Stop making companions leave perm

I'd say that superior attitude is not a really good way to approach life in general - especially if my trail of thought resembled the boisterous capers of a besotted chipmunk - but what do I know, right? ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

13 hours ago, asnjas said:

Human nature is a thing we come to acknowledge when we move beyond quora and wiki.

Wow. That's some first class waffle right there. Are you attempting to say that things that are "objectively boring" are categorically "bad" even if people enjoy doing them?  I'd also add that clarity is superior to vapid waffle if one is trying to make a point of substance, and patronising people is never a prudent strategy.

• Thanks 1

nvAeseu.png

On 12/16/2020 at 9:12 AM, Slotharingia said:

Wow. That's some first class waffle right there. Are you attempting to say that things that are "objectively boring" are categorically "bad" even if people enjoy doing them?  I'd also add that clarity is superior to vapid waffle if one is trying to make a point of substance, and patronising people is never a prudent strategy.

Yea people enjoy doing drugs and ignoring their family. I will also say that is objectively bad. Lol. Period. Done. 

This line is for emphasis of lol.

People really fall in love with the idea everyone gets to be right and reality is determined by your individual preferences aka snowflake special.They run into brick walls with things that are objectly bad like nazis and child rappers sic. 

I didnt order waffles pals. Sounds like you ordered breakfast while its lunch.

32 minutes ago, asnjas said:

They run into brick walls with things that are objectly bad like [...] child rappers sic. 

Kris Kross were objectively great --> argument destroyed!

35 minutes ago, asnjas said:

Yea people enjoy doing drugs [...] is objectively bad. Lol.

Yeah people enjoy doing drugs while posting in forum is objectively bad. Lol. 🤡

Clown is for the emphasize of lol.

This is getting ridiculous now. Your arguments would be a lot more constructive if instead of smugly resorting to comparisons that are rapidly becoming increasingly absurd, you accepted that you are wrong and took a different approach. Like asking why people still play repetitive games like Diablo or counterstrike after practically a decade, or why people buy Fifa every year. And no, just because you don't like grinding doesn't mean it's equivalent to "taking drugs" or "child rappers", both of which I can't really see are "objectively bad" anyway. Drug addiction is bad, but saying taking drugs in general is always bad is a gross over simplification, and kids rapping is bad how? Yeah, I get you meant paedophilia, but if you are going to sit there yelling: "I'm right and everyone else is wrong, also I'm more clever than the rest of you", at least proofread what you wrote.

• Thanks 1

nvAeseu.png

For a while I thought the problem might be in the fact that English is not his first language. But actually, this does not appear to be the case: English is his first language, he's just really bad at it. I could be wrong, of course, but the errors he keeps making don't look like the kind of errors people make in their second or third languages. (English is not my first language, either, so I'm willing to be quite forgiving as long as people get their point across, but when someone's being as obnoxious as this person constantly is, it doesn't actually provoke kindness in me.)

• Like 1

The pancakes have come out to play. Seems no one wanted to touch the nazi and child rappers. Cant blame ya. It is a tough one. Cant even begin to subjectively justify it huh. "Oh but those are bad examples." I know, for you lol. 👏🤡 But maybe child rapping is fun just not for the child. 🤡👏

People talk more about me then the topic. That says something about your knowledge on the topic. 

Music is a good example there kriss cross. I guess beating our heads against a rock to produce thumps is as beautiful as mozart, queen or any other musican. Is it? Dont deflect, is it? Sounds like some people have been music making since they were 5.

Genius is relative and you guys aint giving me much of a choice are ya lol.

People do talk about the topic, you just ignore it and start rambling about ludicrous rubbish. Now we've even got to Nazis. Also, yeah, people are a lot more likely to say paedophilia is okay than that you can't spell. *facepalm*

nvAeseu.png

• 1 month later...

I would argue the bigger issue here is that it's wasteful, needing to create so much variation to accommodate different outcomes is harmful in that it wastes time on the game and if they continue the BioWare approach to the series will hurt the entire franchise, as they have to deal more and more with every possible outcome from player choices, and end up making the entire world effectively unuseable like what happened to the milkyway in Mass Effect, it also ruins any attempt to really make the game feel like a proper tabletop RPG which is clearly the intent,

You are comparing stuff that happens to a companion with stuff that happens to a galaxy with regard to the "usability" of a game world like Eora - and claim that both things ruin any attempt to really make the game feel like a TTRPG? 🧐

The latter is a debatable goal anyways and not one that seems to have been aimed at by Obsidian or even the old IE games - see PoE's attack resolution or IE's Real Time with Pause - which aren't like TTRPGs at all.

Let's think the first claim through and ask: how about every prominent boss you kill - or let live? Would this make the world "unusable", too?

Problem about world unusability was found long ago - canonical path. Like you can be good or bad in Kotor and then good or bad in kotor2(with ability to provide Ravan choice in first game, however according to Legends, first game character was male lightside guardian, while second game was lightside female Sentinel. So with Dragon age - Warden canonically male dalish elf who did NOT went with Morrigan plan

And that's totally fine imo? You can't expect the official lore to take every possible outcome into account. So devs might use the most common outcome and turn it into canon. That's fine. Or they pick a version which they find most interesting or cool. Also fine. As player you can't expect to seamlessly float from one immersion into the next - this is not Tad William's Otherland. ;)

I mean unless you always want to play a nobody who doesn't have any noticable impact on the game world. Then it might work.

Edited by Boeroer

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

And that's totally fine imo? You can't expect the official lore to take every possible outcome into account. So devs might use the most common outcome and turn it into canon.

I don't disagree with anything the two of you said.

But there was one interesting thing I noticed between PoE and Deadfire, one where I wondered whether Obsidian had chosen the "most common outcome" or not.

In PoE, you can solve the Leaden Key situation in the Defiance Bay catacombs either by fighting or by posing as one of them (after acquiring the Woedica hood stolen by the troll who killed the cultist). But in Deadfire, it will be automatically assumed that there was bloodshed. Aloth makes an unequivocal comment to this effect, no matter what you did in PoE.

Not a problem. Just an example of something that made me go hmm.