Keep health of enemies after they become unaggressive again

It's very frustrating to see a bombardier beetle or a stinkbug being back to full health after backing up to heal or take shots with your bow. I think it would make much more sense to have the amount of health for enemies saved so when you get back into the fight you don't loose any progress.

This could be acceptable in mild difficulty, but the PvE difficulty isn't that hard to justify it, playing out the fight with small targeted attacks isn't necessary, I can understand recovering their HP at a specific (but still fast) rate instead of instantly healing, but not recovering HP at all is abusable with the combat system Grounded has.

The bow do not have a good spot at the moment, shooting bugs from safe places isn't and shouldn't be viable strategy: it is boring since it has no real difficulty and it makes no sense for the bug to just eat all your arrows. Basically the bow is quite useless rn but I really look forward to see if Obsidian can make a place for it in the meta when flying aggressive insects will be introduced. You're idea would make shooting from unreachable locations a valid strat, but since it's a boring and easy strat devs should prevent player from doing so to protect them form themselves.

If you are fighting melee and you want to flee it means you are losing the fight, escaping is quite easy so making that mobs not recover HP would automatically make every fight won since you can take your time to heal before fighting again while the insect can't, it's just asking to make lost fights won anyways. As I said, acceptable in mild difficulty since it is the easiest, but on normal+ it would make the game PvE easely abusable with easy and boring strats.

22 hours ago, Pellah said:

This could be acceptable in mild difficulty, but the PvE difficulty isn't that hard to justify it, playing out the fight with small targeted attacks isn't necessary, I can understand recovering their HP at a specific (but still fast) rate instead of instantly healing, but not recovering HP at all is abusable with the combat system Grounded has.

The bow do not have a good spot at the moment, shooting bugs from safe places isn't and shouldn't be viable strategy: it is boring since it has no real difficulty and it makes no sense for the bug to just eat all your arrows. Basically the bow is quite useless rn but I really look forward to see if Obsidian can make a place for it in the meta when flying aggressive insects will be introduced. You're idea would make shooting from unreachable locations a valid strat, but since it's a boring and easy strat devs should prevent player from doing so to protect them form themselves.

If you are fighting melee and you want to flee it means you are losing the fight, escaping is quite easy so making that mobs not recover HP would automatically make every fight won since you can take your time to heal before fighting again while the insect can't, it's just asking to make lost fights won anyways. As I said, acceptable in mild difficulty since it is the easiest, but on normal+ it would make the game PvE easely abusable with easy and boring strats.

My problem is that for example if you play with a friend and you back off and let your friend keep fighting, the enemy can easily become deaggroed for a second if your friend gets downed while you're healing. That's my biggest problem with it.

I have to say, having the enemies regenerate health slowly if they're not in a fight seems like a way better idea and makes much more sense. That would be a nice way to solve this problem.