can someone give me a passive buff bot + summoner build?

Some questions:

• For Kana (official companion), a custom adventurer or as player character?
  • melee defense oriented, melee dmg oriented or ranged?
  • what counts as "buff"? Healing, too?
  • what's the priority, low micromanagement or buffing/summoning?

In general I would say that you'll have the lowest micromamagement possible with a tanky Dragon Thrashed Chanter -  a guy who only sings the Dragon Thrashed phrase and doesn't do much else. Summons actually do require quite a bit of input to be effective. They are additional characters to steer around after all. Of course they are very effective once they are out - but it takes a while for the Chanter to collect enough phrases. The best way to ensure that Chanter summons can contribute to a fight is to use a tank to scout ahead, trigger combat and then run back to the party where the Chanter waits. Once the enemies reach the party the Chanter may be ready to drop his summons. During that time other party members have the time to buff up etc. (e.g. a Priest can cast Devotions for the Faithful and so on). 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Chanter is a bit of a strange beast. Essentially there are two ways of playing chanter - chant focus and invocation focus. Difference is, chant focus generally repeat long phrases(for example dragon trashed) while invocation focus read 1st level phrases rap style, collecting their phrase charges as fast as humanly possible. If you want summoner, invocation based chanter is your best bet, however they are NOT low micro one. As you collect phrases fast, you also want to burn them as fast as possible so you will summon and then cast and then summon

If you still want summoner chanter, I personally like low might, high perseption, int and resolve one. He constantly chant At the sight of his comrades and Fastest of his tribe, buffing partymembers resistances and collect phrases to call out ogres and throw around disables. Plus he makes good offtank.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to truly dedicate to being a buff bot, not debuff or damage, you don't need accuracy. You could give up on being able to hit opponents with anything, dump perception and also have low DEX if you want, use a large shield with shield style to compensate for the otherwise-low reflex, not worry about the large shield reducing your accuracy, and put points into might and con instead for big passive heals and being a pinch-point meat shield, in addition to the usual high intellect for wide-area songs and longer linger. Some opponents are dumb enough to surround this guy and keep beating away at him even though he can't directly harm them. Or maybe they're kinda smart and don't like the fact that he's buffing everyone.

Usually better to do what @Boeroer wrote, but if you need a meat shield, it works, at least so far;  I haven't gone too far into the game with this build yet. I suspect that some opponents will be quite happy to disengage and go after other targets.

Writing about this chanter build made me think of "Disaster Area":

A plutonium rock band...generally regarded as not only the loudest rock band in the Galaxy, but also as being the loudest noise of any kind at all. ... Regular concert goers judged that the best sound balance was usually to be heard from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles away from the stage, whilst the musicians themselves played their instruments by remote control from within a heavily insulated spaceship which stayed in orbit around the planet - or more frequently around a completely different planet. Many worlds have now banned their act altogether, sometimes for artistic reasons, but most commonly because the band's public address system contravenes local strategic arms limitations treaties.

https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/Disaster_Area

By the way: Chanters won't stop chanting even if withdrawn by a Priest. So you can block a doorway with a withdrawn Chanter who's still singing phrases while withdrawn, and once he emerges from Withdraw he's usually ready to cast an invocation.

Also Preservation items (+50 to all defenses when stunned or prone) will trigger when withdrawn, giving the Chanter +50 to all defenses minus the stun debuff. Even +100 if you stack a preservation shield with another preservation item. Now you ask why that's any good because the Chanter is withdrawn anyway. I only say "Defensive Mindweb". ;) 

• Thanks 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods