Grabbed Cold Blood BURGL chip but failed to finish quest

I believe I found the Cold Blood BURGL chip before I had been granted the quest, but didn't realize. After being granted the quest, I found the location from online guides, but the chip was no longer there.

I then realized I had already found it and went back to BURGL. After having looked at guides, I now knew there was a BURGL chip beside BURGL, so I grabbed that before talking to him. I was able to give him that chip, but not the Cold Blood chip. At this point I seemed unable to complete the quest so I abandoned it.

Not sure if there is anything I can do to recover this quest now?

• Thanks 1

You may have already unlocked what the chip unlocks if you submitted it to BURG.L already. 

You may have missed out in the raw science points however. 

13 hours ago, CAJ said:

I believe I found the Cold Blood BURGL chip before I had been granted the quest, but didn't realize. After being granted the quest, I found the location from online guides, but the chip was no longer there.

I then realized I had already found it and went back to BURGL. After having looked at guides, I now knew there was a BURGL chip beside BURGL, so I grabbed that before talking to him. I was able to give him that chip, but not the Cold Blood chip. At this point I seemed unable to complete the quest so I abandoned it.

Not sure if there is anything I can do to recover this quest now?