Politics US Edition Volume II

Amentep

Old thread:

Last few posts:

8 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

It is an indictment that voting for anyone other than the two candidates that have been preordained as the only two candidates that are allowed to win is directly equivalent to literally not voting at all.

Honestly hate the idea of this kind of voting almost as much as what the USA currently has. I want the kind of nuance that preferential voting affords me. I want my vote to go to the big party that I hate least ONLY after we've established that the party I actually like can't possibly get a majority, not for my votes for those two parties to be exactly the same. (We have preferential voting here in Australia, it rules.)

6 hours ago, HoonDing said:

"tommy tuberville"

this is his real name lmfao

3 hours ago, IndiraLightfoot said:

Well, that's reassurring... Not! That is one humongous group of people. I wish it wasn't so large, but propaganda and misinformation are powerful tools, as history has shown us again and again.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/attorneys-left-scratching-their-heads-as-trump-campaign-lawyer-does-the-unthinkable-in-michigan/

tl;dr: Trump lawyer in Michigan files motion to dismiss their own lawsuit on false grounds (i.e. that the county did not certify their results - they did). January can't come soon enough.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

With the coup failing on the legal battlefield and electoral college shenanigans looking unlikely, who else thinks Trump will end this clustercuss of a year with something terrible that will muck things up for years?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

As always with Trump administration, the total incompetence is amazing. Well, at least he's fleecing his cultists with this spectacle.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 minute ago, KaineParker said:

With the coup failing on the legal battlefield and electoral college shenanigans looking unlikely, who else thinks Trump will end this clustercuss of a year with something terrible that will muck things up for years?

I think a lot of it's already happened, but not yet come to light.

I think once the Biden transition team starts getting access, we're going to begin seeing just how poorly things were ran. Of course, once the effects start to be felt, Trump will be long gone and McConnell will be all too happy to pin it all on the democrats.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Looks like this is a vast Sino-Venezuelan conspiracy. Watching this press conference by Giuliani.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Following the trumps legal team press conference. So Biden‘s victory was actually a conspiracy between Venezuela and Cuba and China? That’s amazing! This sounds like a Brad Thor novel! I take it Rudy Giuliani will be the action hero that will save the day? Quite a story LOL

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Seems Malc & I like the same kind of story. Political corruption, international intrigue, espionage, all it needs is a man in a tux and a couple of racy sex scenes (with a female preferably) to make it complete! Hey we love a good spy yarn!

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Being overseas, in northern Europe, I can clearly see a decline on the interwebs as far as anything Trump goes, and I don't just mean a decline compared to the hectic months before the US election, I mean quite a notable decline - the number of reports about Trump is at a low frequency soon matching the one early 2016. In a few months, at this rate, he'll be almost forgotten over here. For instance, I read more reports already about Ivanka than about Donald and his administration + his lawyers, and I predict that the reports will be more tabloid-y by the week. So, the scary thing, to avoid oblivion, he needs to start a fire and a huge one. I fear the worst, but hope for the best.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

9 minutes ago, IndiraLightfoot said:

Being overseas, in northern Europe, I can clearly see a decline on the interwebs as far as anything Trump goes, and I don't just mean a decline compared to the hectic months before the US election, I mean a quite notable decline - the number of reports about Trump is at a low frequency soon matching the one early 2016. In a few months, at this rate, he'll be almost forgotten over here. For instance, I read more reports already about Ivanka than about Donald and his administration + his lawyers, and I predict that the reports will be more tabloid-y by the week. So, the scary thing, to avoid oblivion, he needs to start a fire and a huge one. I fear the worst, but hope for the best.

I was listening to something last night and the comment that stuck with me was something along the lines of, "everyone has been talking about Trump and Trump thinks that's because he's Trump. The reality is that that everyone has been talking about Trump because he's President of the United States. As soon as that last part isn't true anymore, no one will be talking about him and he's probably not expecting that"

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

17 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Seems Malc & I like the same kind of story. Political corruption, international intrigue, espionage, all it needs is a man in a tux and a couple of racy sex scenes (with a female preferably) to make it complete! Hey we love a good spy yarn!

I dunno, this crap is more like Ringo than Forsyth. 😛

23 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Looks like this is a vast Sino-Venezuelan conspiracy. Watching this press conference by Giuliani.

And they'll end up bombing Iran to stop it.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 minute ago, KaineParker said:

And they'll end up bombing Iran to stop it.

Or Cuba, given they tossed that in as well.

38 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

You know how sometimes athletes are accused of playing too long, tarnishing their legacy in their later years because they can't get up and down the field the same way? I always thought that was bunk, but watching Guiliani erode over the last decade has turned me around on it. 

39 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Following the trumps legal team press conference. So Biden‘s victory was actually a conspiracy between Venezuela and Cuba and China? That’s amazing! 

Almost as ridiculous as Russian 2016 election meddling, yet people on the Blue team continue to gobble it up and at the same time belittle conspiracy theorists...

Anywho, once Trump flees back to his tower and abandons his supports, we may have an opportunity to win a good portion of them over to the left side, which I assume is going to be the MPP?  Eh, it's been a while since I frequented Social Media so I'm not sure which is the dominant 3rd party at the moment.

• Gasp! 2

58 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

Eh, it's been a while since I frequented Social Media so I'm not sure which is the dominant 3rd party at the moment.

That’s like asking who is the prettiest stripper at the King Frog Truck Stop Restaurant and Caberet in Macon Georgia on a Tuesday afternoon.

• Haha 2

Thomas Sowell

Mr Burns seems like an apt nickname now:

Ak32c21G0Y7Z4ufx-aMscrou08EXzYekjXHGj-EGedoBha-4pSI0jQ1eX5dV5ak4A-NH6Q=s128

And btw:

q7H9QSTM_bigger.jpg

That press conference was the most dangerous 1hr 45 minutes of television in American history. And possibly the craziest. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you’re lucky.
Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

19 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

I have a feeling I'd rather spend time with them than Ivanka Trump or Chelsea Clinton..

Of course. You would actually have a shot with the strippers. Assuming you’re not too objectionable looking and have at least $20 in your pocket. And don’t mind bullet scars and cigarette breath.  LOL

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

8 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Almost as ridiculous as Russian 2016 election meddling, yet people on the Blue team continue to gobble it up and at the same time belittle conspiracy theorists...

This is a really bad example and false equivalence, Russia did interfere in the 2016. This is an irrefutable fact

Venezuela, Cuba and China have not interfered in even remotely the same way in this election and arent the reason that Biden won

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

This is a really bad example and false equivalence, Russia did interfere in the 2016. This is an irrefutable fact

So far as I can tell, a lot of the disagreement on this point comes down to what is meant by "interfere".

Some people seem to think that only hacking voting systems clears this bar.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Achilles said:

As soon as that last part isn't true anymore, no one will be talking about him and he's probably not expecting that"

Of course, it isn't certain, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's going to spend the next decade fighting off lawsuits against him. Considering his financial situation, he might run out of money before the 2024 elections.

Edit: I.e. the legal fights are going to make headlines for a long time to come.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein