The White March I & II - Items / Accessories

Hello, everyone.

I'm looking at a bunch of items from Pillars of Eternity and expansions that I would like to port to Deadfire via a mod.

I seem to remember a much coveted ring from The White March part II that gave +3 INT, but I can't seem to find it on the wiki. Does anybody remember the name, icon, description, and gameplay mechanics of the ring (provided that it did anything besides the INT bonus)?

Additionally, were there any other accessories in The White March I & II that were particularly good or sought after? My memory's fuzzy as I haven't played the game in a long time, and the fact that this ring is not on the wiki makes me think other items might be missing as well.

Thanks!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

There's no Ring with +3 to INT in the White march expansions - but one with +4 to INT with the name of "Gwyn's Band of Union". I guess you mean that?
It is not in the wiki list for whatever reason (the lists get auto-generated and sometimes there's a hickup it seems so that entries get omitted and some are double) but has a wiki page:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Gwyn's_Band_of_Union

If you didn't mean that I suppose it's the Ring of Changing Heart you are looking for (+3 RES instead of INT but a 2/rest Dominate Spellbind). 

Will try to edit the list in the wiki. Sometimes it helps to just do an empty edit and save so the list gets regenerated. Let's see...
If this doesn't work we can summon @Tagaziel who's one of the main guys behind taht gamepedia wiki. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That was exactly it, thank you!

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Looking at these items, I must say the first game had much more powerful stuff than Deadfire on average.

I'll try to reproduce the items as faithfully as possible, but power creep will have a field day with them 🤪

Quick q: the wiki says that Ring Of Thorns gives +50 little shield while Prone or Stunned. The little shield links to "defenses", as though it referred to all four of them. I seem to remember it was only Deflection though. Could anyone confirm?

On 11/23/2020 at 6:34 PM, AndreaColombo said:

Looking at these items, I must say the first game had much more powerful stuff than Deadfire on average.

I'll try to reproduce the items as faithfully as possible, but power creep will have a field day with them 🤪

Keep in mind that items' effects in PoE didn't stack. So +4 was the max you could get if it was in that Ring since it would have suppressed all other INT buffs from items (except weapons). Thus I think the items in Deadfire are actually better/more impactful than in PoE on average and also if I look at Stuff like Scordeo's Edge and whatnot. Also Gwyn's Band of Union came pretty late.

1 hour ago, AndreaColombo said:

Quick q: the wiki says that Ring Of Thorns gives +50 little shield while Prone or Stunned. The little shield links to "defenses", as though it referred to all four of them. I seem to remember it was only Deflection though. Could anyone confirm?

Don't understand the question 100%, but I can say that the Ring of Thorns gives you +50 to all defenses while Prone or Stunned, it has the same enchantment as Little Savior (small shield), Blaidh Golan (hide armor), one version of Garodh's Chorus (helmet) and Ilfan Byrngar's Solace (medium shield): Preservation. Only difference between shields and the rest is that shields are weapons and effects from weapons stack with everything, meaning that Preservation for a shield will stack with Preservation from another item (ring or helm or armor).
The "empty" shield defenses_icon.png?dl=1 in the wiki actually means all defenses, not only deflection. Deflection is a shield with a little thingy: deflection_icon.png?dl=1 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thank you!

The stacking thing is (part of) what I meant when I said the power creep is real. In PoE you got higher bonuses cause you couldn't stack them, so the same items in Deadfire will be much more powerful. Then again, they were pretty cool items so why not? ;)

Would you happen to know the size of the friendly AoE for the Marked Amulet's "Martyr" ability?