1/rest use of Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage. It used to be 1/encounter but at some point got nerfed.

Ryngrim = archmage. Rymrgand = arsegod. ;)

Rekvu's Fractured Casque is very nice. Only problem in solo is that you cannot gain an injury that easily because you can't knock yourself out with something like Necrotic Lance without losing the game I guess? So you have to step on a trap and after that not rest that much. Best combo for a Wizard/Priest might be the Casque + the Scorched Cloak and then give yourself a Serious Burn. Your own Holy Fire and stuff will heal you. But you wouldn't be able to proc Brilliant from the Shroud of the Phantasm anymore...

Okay thanks for info Boeroer. That cloak does seem really nice as well. I still haven't found the scripted encounter south of Fort Deadlight where I can acquire the acute rash that Waski mentioned, so I haven't really done anything with this Rekvu's Helm, yet. I have made some decent upgrades though, Nomad's Brigandine from a bounty due West of Neketaka was a massive improvement to my Cabalist's Regalia from Arkamyr Manor. Also, I just hit level 16 so I'm starting to really feel the Priest/Wizard multiclass coming together.

How do you suggest I get a serious burn injury given that I can't knock myself out? Do you have a method?

Orlan for life.

47 minutes ago, Waski said:

It's east of fort, sorry. On a way to Ruins of Amira's Roost. Bad memory :)

Nice, thank you. I will search for this today!

*Update* I did find the encounter based on your instruction, it is due West of Fort Deadlight, on the Island containing the Ruins of Amira's Roost. Failing the Survival check at False Forest just before the Ruins did indeed grant me the Acute Rash.

Thanks Again!

Edited by depth

Orlan for life.