Politics US Edition Volume II

Amentep

8 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

I like how everything is bled o to Russia. And here i thought they are near bankrupt globally impotent shadow of prior soviet block, yet they seem to be able to heavily influence the greatest country on the earth 😂

Well, as I recall from a few CyberSecurity things I attended a couple of years back, about 70% of organised cyber-crime in the world traces back to Russian groups, and about 60% of cyber-espionage traces back to Chinese groups.

It's surprising how effective and efficient you can be with those tools without having to be a big, rampant, economical giant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

15 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Well, as I recall from a few CyberSecurity things I attended a couple of years back, about 70% of organised cyber-crime in the world traces back to Russian groups, and about 60% of cyber-espionage traces back to Chinese groups.

It's surprising how effective and efficient you can be with those tools without having to be a big, rampant, economical giant.

Well, in those two countries math and physics are big things on all levels of education, while in US you have concepts of math being 'racist' etc. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skarpen said:

You may engage in every mental gimnastics you want to fit your agenda. Still the phrase "they vandalized churches" do not describe the actual occurence.

it is you doing the gymnastics. the phrase does indeed describe what occurred as we noted attachments count as the property itself for purposes o' vandalism. a church was vandalized from the legal sense. again, keep in mind a nativity scene on the church lawn woulda' counted as vandalism o' a church if some random ne'er-do-well had set such on fire and is doubtful many would quibble over the such a recognition. curiously, is skarp_one who focused on the message o' the attachment in question-- a blm sign does not count as property possible o' being vandalized in skarp_one's curious world...

5 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Burning a terrorist group sign is not vandalism

coulda' focused on the nature o' the signage as movable or temporary, but instead skarp_one focused on the message. 

as we noted already, am suspecting you have managed to identify what would be the key difference 'tween a cross, nativity scene or blm sign 'pon church property as far as the proud boys willingness to commit crimes involving a church. as such, your gymnastics is illuminating. once again you managed to out yourself. thanks. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Darkpriest said:

I like how everything is bled o to Russia. And here i thought they are near bankrupt globally impotent shadow of prior soviet block, yet they seem to be able to heavily influence the greatest country on the earth 😂

Underestimate Putin's Russia at your own peril, but you do have a good point. Too easy to point fingers at the first name the springs to mind. I do not doubt that China is putting some of all that manpower to work on cyber warfare either, but honestly, if I had to make a serious guess, I would say it's the work the Israelis. They had Trump bowing and scraping before them and Biden may not be  somebody who responds to Israeli demands the same way Trump did (probably thanks to Jared Kushner). Israel does have the resources to pull something like that off (and frame the Russians in the process)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

curiously, is skarp_one who focused on the message

Nope. It was Gromnir who did. As always you don't answer what was written, but invent something and then you discuss your own invention. The only way you might seem somewhat intelligent.

A very simple thing. If you would ask 10.000 ppl what vandalizing a church mean you would not hear one person mentioning burning a sign. saying that PB vandalized a church is simply a lie. 

166215__front.jpg

24 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Nope. It was Gromnir who did.

we literal just quoted you focusing on the message. might need that mouse medicine in the science discoveries thread if you forget so quick.

again, if we were told that a nativity scene set ablaze on the lawn o' the church were vandalism o' a church, is doubtful many o' those 10k would quibble. no difference 'tween the nativity scene or a cross in the yard being set ablaze. 

and ask those same 10k if burning a blm sign counts as vandalism and save for the proud boys and skarp_one, is doubtful any agree.

keep talking.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It's always good to wake up to alternative law & order in the morning.

https://religionnews.com/2020/12/13/proud-boys-burn-black-lives-matter-signs-at-churches-in-washington/

“It pained me especially to see our name, Asbury, in flames,” she said. “For me it was reminiscent of cross burnings.”

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

30 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

again, if we were told that a nativity scene set ablaze on the lawn o' the church were vandalism o' a church, is doubtful many o' those 10k would quibble.

Nobody set a nativity scene ablaze. You made that up and try to pass it as reality.

166215__front.jpg

50 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

and ask those same 10k if burning a blm sign counts as vandalism and save for the proud boys and skarp_one, is doubtful any agree.

So your argument is that if hitting another car is traffic accident and hitting a pedestrian is a traffic accident then saying that someone who hit another car has hit a pedestrian is true?

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

15 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Nobody set a nativity scene ablaze. You made that up and try to pass it as reality.

*sigh*

never made such a claim. from a legal pov, is no difference 'tween setting the blm sign ablaze or a cross or a nativity scene if one is to determine if vandalism occurred. you said, "Burning a terrorist group sign is not vandalism." the nativity display is personal property and an attachment no more or less than the blm signage. is vandalism and is no question 'bout that. skarp_one is wrong on the vandalism point.

also, from a legal pov, the nativity display is no more a part o' the church than the sign. is personal property attached to real property. start asking your imagined 10k where line is drawn as to what is the church and am betting they is gonna have difficulty distinguishing the nativity scene, grave markers, religious symbols and statuary. how 'bout a sign affixed above the church doorway asking passersby to pray for our soldiers overseas?  the proud boys and skarp_one will dig in heals over the blm signage, but from a legal and logical pov, is no difference 'tween the sign and the nativity display or a statue o' saint francis. 

14 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

So your argument is...

no. 

strawman to your heart's content but you will do so solo.

but again, destruction o' the sign, even if the sign offends the sensibilities o' skarp_one and the proud boys, is vandalism and were undeniable attached to church property before it were removed and destroyed.

