If you are experiencing the same issues that many of us are having, your progress should still be current. Builds, chest inventory, etc., are how they were on the last logout. It seems to just be the backpack inventory and starting spot that gets reset to a previous point. I did multiple tests on pc last night regarding this, and it only seems to happen after closing the game. I can play after loading, save and load normally, and make progress, but after I close the game my inventory and spot are reverted back. It seems to have crossed an old save with a new one because everyone experiencing it is starting in a different spot on the map. I sent an email to support with all the details, and I encourage you to do the same. The more information they get, the sooner they'll be able to get this resolved.

@RagingRedneckTVyes, you describe it perfectly, that's my case. At first looks like an old save as backpack and location are old. In my case, the backpack and location were the save before the Koi Pond update. I did send a ticket to support. 

Content Creator for Grounded at Youtube and Grounded Dossier  

2 hours ago, Shane Leadbetter said:

Is there any way to get save progress back, I dont know whats happened but I definitely didn't delete the saves that was detailed

I had that happen to me a while back. I generally try to avoid changing the saves list as much as possible. Deleting saves seems to cause more problems than it fixes, and at least in my case they end up coming back. Last time it happened it brought back almost 70 deleted saves, and I lost the 2 saves I had that actually worked. So I just left all of the ones that it brought back. And as far as I know, there's no way to get back deleted saves. But you should check with obsidian on that. In the meantime, I wouldn't change your save files so they can look at them exactly how they are. Good luck.

Cheers dude d

21 hours ago, RagingRedneckTV said:

I had that happen to me a while back. I generally try to avoid changing the saves list as much as possible. Deleting saves seems to cause more problems than it fixes, and at least in my case they end up coming back. Last time it happened it brought back almost 70 deleted saves, and I lost the 2 saves I had that actually worked. So I just left all of the ones that it brought back. And as far as I know, there's no way to get back deleted saves. But you should check with obsidian on that. In the meantime, I wouldn't change your save files so they can look at them exactly how they are. Good luck.

id it just come back when they done the next patch?

I am encountering Save issues on my Microsoft PC Version.  I made a bunch of items yesterday and signed in this morning and it reset to my start point from Friday. All the newly crafted items are gone but also a few items that I had made prior to the weekend.

I did a test this morning.  I started up single player, repaired an item, did a manual save, exited out completely.  When I logged back in I was back at my start point again from before the weekend.  The item I repaired was not anymore and my start location was not where I logged out but where I logged out Friday evening.

This seems repeatable.

• Like 1

Thats exactly what I was talking about. World changes are kept when you save, but your inventory, character progression, and starting position are reset. To avoid losing items, make sure you put anything that wass not in your starting inventory in a chest or storage container before you quit (the inventory reset allows for an item duplication glitch (if you're into that kind of thing)). No way to fix losing perk progress or to correct the spawn location issues until we get a patch. Builds, insect kills, quest progress, and raw science are safe.

@Shane LeadbetterNo, the issues with returning saves haven't happened since before 4.0, but I also switched from xbox to pc after the last time it happened.

I just haven't played since I noticed this bug after 4.2 dropped in the hopes that 4.3 will fix it.

Another example why deployments / updates right before the weekend are a bad idea. -- Especially before a Steam free test weekend.

Edited by Skjoldur

56 minutes ago, OneButtonGaming said:

Any chance someone from the team can provide an update on this. Clearly is a mass problem and game breaking that people can't load saves. Not much point playing if its all going to be lost - is it being investigated as a high priority?

Yeah, it's weird. It is understandable that an EA has bugs, but not finding 2 minutes to acknowledge or update on a serious bug like this I find kinda unprofessional. I don't mean to insult the developers and community guys, but this could and should be handled better. As I said... 2 minutes...

Edited by Skjoldur

FWIW, I did send an email into support and got this response back rather quickly:

"Thank you for contacting Obsidian Support. Apologies that this issue of save files reverting is happening, our team is currently looking into this issue and hoping to have a fix soon."

I'll add my experience with this. From the PTS save until the main 0.4-0.4.2 update I haven't encountered this issue. I even played before the 0.4.3 patch and it's all fine. I had internet connection issue so I played offline on the 0.4.2 version and made progress. Since the internet connection issue was resolved, I updated to 0.4.3 just a few minutes ago and that's when I encountered the same save load issue, I doubt it's because the latest progress was done offline before that patch but that might be possible. I've emailed them with my save files, so hopefully there is something they can get out of it and apply a fix.

Before last Friday when patch 0.4.2 was placed I never had any problems with my saves now all my saves are except for two that were made in September. All of my progress since September is now gone I put in tons of hours during that time. Then I checked to see maybe this patch 0.4.3 will fix it, nothing still.  Grounded can you get my save back.  If not just let me know and I will just wait for the game to be fully released.  This is issue is for the Xbox one console. My user name is: Biggft. Thank you!  

4 hours ago, Biggft said:

Before last Friday when patch 0.4.2 was placed I never had any problems with my saves now all my saves are except for two that were made in September. All of my progress since September is now gone I put in tons of hours during that time. Then I checked to see maybe this patch 0.4.3 will fix it, nothing still.  Grounded can you get my save back.  If not just let me know and I will just wait for the game to be fully released.  This is issue is for the Xbox one console. My user name is: Biggft. Thank you!  

This is my exact issue, all my saves have disappeared and I think my earliest save i can load is on game day 78, whereas I was on 120ish, im going to load it up tonight after work and fingers crossed its back, if not there is really no point in playing as im worried that ill put in all the effort to get back to where I was, just for them to eventually find a fix.