Multiplayer issues on November 23

After not playing for a month or so, my friend and I started a new multiplayer game last Friday (November 20).  The game ran flawlessly and we have played every day for several hours since.  She is hosting the game, and I am joining.  She only has 3 saves at a time.  However, just now as we loaded in a few things happened:

1) My inventory disappeared and I started at the beginning case.  Also, I had all of the beginner quests to find food and drink re-enabled.  We tried reloading a past save which did not change this.  A bummer since I was wearing the bee armor and carrying the bee spear, all of which are gone now.

2) Bugs were glitched everywhere.  Spiders stuck in roots and inside leaves, a stinkbug inside a fence post, ants inside each other.  I thought this bug was resolved.

3) My ping was bouncing all over the place.  This hasn't happened to me before, so its a new one.  It is not my connection, it is only in the game.

Anyway, this was disappointing since the past 3 days have been so smooth and quite frankly, epic.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?