HA! Good Fun!

People still on about BLM being terrorists, I see.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

17 minutes ago, Malcador said:

They are

image.jpeg.6a9ec33f47dd8ce1e46c9865b51d2700.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

3 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

They are

gonna admit to not knowing exact what am looking at.

in any event...

Tracking the 2020 electoral college vote

alternative

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gromnir said:

gonna admit to not knowing exact what am looking at.

Bureau of Land Management

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just now, Malcador said:

Bureau of Land Management

*insert eye roll*

shoulda' known. am recalling gd's recent misrepresentations.

HA! Good Fun!

6 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

*insert eye roll*

shoulda' known. am recalling gd's recent misrepresentations.

HA! Good Fun!

No sense of humor! :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

4 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

No sense of humor! :lol:

if you say so. am too familiar with gd's "sense o' humor."  says he is joking... but y'know, there is a more than a little truth in calling the bureau a terrorist group, yes? been here too many times.

as an aside, trump current has 3x as many votes as biden. if biden eventual pulls off a win, clearly there were fraud involved.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

In other news I believe the electors from each state will cast their vote today. That means the 2020 election is well and truly over. Hopefully. 

Meanwhile in Trumpland

Thomas Sowell

5 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

if you say so. am too familiar with gd's "sense o' humor."  says he is joking... but y'know, there is a more than a little truth in calling the bureau a terrorist group, yes? been here too many times.

as an aside, trump current has 3x as many votes as biden. if biden eventual pulls off a win, clearly there were fraud involved.

HA! Good Fun!

As Sinbad would put it there is a grain of truth in all good humor. But in this case the tongue was firmly in the cheek

Thomas Sowell

4 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

In other news I believe the electors from each state will cast their vote today. That means the 2020 election is well and truly over. Hopefully. 

won't be over 'til january 6. a fair number o' republicans in Congress will embarrass themselves on that day as they make one last ditch effort to overthrow democracy.

additional, there will be court cases which continue to no effect. winning the cases is less the point than is being able to raise funds which swell trump's pac account. 

HA! Good Fun!

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Honestly it's too tiresome to keep up with anymore.

24 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

It will never be over, Trump will keep this up until he dies or gets back in and his cult will continue after his death.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

On 12/12/2020 at 1:24 PM, Gromnir said:

we also listened in on the wisconsin supreme court hearing today... arguably the most blatant republican Court majority in any state. when speaking o' judges, there is a big difference 'tween conservative and republican, and the majority o' wisconsin judges is republican. am admitting we were surprised when multiple judges called out trump efforts as racist--such is the first time we has heard a judge do so in one o' these election cases. didn't happen with detroit or philadelphia cases. jill karofsky, one o' the non-partisan judges on the court 'bout whom we knew almost nothing before today, were particular dismissive o' trump and his attorney, calling their efforts "unamerican" and blasting the unsubstantiated and general accusations o' fraud absent any meaningful offers o' proof. the overt republican judges o' the wisconsin supreme court were a bit more reserved in their criticism, but there is no mystery 'bout the future o' trump's last gasp efforts in wisconsin now that the court has adjourned. 

earlier today, the supreme court case in wisconsin were decided. wisconsin were the court most likely to go rogue and support trump's overthrow o' democracy but instead we got a repeat o' all the other trump and co. court losses although the wisconsin court focused their ruling almost entirely on previous mentioned laches basis. once again, in spite o' press conference hoopla and Presidential tweets to the contrary, the trump campaign did not allege specific examples o' fraud but instead based its demand for relief on a s'posed repugnant election practice which had been in existence for a decade, and trump were challenging the practice in only two counties.

perhaps more intriguing is that at least one donor to trump co lawyers is demanding his $2.5 million dollar donation be returned 'cause o' misrepresentation. location o' business were misidentified and the at least four cases filed by true the vote, inc. were voluntarily withdrawn. 

aside, in spite o' fact trump were leading biden by as much as a 5 to 1 margin at ~noon est today, biden is current at 302 electoral votes to trump's 232, with hawaii electoral votes being the only state remaining to cast its ballots for President and VP. 

any chances william barr investigates the obvious fraud which were required to see trump lose the commanding lead which he enjoyed this morning?

for posterity, biden crossed the 270 threshold at 2:27 pacific time. kamala harris became vp at 2:32. no doubt more than a few proud boy members (and similar disposed ilk) howled in impotent rage at the times noted. 

spoke too soon. not william barr.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

11 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

for posterity, biden crossed the 270 threshold at 2:27 pacific time. kamala harris became vp at 2:32. no doubt more than a few proud boy members (and similar disposed ilk) howled in impotent rage at the times noted.

Oh, those subtle jabs 😝

Didn't Barr leave the sinking ship with the other rats already weeks ago? I don't remember the exact incidence, but there was something about him seeing the writing on the wall and distancing himself from the legal circus 🤔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

32 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Oh, those subtle jabs 😝

Didn't Barr leave the sinking ship with the other rats already weeks ago? I don't remember the exact incidence, but there was something about him seeing the writing on the wall and distancing himself from the legal circus 🤔

it were a couple weeks previous when barr announced the doj hadn't seen any evidence o' widespread or election changing fraud in the 2020 election. *gasp* then it were public announced that hunter biden were being investigated for tax issues. even though all the relevant info were previously leaked october surprise style before the election, trump blasted barr for not public announcing the hunter biden investigation. 

weren't so much a rat leaving the ship. were a jack torrance situation by trump.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Thanks 1