The server no longer exists.

Getting this issue whenever my daughter tries to join my multiplayer game, through the game itself or directly through steam.   We're in the same household.   She's using Windows 10, I'm using Windows 7.

She can't host any games either, says to check her connection.  

We were originally able to play just fine a few months ago, consistently.  

Happened to my girlfriend twice: Once after I (host) had a short disconnect and another time randomly, maybe also due a very short disconnect.

Without knowing anything about the technical aspect I would guess, that the game lost the registration at the server that facilitates connection between game clients and did not reconnect after my disconnect. 

This however does not seem to be your problem.

I assume your daughter still lives in your household? Then if your game is not running, you have not forwarded ports for Grounded manually and your daughter is still unable to host the game, then I would check for a firewall or maybe port forwarding issue on her end.

There were quite a few Windows updates over the last few months. Who knows what might have changed.

Tried Forwarding all the recommended ports for her, didn't seem to do anything.     Also made sure the game is allowed to bypass the Firewall.  
Also, the exact message she gets is "The Game you are Trying to join no longer exists".

Edited by Shawn Spencer
update

Exactly the same issue for me and my boy. We're sitting next to each other. We played MP without issue in 0.2, never tested 0.3 and now in 0.4 we're having issues.
I can host, my son can't join, says the game is no longer available. I see him as offline.
He can't host, timeout at "Creating Lobby..." with "There was an issue hosting a multiplayer game. Check connection" etc

If we look at Settings/Gaming/Xbox Network, the NAT-type says "Teredo is unable to qualify".
If we try "Fix it", it'll stay fixed until the next time he tries to host a game, where it will break again

All of this points to routing issues. Any suggestions how to fix this?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does any of these accounts have Microsoft Family Safety enabled? If yes remove it.

Does any of these accounts have age restriction on Windows, eg an elevated admin account is needed for installing anything? If yes, change the age of the user

Do all of the users have an Xbox profile? If no, create an Xbox Live profile, the game uses Xbox Live for friends, not STeam profiles

check that in Xbox Live privacy settings of the new profile the user has access to multiplayer games, add friends, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 1:10 PM, Bangalor said:

Does any of these accounts have Microsoft Family Safety enabled? If yes remove it.

Does any of these accounts have age restriction on Windows, eg an elevated admin account is needed for installing anything? If yes, change the age of the user

Do all of the users have an Xbox profile? If no, create an Xbox Live profile, the game uses Xbox Live for friends, not STeam profiles

check that in Xbox Live privacy settings of the new profile the user has access to multiplayer games, add friends, etc.

Are you serious?  It used to work, but now to play with my kids I have to remove their safety protocols?  What kind of BS is this?

On 1/2/2021 at 3:10 AM, Bangalor said:

The original poster started a new thread where he stated a using different MS account for his daughter worked to resolve the issue. I had the same experience (created a new account without family safety enabled) - so I guess it is somewhat confirmed that the family safety settings do interfere with the game (from 0.3 onwards).

I do agree with the above poster though and there should be a granular control to resolve this - turning off family safety or creating a new account just for grounded is a pretty poor "solution" (and one I would record as a workaround, not an answer).

• 4 weeks later...